How Donald Trump screws my union over everyday

Sounds nice, but how does that sick week work out for the company? How do they manage the fact that Joe is going to take a paid week off "sick" during hunting season. Or sally is taking Thurs and Fri off "sick" to spend a w/e in Vegas with her girls?

Years ago I had salary continuation - we called in sick for the rotation (2 or 3 days - 12hr shifts) and got paid the same as if we worked. After people started abusing the benefit the company had to do away with it.

It's the Boeing corp. They shit gold bricks, I wouldn't worry too much about them.

As to a smaller business, that is a concern, but the fact that the vast majority of jobs come with zero paid sick leave, is a even bigger problem.

Trump has cheated his contractors his entire career, yet somehow inspires loyalty from the working class, never understand it.

Easy.

It's not his policy they like, it's his attitude. Does he tell people that I don't like to fuck off? Is he crass and vulgar in public the way I wish I could be? Great, it's well worth it then.

In my experience, unionism tends to subsidize the inefficient at the cost of the efficient.

Funny how that works when you apply it to labor, but this concept suddenly disappears when people bring up monopolies, capital leverage, and libertarian ideals.

A teamster here and our local is practically a joke but it was similarly a joke before Trump. My experience trying to hold the union and company accountable via the NLRB was never positive. However, I understand your concern. It is not okay for a company to violate contracts with collective bargaining if government oversight was biased in favor of a corporation.

Why is your union having trouble pushing grievances through the appropriate panel? I sense nothing different so maybe it is a local union issue you're experiencing.

Last edited:
It's the Boeing corp. They shit gold bricks, I wouldn't worry too much about them.

As to a smaller business, that is a concern, but the fact that the vast majority of jobs come with zero paid sick leave, is a even bigger problem.

I wasn't suggesting that it would break Beoing - as it certainly didn't break my company financially and we're only in the top 300 of the fortune 500.

I was thinking more along the lines of production planning. Maybe you guys run more similar to UAW, but we run lean manufacturing (at least on the production side) - we don't have a lot of extra bodies to float to empty work station.

Funny how that works when you apply it to labor, but this concept suddenly disappears when people bring up monopolies, capital leverage, and libertarian ideals.

You forgot farm subsidies. Just sayin...

You're a pussy?
What a dumb fucking tweet.

"I'm not a pussy missa boss man no sir!! Have my pension missa boss man. Please missa boss man fuck my wife! The corporation is my god missa boss. Me never want no bad thing to happen to da corporation no sir!"

And that’s why I’m a free agent I don’t need a union to get benefits and a good job.
It seems like the union you work for is not doing their job to fight and protect you

I feel like my union fucks me more than helps me but I live in a small area too.

Fuck unions and their over privileged cry babies.

We call you a sub-human scab, fyi.

I think people who reflexively say "Fuck unions!!" or shit like that have never actually been in one, don't know what they do, and have simply watched too many mob movies with teamsters in them.

It's quite ironic for a Trump fan, considering he spent most of his prime years working with corrupt Gambino union men....

Never had a good experience with unions, having been on both sides of the fence. The infighting that I witnessed when I was working as a unionized warehouse worker made office politics on management side seem like a civilized debate between gentlemen. I am of the belief that if your work performance is spectacular, you have little use for a union for job security. You will be more than capable of climbing the corporate ladder or finding a better position elsewhere. I'm not talking about just being good. Being good means you won't get fired for poor performance. You need to excel at what you do, and know when to keep your mouth shut.

I agree with some of this.

I started as a temp here nearly 6 years ago, now I make nearly 2x what everyone else makes and spend my day shit posting on sherdog because I'm that much better than everyone else.

I will probably get anothe raise and promotion within 1-2 years.

Back