How hard are the Soulsborne games?

I'm weird, i guess. Many bosses who others have a hard time with, i found easier. Vicar went down on second try. BSB got me at least 5. Maybe 7 or 8. Same with DK3. for some reason, the "easier" bosses gave me a devil of a time.

I think everyone will struggle with with different bosses to varying degrees. For me, I found Bloodstarved Beast one of the hardest bosses in Bloodborne. For Dark Souls 3, I struggled a lot with Aldrich but beat Soul of Cinder with relative ease. I beat him solo - most bosses in this series I need help from either another player or an NPC summon.

I think they're all pretty fuckin' hard, but the difference between games like DS and say Ninja Gaiden, is that there isn't a required skill level to conquer it. More patience, than actual skill. I think anyone can beat the Souls games. Whether it's by using guides, or tricks to cheat the game, or just grinding the fuck out of it until you're practically invincible, it can be done.

I don't think just anyone can beat a game like Ninja Gaiden, with all the patience, tips and tricks in the world. You either got it, or you don't, with games like that.

Interesting take on it. I personally feel that the Soulsborne games are harder than the Ninja Gaiden games. I don’t know, maybe I’ve gotten worse with games as I’ve gotten older, but the fact that I beat Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden II, where you’re forced to play alone, but I dont know that I have it in me to beat the Soulsborne series solo is why I say that.

I think everyone will struggle with with different bosses to varying degrees. For me, I found Bloodstarved Beast one of the hardest bosses in Bloodborne. For Dark Souls 3, I struggled a lot with Aldrich but beat Soul of Cinder with relative ease. I beat him solo - most bosses in this series I need help from either another player or an NPC summon.

Interesting take on it. I personally feel that the Soulsborne games are harder than the Ninja Gaiden games. I don’t know, maybe I’ve gotten worse with games as I’ve gotten older, but the fact that I beat Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden II, where you’re forced to play alone, but I dont know that I have it in me to beat the Soulsborne series solo is why I say that.
For sure. Aldrich i dropped first time. Didnt get the hype. Then found out that crystal sage is easy to everyone, and it caused me much pain. Pontiff Sulavayn was the real bitch for me. Outside of nameless king. Shit made me rage.

For sure. Aldrich i dropped first time. Didnt get the hype. Then found out that crystal sage is easy to everyone, and it caused me much pain. Pontiff Sulavayn was the real bitch for me. Outside of nameless king. Shit made me rage.

Aldrich was kicking my ass, even with summoned allies, while I beat Sage and Pontiff each on the first try.

<Fedor23>

NG was just a twitch reflex game I chose at random.

I think those types of games require more actual skill, than something like DS, which at the end of the day, you can grind your way to success. It also has special sets of weapons and armor which makes the experience a lot easier. Now, if you do those games "depraved" the whole way through, that's another story. I just think DS's difficulty has scales to it(easier if you do this, harder if you do that), whereas certain other games like NG, pretty much have to be beaten the same way by everyone. There's nothing too special in how the game builds up you abilities, that's going to aid you too much.

I'm looking at it from an average gamer's standpoint too. Obviously, when you get to the hardcore crowd, there are certain things that can help you with most any game. Blank slate though, I think DS is a bit more forgiving and robust, in how it dishes out death to the average player.

NG was just a twitch reflex game I chose at random.

I think those types of games require more actual skill, than something like DS, which at the end of the day, you can grind your way to success. It also has special sets of weapons and armor which makes the experience a lot easier. Now, if you do those games "depraved" the whole way through, that's another story. I just think DS's difficulty has scales to it(easier if you do this, harder if you do that), whereas certain other games like NG, pretty much have to be beaten the same way by everyone. There's nothing too special in how the game builds up you abilities, that's going to aid you too much.

I'm looking at it from an average gamer's standpoint too. Obviously, when you get to the hardcore crowd, there are certain things that can help you with most any game. Blank slate though, I think DS is a bit more forgiving and robust, in how it dishes out death to the average player.

It’s hard to say. One of these days I’ll have to attempt a play through of the series without any summons to see how I fair.

Back