How fast of an internet connection do you need for streaming tv?

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I cut the cord recently and it's been great. Tried everything and went with PSVue. I had 100Mbps internet. Started noticing during football (NFL and College live games) it started to lag bad. Only during the actual games not commercials. I checked with my internet provider and they downgraded me to 15Mbps. I can upgrade to 100 for a year for 5 dollars a month. Will this solve the problem?

It's probably PSVue, but you should upgrade anyhow. I tried PSVue like two years and it sucked balls.

It's probably PSVue, but you should upgrade anyhow. I tried PSVue like two years and it sucked balls.
It's not perfect but it was much better than hulu, sling, and our cable company. I'm pretty happy with it.

It's not perfect but it was much better than hulu, sling, and our cable company. I'm pretty happy with it.

All the others, including cable, lag worse?

All the others, including cable, lag worse?
Sling lagged, Hulu no so much but just didn't like it. Cable't didnt lag but it would just go out completely about once a week. It would update every night for about twenty minutes at 3am. I get home from work at 1am so this was super annoying. They cut my cable off once instead of my neighbors accidentally and took a week to fix it. I was paying $240 a month for that crap. Now internet is $60 plus $50 for psvue.

I have 100mbs internet and psvue in a very large house with no problems. Our cable provider installed whole home WiFi for no dead spots though.

We have 5+ devices going at once at all times with no slow down, it has to be a internet issue not a psvue issue.

Pm me for more details.

I have 100mbs internet and psvue in a very large house with no problems. Our cable provider installed whole home WiFi for no dead spots though.

We have 5+ devices going at once at all times with no slow down, it has to be a internet issue not a psvue issue.

Pm me for more details.
Any issues watching football? It's literally only football that has issues, college and NFL

Directvnow

Got an offer for 3 months $10 a month then i added HBO for $5.

Next month my bill will be $45 but i get every channel i need.
There was something about DirectvNow that my gf didn't like. I can't remember what it was but that was the one we didn't try

There was something about DirectvNow that my gf didn't like. I can't remember what it was but that was the one we didn't try

Always works perfect for me when i use it. Use the free trial and see what you think.

Always works perfect for me when i use it. Use the free trial and see what you think.
PS Vue has been great for me so far. I might try that at the end of the month though. My damn smart TV went out so I can't stream from my phone anymore though. I used to stream F1 through my phone and the espn because my cable would update in the middle of it

PS Vue has been great for me so far. I might try that at the end of the month though. My damn smart TV went out so I can't stream from my phone anymore though. I used to stream F1 through my phone and the espn because my cable would update in the middle of it

<Fedor23>

What didn't you like about it?

It sucked. I had a fast internet connection... Youtube streamed 4k no problem, Netflix streamed 4k no problem, but Vue would always buffer, lag, and be less than HD.

It sucked. I had a fast internet connection... Youtube streamed 4k no problem, Netflix streamed 4k no problem, but Vue would always buffer, lag, and be less than HD.
Hmmm... The only.issue I've had is football. Watching F1 qualifying now and it looks great.

Back