How good is Anthony Joshua?

Manassamaulerx

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
The fight with Klitch was great but he is 41 and was likely ahead on the scorecards before the 11th round ko. I don't know if he beats a 32 year old Klitch, but he is likely still getting better himself. Who can he fight to even test him with the Klitchs gone? Is he just going to be a can destroyer (which Wlad was much of his career)?

hmmm, tbh we wont know because he just happens to live in a time when the heavyweight division isnt doing too well

its always sad when potentially great fighters dont have other great fighters to go against

that said vitali would hand joshuas arse to him in his prime

Joshua is 7th all-time on my list of great HWs. But I can see him being fairly ranked anywhere between 6th and 8th, depending on how highly one rated Gary Cornish.

With that powerful back, I don't think any one in boxing history could beat him. He also has a cheeky accent.

The fight with Klitch was great but he is 41 and was likely ahead on the scorecards before the 11th round ko. I don't know if he beats a 32 year old Klitch, but he is likely still getting better himself. Who can he fight to even test him with the Klitchs gone? Is he just going to be a can destroyer (which Wlad was much of his career)?

No. They were neck and neck on the score cards before he won by TKO

What's with all the abbreviations? First Nelo, now Klitsch.

Yea, I think the only heavyweights in history who could beat Oshua are probably Ocky Arciano and Dick Bowe.

What's with all the abbreviations? First Nelo, now Klitsch.

Yea, I think the only heavyweights in history who could beat Oshua are probably Ocky Arciano and Dick Bowe.

What? Lennox Lewis would beat him.

he's the best right now.

Captian obvious!

hmmm, tbh we wont know because he just happens to live in a time when the heavyweight division isnt doing too well

its always sad when potentially great fighters dont have other great fighters to go against

that said vitali would hand joshuas arse to him in his prime

It is sad because he would be a good fighter any time period but how good we might not know.

Joshua is 7th all-time on my list of great HWs. But I can see him being fairly ranked anywhere between 6th and 8th, depending on how highly one rated Gary Cornish.

Seems early to say that to me, but who do you have ahead of him?

With that powerful back, I don't think any one in boxing history could beat him. He also has a cheeky accent.

Huh?

No. They were neck and neck on the score cards before he won by TKO

Yes they were, with Klitch having the edge if I'm not mistaken.

Captian obvious!

It is sad because he would be a good fighter any time period but how good we might not know.

Huh?

Yes they were, with Klitch having the edge if I'm not mistaken.

No, they were pretty inseparable. Could not have been more close.

You grow up in a house with lead pipes and paint, boy? Everyone knows that punching power, comes from the back muscles. That's why hitting a tired with a sledge hammer is the most perfect exercise for a boxer, even more so than hitting the heavy bag.

You grow up in a house with lead pipes and paint, boy? Everyone knows that punching power, comes from the back muscles. That's why hitting a tired with a sledge hammer is the most perfect exercise for a boxer, even more so than hitting the heavy bag.

There are a lot of muscle groups involved, but go ahead and over simplify it if it helps your simpleton head muscle to cope with the complexities of life.

He would destroy any heavyweight from any era.

End of thread. You’re welcome.

I think we need to rank fighters right away, before we forget about their fights and knock-outs.

My list as of today.

1. Iron Mike Tyson
2. Mohammed Ali
3. George Foreman
4. Rocky Marciano
5. Real Deal Holyfield
6. Lennox Lewis (could be switched with #7)
7. Anthony Joshua
8. Joe Louis (could be switched with #7)

No one else that is active right now deserves to be ranked in the top 10 IMO. Of course, if Wilder defends his title a few more times, he will definitely be there.

You know as well as anyone that punching power comes from having huge balls that anchor you to the ground, but aren't quite so big that you can't shift effectively. It's all about balls and shifting.

There are a lot of muscle groups involved, but go ahead and over simplify it if it helps your simpleton head muscle to cope with the complexities of life.

If you think about it, there is a fairly ideal ball size for any body weight. As one shifts, you want the inertia provided by the swinging and swaying of the balls to provide an extra "shift" in power. One must become the storm, not be off shifted by it. Cup size plays a BIG factor in this. I prefer Mexican, Reye cups, because it allows more ball shifting.

To answer the question, Joshua is good and only getting better. Even with that layoff, his advanced age and points loss to Fury, Wlad was a huge step up in competition for Joshua.

Not good enough to beat Deontay Wilder. Even says so himself on video.

Back