How good would Royce Garcia be today?

TS seems to be asking how early Royce (not one trained in 2018 MMA skills) would do against current fighters.

I get that. I don't think he'd do very well, considering how it's evolved. I just took a roundabout way of saying it, I guess.

Wouldn't have a chance to even be top 15 in a division, Royce was king of the stone age of MMA.

Imagine a wrestler like lesnar able to grab your fucking GI? It would be fucking over in a smothering like no other. Yes it can be used as a weapon aswell but it would have been the reason for an mma death. A gi is a liability at high level mma

Yep, and sticking to Royce's weight class, fighters like Usman, Khabib or Colby would also redefine the term "ragdoll" if Royce wore a gi. So would GSP and Hughes...one reason Royce didn't wear a gi when he returned to the UFC.

Yeah, but he'd taken very little damage--certainly a ton less than Shamrock, Frye and others of his generation by 2006. A 30-year old Royce wouldn't have fared any better.
Irrelevant.

I suggest ya rewatch the difference between Hoyce in the Hughes,SAKU G., and Kimo fights.

If he was skilled the same as he was, and got transported into 2018, not very good..

A little better than this guy....

sn_g_punk01jr_576x874.jpg

Look at the simmering heat in his eyes. A man ready for war.

Says the creep who's responded to me like 5 times in the last 30 minutes. Get a life! The fact you're grandstanding so much and taking this personally is very revealing, though.
Poor ´tard, I no longer quote ya unless ya call me out, havent u noticed? Why lose my time with a clueless bum?

I could expose ya whenever I want, heck I could do it now in the Chuck/Ken thread.lmao

Yep, and sticking to Royce's weight class, fighters like Usman, Khabib or Colby would also redefine the term "ragdoll" if Royce wore a gi. So would GSP and Hughes...one reason Royce didn't wear a gi when he returned to the UFC.

One reason....? He didn't wear a gi because the unified rules don't permit them in MMA. There need be no additional reasons.

Back