How Donald Trump screws my union over everyday

There has been a real cost to me, for trump being elected president. Not surprisingly, his appointment to the National Labor Relations Board(NLRB, the governing body of arbitration for organized labor), and Trumps relationship with my employer, has allowed my employer to subvert the rule of law, and be in violation of our collective bargaining agreement.

My union currently has 4 times the average amount of grievances waiting for arbitration, than is normal. The NLRB is intentionally dragging its feet in ruling on my unions grievences, in a quid pro quo deal with the Boeing corporation.

The effects to my daily life at work are significant. The employers are under-manning the work areas and putting pressure on people to get the job done by any means neccassary, which includes violating FAA regulations. The supervisors have plausible deniability because they aren't instructing you to violate FAA regulation, they are just harassing you to complete a work load you have not been given the proper resources to achieve, and be in compliance with rather important regulations.

Recently a mechanic crew in a shop, worked together to re-institute practices that were in compliance with procedures, and regulation. Their reward to doing the right thing? The whole crew was shipped out to different shops, to break up their group of workers who worked together to do the right thing.

As much as I get mad at democrats for not being the ally to organized labor they once were, their must be a recognition of how utterly hostile republicans and Donald trump actually are to people who work for a living.

Discuss.......

Dude, one of my favorite shows ever.

71x9bzgiEgL._RI_.jpg

But I don't really want them to have any more easy content. We need unity, cohesion and for everything to be done by the book when it comes to maintaining our aircraft. Everything done on schedule and properly documented is the way to go, and good crews with good communication facilitate this.

Bad Trump. No donut for you.

Dude, one of my favorite shows ever.

71x9bzgiEgL._RI_.jpg

But I don't really want them to have any more easy content. We need unity, cohesion and for everything to be done by the book when it comes to maintaining our aircraft. Everything done on schedule and properly documented is the way to go, and good crews with good communication facilitate this.

Bad Trump. No donut for you.

Let's see how I can say this. You remember when that 747 on its way to Hawaii blew out part of its fuselage at 30,000 feet and landed?

Well 747's were greatly over engineered with multiple redundancies built in. 777's were massively over engineered.

What do you think would happen if a carbon fiber fuselage loses pressure at 30,000 feet?

How do you think a 787, or 737max, or 777x will fair?

Where I live, a average USED middle class Home is give or take 150k (lates 70’s early 80’s).

You arn’t middle class TS.

It is 240k here, so adjust for cost of living. I make 50-60k where you live.

Isn't it funny how the same lumber, concrete, glass, and land changes value so drastically by location?

Last edited:
No the opposite. I don't cuck myself to my employer, and actually understand that capitalism is about leverage, which is why every worker who joins a union is a smart capitalist, and those that dont, are very dumb capitalists.
Corporate Cucks are rampant these days.

Just look at the UFC boards....Lots of them are against fighters unionizing and standing up for themselves just because they are "pro capitalist", even tho a smart capitalist would want the most leverage.

I agree with what you say....deals are deals and nobody should be above the law...but when it's corporations, the corporate cucks make excuses after excuses....It's sad really.

You're wishing death upon your fellow human being over a disagreement about unionism.

It's safe to say you've taken political discourse to an unhealthy level.

You need to take a break from posting ideas in the public square, and seek therapy.
Edited.

Hey @Farmer Br0wn , you are always saying that a righ5 is just a “necessary condition to a proper life,” right?

That would make food a right, correct?

I don't limit the environment to carbon. In fact I believe heavy metals are by far the more immediate concern.
That's interesting. How do you figure? Are you referring to the ecological cost of open pit mines?

Lol, I make 80k a year without OT. 110k a year if I want to work OT.

My hard work, is rewarded by 30k extra a year.

Can you say the same?

That’s not a reward. You’re working more, so you get paid more.

Rewarding hard work would be you getting a bonus without working any extra hours.

I get an actual reward, you just work more like a sucka.

It isn't about having work, which btw was used to extort our pensions from us, by threat of removing jobs, which is actually illegal.

Are we a nation of laws?

Do regulations actually apply to corporate America?

Is a collective bargaining agreement a binding contract?

Or are you OK with campaign donations, and lobbying creating platinum citizens?
I'm right wing and hood stock in Boeing. That said the rule of law should stand and be followed. Less regulation is good, but thst design mean ignoring laws and rules.
Same to be said with Wells Fargo . They should be punished for their misdoings

Good for you

It seems like Boeing could still lower the labor cost to increase yield on my stock dividend.

I'm sure Boeing pays a small pool of managers as much as they pay their union workers.

Maybe you should suggest they cut pay and those huge bonuses for that group at the next stockholders meeting and see what the reaction is.

There's a divide between union workers and non-union workers. We all know unions guys often get pensions while others do not. No one will care about these grievances just as you don't care about anyone else's.

It's just the way it is in the US.

There has been a real cost to me, for trump being elected president. Not surprisingly, his appointment to the National Labor Relations Board(NLRB, the governing body of arbitration for organized labor), and Trumps relationship with my employer, has allowed my employer to subvert the rule of law, and be in violation of our collective bargaining agreement.

My union currently has 4 times the average amount of grievances waiting for arbitration, than is normal. The NLRB is intentionally dragging its feet in ruling on my unions grievences, in a quid pro quo deal with the Boeing corporation.

The effects to my daily life at work are significant. The employers are under-manning the work areas and putting pressure on people to get the job done by any means neccassary, which includes violating FAA regulations. The supervisors have plausible deniability because they aren't instructing you to violate FAA regulation, they are just harassing you to complete a work load you have not been given the proper resources to achieve, and be in compliance with rather important regulations.

Recently a mechanic crew in a shop, worked together to re-institute practices that were in compliance with procedures, and regulation. Their reward to doing the right thing? The whole crew was shipped out to different shops, to break up their group.

As much as I get mad at democrats for not being the ally to organized labor they once were, their must be a recognition of how utterly hostile republicans and Donald trump actually are to people who work for a living.

Discuss.......

No, the International Association of Machinists, local 751.

He has specifically appointed a head of the NLRB that has driven arbitration settlement to a grinding halt, making resolution to contract violations by the company near impossible.

I doubt this is pointed at my local. My guess is this is aimed at all arbitration by the NLRB.

I would be curious to hear what other union members are experiencing in their union with arbitration though.

Don't have a clue about current arbitration, but if you're going that far into the process then it always takes a long time.

Our grievance process has a 3/4 step process. If you're going to an arbitrator then you're usually already 3-4 months into the process.

We also have a ready list of arbitrators agreed upon by the company and union to pick from.

Btw- are the machinist that powerful politically? I mean UAW, USW (mine), Teamsters, AFL-CIO, SEIU, NEA... I don't really hear a lot of news about IAM.

Recently a mechanic crew in a shop, worked together to re-institute practices that were in compliance with procedures, and regulation. Their reward to doing the right thing? The whole crew was shipped out to different shops, to break up their group.

Discuss.......

Dude, you just now realized Republicans are anti Union?

HATE UNIONS

Good for Trump

Discuss.......

Because as deep as my unions pockets are, it is throwing rocks at a tank against the chamber of commerce owned RNC.

As far as the Clintons and Obama being luke warm with labor, that is true. What is also true, is that losing the arbitration process, de-fangs a union, and could result in a busted union. The choice is luke warm, or possible suicide. The NLRB means everything to unions functioning as a shield of fair treatment for their members, and delivering the value that justifies my union dues.

FTR- you have 1 more option at your disposal if the company is truly breaking it's contract. Not a popular choice, but it's always an option.

Really?

Because my non-union counter parts in South carolina are making far less than I am, and have no recourse for harassment.

In fact my union played a major roll with democrats in my state to pass a law that requires 1 hour of paid sick leave be given for every 40 hours worked. I just got 6 more days of paid sick leave a year.

Sounds nice, but how does that sick week work out for the company? How do they manage the fact that Joe is going to take a paid week off "sick" during hunting season. Or sally is taking Thurs and Fri off "sick" to spend a w/e in Vegas with her girls?

Years ago I had salary continuation - we called in sick for the rotation (2 or 3 days - 12hr shifts) and got paid the same as if we worked. After people started abusing the benefit the company had to do away with it.

Discuss.......

lol

Translation: we're no longer allowed to take our sweet ass time to do shit, or have 5 of us stand around watching 1 guy work when we could all be doing something productive, deadlines now matter.

lmao

Corporate Cucks are rampant these days.

Just look at the UFC boards....Lots of them are against fighters unionizing and standing up for themselves just because they are "pro capitalist", even tho a smart capitalist would want the most leverage.

I agree with what you say....deals are deals and nobody should be above the law...but when it's corporations, the corporate cucks make excuses after excuses....It's sad really.

Yes, it's pretty weird how many workers you see promoting anti-worker rights agendas. Perhaps these people should volunteer to work 10 hour days, 6 days a week for the same pay they have now. After all the conservatives and corporate interests brought the same doomsday prophecies when the 8 hour work day and 5 day work week were suggestions.

NLRB Board Members

Entered office Term expires
Mark Gaston Pearce (D) April 7, 2010[105] August 27, 2018

Lauren McFerran (D) December 17, 2014 December 16, 2019

William Emanuel (R) September 28, 2017 August 27, 2021

Marvin Kaplan (R) August 10, 2017 [106] August 27, 2020

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back