How Donald Trump screws my union over everyday

VivaRevolution

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There has been a real cost to me, for trump being elected president. Not surprisingly, his appointment to the National Labor Relations Board(NLRB, the governing body of arbitration for organized labor), and Trumps relationship with my employer, has allowed my employer to subvert the rule of law, and be in violation of our collective bargaining agreement.

My union currently has 4 times the average amount of grievances waiting for arbitration, than is normal. The NLRB is intentionally dragging its feet in ruling on my unions grievences, in a quid pro quo deal with the Boeing corporation.

The effects to my daily life at work are significant. The employers are under-manning the work areas and putting pressure on people to get the job done by any means neccassary, which includes violating FAA regulations. The supervisors have plausible deniability because they aren't instructing you to violate FAA regulation, they are just harassing you to complete a work load you have not been given the proper resources to achieve, and be in compliance with rather important regulations.

Recently a mechanic crew in a shop, worked together to re-institute practices that were in compliance with procedures, and regulation. Their reward to doing the right thing? The whole crew was shipped out to different shops, to break up their group.

As much as I get mad at democrats for not being the ally to organized labor they once were, their must be a recognition of how utterly hostile republicans and Donald trump actually are to people who work for a living.

Discuss.......

Last edited:
Dont you work for boeing? pretty sure you got plenty of work coming down the pipeline

Dont you work for boeing? pretty sure you got plenty of work coming down the pipeline

It isn't about having work, which btw was used to extort our pensions from us, by threat of removing jobs, which is actually illegal.

Are we a nation of laws?

Do regulations actually apply to corporate America?

Is a collective bargaining agreement a binding contract?

Or are you OK with campaign donations, and lobbying creating platinum citizens?

Union alert? Tacoma what? Things are starting to come together.

Never had a good experience with unions, having been on both sides of the fence. The infighting that I witnessed when I was working as a unionized warehouse worker made office politics on management side seem like a civilized debate between gentlemen. I am of the belief that if your work performance is spectacular, you have little use for a union for job security. You will be more than capable of climbing the corporate ladder or finding a better position elsewhere. I'm not talking about just being good. Being good means you won't get fired for poor performance. You need to excel at what you do, and know when to keep your mouth shut.

You're a pussy?

No the opposite. I don't cuck myself to my employer, and actually understand that capitalism is about leverage, which is why every worker who joins a union is a smart capitalist, and those that dont, are very dumb capitalists.

It isn't about having work, which btw was used to extort our pensions from us, by threat of removing jobs, which is actually illegal.

Are we a nation of laws?

Do regulations actually apply to corporate America?

Is a collective bargaining agreement a binding contract?

Or are you OK with campaign donations, and lobbying creating platinum citizens?
dont you pay your b agent a ton of money to worry about these things so all you do is work and get paid a shit ton?

next meeting you should stand up and call out your leadership instead of blowing smoke at sherdog/ trump.

Never had a good experience with unions, having been on both sides of the fence. The infighting that I witnessed when I was working as a unionized warehouse worker made office politics on management side seem like a civilized debate between gentlemen. I am of the belief that if your work performance is spectacular, you have little use for a union for job security. You will be more than capable of climbing the corporate ladder or finding a better position elsewhere. I'm not talking about just being good. Being good means you won't get fired for poor performance. You need to excel at what you do, and know when to keep your mouth shut.

If you think your job performance could ever create the leverage that collective labor creates, again, I dont mean to be rude, but you are a dumb capitalist.

Last edited:
There has been a real cost to me, for trump being elected president. Not surprisingly, his appointment to the National Labor Relations Board(NLRB, the governing body of arbitration for organized labor), and Trumps relationship with my employer, has allowed my employer to subvert the rule of law, and be in violation of our collective bargaining agreement.

My union currently has 4 times the average amount of grievances waiting for arbitration, than is normal. The NLRB is intentionally dragging its feet in ruling on my unions grievences, in a quid pro quo deal with the Boeing corporation.

The effects to my daily life at work are significant. The employers are under-manning the work areas and putting pressure on people to get the job done by any means neccassary, which includes violating FAA regulations. The supervisors have plausible deniability because they aren't instructing you to violate FAA regulation, they are just harassing you to complete a work load you have not been given the proper resources to achieve, and be in compliance with rather important regulations.

Recently a mechanic crew in a shop, worked together to re-institute practices that were in compliance with procedures, and regulation. Their reward to doing the right thing? The whole crew was shipped out to different shops, to break up their group of workers who worked together to do the right thing.

As much as I get mad at democrats for not being the ally to organized labor they once were, their must be a recognition of how utterly hostile republicans and Donald trump actually are to people who work for a living.

Discuss.......

I'm not a lawyer, but if I were you, I would put all your concerns about FAA violations down on paper and submit it to your supervisor - that way you have a record and I would presume couldn't be held liable if something drastic went wrong. I don't know what your job is, but I've always been taught to get things written down, or in an email or something -

dont you pay your b agent a ton of money to worry about these things so all you do is work and get paid a shit ton?

next meeting you should stand up and call out your leadership instead of blowing smoke at sherdog/ trump.

What are they supposed to do about the NLRB basically being corrupt, because trump appointed a corrupt person?

And no. What I stand up and say in my union meetings to my leadership, is that without sick outs, and working to the rule, and other forms of resistance that the members themselves must organize and engage in, that our union is a paper tiger.

Just like politics, there is no messiah coming to save you. If you want change, it's not going to happen by people being spectators.

What are they supposed to do about the NLRB basically being corrupt, because trump appointed corrupt person?
be the higher bidder so the corrupt people work for you.

thats how unions have always worked. my union always paid politicians

If you think your job performance could over create the leverage that collective labor creates, again, I dont mean to be rude, but you are a dumb capitalist.
Ladies and gentlemen, here is a typical example of butthurt union lifer with little prospect of advancement.

I'm not a lawyer, but if I were you, I would put all your concerns about FAA violations down on paper and submit it to your supervisor - that way you have a record and I would presume couldn't be held liable if something drastic went wrong. I don't know what your job is, but I've always been taught to get things written down, or in an email or something -

Oh, I'm all about the documentation, but if you go to the FAA with it, they sweep it under the rug.

I preach documentation to anyone that listens. In fact the only reason I still have a job is because I am better at documenting, than the incompetent management my employer hires.

The SEC isn't the only regulatory body, that has been completely corrupted, and serves the interest of those it was meant to regulate.

Trump has cheated his contractors his entire career, yet somehow inspires loyalty from the working class, never understand it.

Ladies and gentlemen, here is a typical example of butthurt union lifer with little prospect of advancement.

Lol, I make 80k a year without OT. 110k a year if I want to work OT.

My hard work, is rewarded by 30k extra a year.

Can you say the same?

I preach documentation to anyone that listens. In fact the only reason I still have a job is because I am better at documenting, than the incompetent management my employer hires.
Why do you have an avatar suggesting America is shameful, while desparately trying to cling onto a job within the military industry.

Well it's a good thing we have terms limits and a thing called a voting system where you can vote for candidates who won't fuck you over directly but rather ones that will fuck you over indirectly. Either way, you are gettig fucked so have the lube on hand.

Why do you have an avatar suggesting America is shameful, while desparately trying to cling onto a job within the military industry.

I am a member of probably the most powerful private labor union, and build commercial airplanes.

What is shameful is what we are as a nation. I take pride in what we are supposed to be.

Back