How famous would Patrice O'neal be if he hadnt died

I heard near the end he felt bad for just how shitty he treated most people. It's super interesting to study the Comedy Cellar years with Patrice, Burr, Bobby, Louis and everybody in contrast to the Comedy Store years. Really the wild west back then.

I think he would be huge right now honestly with the way comedy has blown up. Let's not pretend that the SJWs are completely winning, Nortons last stand up special was his best yet, Jeselnik, Jefferies, Segura, Tosh, so on so forth are all crushing it right now.

Elephant in the Room was an incredible special. "Isn't that better?"
You're literally naming my all-stars right now. Burr is my king. Fancy that. The comics who don't give a shit about oppressive invisible political guidelines are the funniest.

He stopped wanting to be accepted by the mainstream entertainment business, so I'm not sure if he'd ever give in unless he knew he had 100% control. I'm sure he'd have a character on Burr's animated show though.
Most networks (cable, premium or otherwise) would be too cowardly to give him a show and would balk when he didn't play ball and cancel him. He worked on Tough Crowd back in the day, but that show's regulars were almost all guys that weren't politically correct and were not typical Hollywood types in their political or societal views, just look at Nick DiPaolo who was one of the regulars. Funny thing was that Kevin Hart was a regular on the show and later blew up (Burr was on it often as well), Hart and Keith Robinson were the only regulars that would side with the typical media driven left stance (well Judy Gold was on the show quite a bit too and would do so as well, she was a second tier regular though), the others would usually be tougher to pin down and their social and economic views would have left and right stances. That show would never happen on Comedy Central these days.

You're literally naming my all-stars right now. Burr is my king. Fancy that. The comics who don't give a shit about oppressive invisible political guidelines are the funniest.
Burr married Nia and continues to do the annual Patrice benefit event so he can make black jokes.

<seedat>

I heard near the end he felt bad for just how shitty he treated most people. It's super interesting to study the Comedy Cellar years with Patrice, Burr, Bobby, Louis and everybody in contrast to the Comedy Store years. Really the wild west back then.

I think he would be huge right now honestly with the way comedy has blown up. Let's not pretend that the SJWs are completely winning, Nortons last stand up special was his best yet, Jeselnik, Jefferies, Segura, Tosh, so on so forth are all crushing it right now.

Elephant in the Room was an incredible special. "Isn't that better?"
You knows what's up, dude. Agree with everything.

I ain't heard a lot of his stuff but in what I heard he was a cunt to people or at least projected that image. I don't think that's mainstream, it's more a comics comic kinda thing.

Back