How hard are the Soulsborne games?

They’re hard. You’re going to die. You need to die and learn from your mistakes. Conquering bosses is so rewarding though.

I remember my disbelief when I died in Bloodborne and all of the enemies came back. Was my first Soulsborne game and I haven’t looked back since. They’re hard but you eventually get good gear and they become much more manageable

They're quite difficult. Bought Dark Souls 3 ages ago but only committed to playing it over the last week or so and have broken two controllers already.

It's my first Souls game, but i'm slowly getting better. Can take down the Lothric Knights a lot easier now than i could a few days ago.
My dude

I wanna say 6 or so. The poison kept fucking me over. I just had to stock up on antidotes to be safe.
That's really good. You probably noticed he has three different phases and the poison becomes stronger in each. That's a pattern you'll see with a lot of the bosses in BB. They have 2-3 phases and the fights get progressively harder.

Like a lot of games the souls games are hard when you still are immersed in the game as a new player. Once you stop being afraid of dying you can grind carefully and beat them in a boring manner, but that first playthrough with danger around every corner is very fun.

This game is hard af. Have you played dark souls 3? This is my first game in the soulsborne series and im loving it. Might get ds3 next. Its only $20 on ps plus
It's my favourite series so I've played all of them. Definitely get DS3 if you like BB. The two games are similar but have slightly different mechanics.

There is a remaster of Dark Souls 1 being released in May and I'm sure we'll have a big thread on it here. That should be fun so keep an eye open for it.

yeah I heard DS1 is the best. might get it on the switch
I love DS1 so hoping the remaster is just as good. It's in the new engine (same one that BB and DS3 uses) so it should be fun to see what changes and what stays true to the original.

Vastly overrated in their difficulty but still challenging and require the player to pay attention at all times, something most modern single player games don't do anymore. Demon's Souls, and to a lesser extent Dark Souls, are the only really obtuse ones with mechanics that can be frustrating for first time players (upgrades, different stat meanings, world tendencies etc.)

Your best friend when playing these games as a new player is the community. Nearly everyone who's played these games is more than willing to give tips and hints to newcomers. The Dark Souls remaster is going to be bananas with old and new players joining together. In a perfect world, we'd have crossplay with all platforms.

One of the biggest tips I can think of right now is learn your weapon's reach, the combo patterns (doubly so for Bloodborne and Dark Souls III) and how much stamina you consume with one or multiple swings. No shame in farming the first few areas to get used to the controls and managing multiple enemies.

Once you git gud they get considerably easier, but when you're still a scrublord idiot they are incredibly difficult with a near vertical learning curve.

I can't get into DS2 because the keyboard mapping and camera are garbage on the PC.

DS3 and Bloodborne were fantastic though.

They are not really difficult, they are a challenge - yes. But most people don't like persistence, or perseverance. So they fail a lot and don't try to problem solve. Will you die a lot? sure, especially if it is your first experience with it. But it is not as bad as a lot of people say it is.

PVP is quite fun, though.

On the 4th boss vicar amelia. Idk why im having a hard tine with her. Shes supposed to be one of the easier bosses and im struggling with her more than i did blood starved beast
Don't believe the hype. She's harder than BSB.

If I can beat these games, anyone can. They are challenging, especially on your first play through. And some parts of these games can be brutally unforgiving. But they're not impossible. I think the hardest fight for me on a first run was Ornstein & Smough, from Dark Souls.

Demon's Souls is pretty fucking hard, actually.

Just started playing Bloodborne again after about 2 years. I feel like a first time player, Cleric Beast just kicked my ass.

<1>

They are really hard when you are new. I've beaten every one of them. So by the time I got to Dark Souls 3 it was actually pretty easy. It's all about observing your surroundings, taking it slow, and learning from your mistakes.

Don't believe the hype. She's harder than BSB.
I'm weird, i guess. Many bosses who others have a hard time with, i found easier. Vicar went down on second try. BSB got me at least 5. Maybe 7 or 8. Same with DK3. for some reason, the "easier" bosses gave me a devil of a time.

If I can beat these games, anyone can. They are challenging, especially on your first play through. And some parts of these games can be brutally unforgiving. But they're not impossible. I think the hardest fight for me on a first run was Ornstein & Smough, from Dark Souls.

Demon's Souls is pretty fucking hard, actually.

I think they're all pretty fuckin' hard, but the difference between games like DS and say Ninja Gaiden, is that there isn't a required skill level to conquer it. More patience, than actual skill. I think anyone can beat the Souls games. Whether it's by using guides, or tricks to cheat the game, or just grinding the fuck out of it until you're practically invincible, it can be done.

I don't think just anyone can beat a game like Ninja Gaiden, with all the patience, tips and tricks in the world. You either got it, or you don't, with games like that.

I'm weird, i guess. Many bosses who others have a hard time with, i found easier. Vicar went down on second try. BSB got me at least 5. Maybe 7 or 8. Same with DK3. for some reason, the "easier" bosses gave me a devil of a time.
I know what you mean. Sometimes I roll through new bosses quickly but more often than not I tend to suck on my first playthroughs. Haha

Back