How have you avoided confrontations while keeping your dignity

Steven_Universe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
When you were younger or out at bars or clubs or house parties.

Sometimes there are those goons that look to pick fights out of sexual frustration or just looking for weaker guys to pick on in order to feel better about themselves.

Clearly you don’t want to be getting into fist fights with Random’s and possibly stabbed or jumped and beaten half to death.

I met a guy at my bank who was hit over the head with a brick from behind when facing one opponent and now drools out of the side of his mouth now for the rest of his life.

When I saw that I realized I am so damn happy I will never ever be in a street fight.

Crying for my mommy and shitting myself.
These are my 2 go to moves.
Works every time.

Last edited:
Street fighting is so fucking stupid for the reason you mentioned. A guy I know told me he got sucker punched while trying to push away a guy who was trying to start shit with his friends. He raised his fists up to fight and then found himself being ganged up on by three other guys.

If a guy tries to fight me I try to be overly nice or silly to confuse him. Usually I don't engage at all and just ignore people. I also don't get involved when I see other people fighting because I realized that's when you're vulnerable to getting sucker punched or glassed from behind.

My 'goto' for issues that deserve my attention is as follows

1.Walk away from the situation that made me angry without showing emotion
2. Later, approach the person individually and quietly pull them aside.
3. "Do you remember what you said to me infront of a few people the other day?"
4. Say something along lines of: "well here I am now, if you'd like to try and fucking disrespect me when noone is around... and it is us 1 on 1 now is the real time to do it"

Either results in a short fight or MOST of the time they shit themselves (I am not an intimidating looking person, taking someone out of their comfort zone seems to have great effects).

THis is the difference between a 23 year old and a 55 year old man.

If you call a 23 year old GF a bitch hell wanna fight you. If you call a 55 year old mans wife a bitch hell prob just agree with you

Never underestimate the confrontational power of taking out your dong. People get way less eager to fight when you're looking them in the eye jacking a fully erect boner.

just got to learn when to hold em and when to fold em.
plus losing face is not that big of a deal if you are facing some serious life altering consequences.
i would much rather run away and have some future fry cook think I'm a bitch then have drool coming out of the side of my mouth for the rest of my life just because i was too wrapped up in some bullshit.

I don't care what the odds are, I don't back down.

The first few times it resulted in me being severely beaten, but now that I'm in a wheelchair people will back off when I get aggressive cuz they know I ain't no bitch.

step one is to not take anything seriously

When you are able to laugh and walk away, you win

My 'goto' for issues that deserve my attention is as follows

1.Walk away from the situation that made me angry without showing emotion
2. Later, approach the person individually and quietly pull them aside.
3. "Do you remember what you said to me infront of a few people the other day?"
4. Say something along lines of: "well here I am now, if you'd like to try and fucking disrespect me when noone is around... and it is us 1 on 1 now is the real time to do it"

Either results in a short fight or MOST of the time they shit themselves (I am not an intimidating looking person, taking someone out of their comfort zone seems to have great effects).
Yeah I am no tough guy, but I decided in my late teens I'd rather get my ass beat then let another man disrespect me to my face.

Fortunately enough I never have to fight. Responding to passive aggressive bullshit with let's go outside and settle this right now then, has been very effective for me.

Now if it's a group of guys I'd walk away, but it's been a long time since I was aloof enough to let myself get cornered by multiple hostile strangers.

Never be the one to start a fight, if someone picks a fight with you tell them you don't want to fight but DON'T back down if they are adamant. Losing a fight isn't the worst thing in the world, and you will feel better about standing up for yourself and losing rather than tucking your tail and running away.

There is no dignity in getting in legal trouble because some guy was talking shit.

You could destroy career opportunities or worse, be arrested and charged with felony crimes for fighting or beating people up.

Typically, I don’t hang out in places where this stuff would happen, if it did happen, I’d just leave, if I had to I’d run. I’m sure my wife would prefer for us to continue with our nice life the way it is rather than end up in the legal system, out of work and watching the savings drip away all because I had to act like a tough guy...no dignity in that.

Last edited:
Never be the one to start a fight, if someone picks a fight with you tell them you don't want to fight but DON'T back down if they are adamant. Losing a fight isn't the worst thing in the world, and you will feel better about standing up for yourself and losing rather than tucking your tail and running away.

Unless you are like 19 years old and have no life experience, this is some of the worst advice you could possibly give to a guy who has a kid, a career and a healthy relationship to think about.

Yeah I am no tough guy, but I decided in my late teens I'd rather get my ass beat then let another man disrespect me to my face.

Fortunately enough I never have to fight. Responding to passive aggressive bullshit with let's go outside and settle this right now then, has been very effective for me.

Now if it's a group of guys I'd walk away, but it's been a long time since I was aloof enough to let myself get cornered by multiple hostile strangers.

<GSPWoah>

Unless you are like 19 years old and have no life experience, this is some of the worst advice you could possibly give to a guy who has a kid, a career and a healthy relationship to think about.

Nah, I grew up in stl and had to fight a lot growing up. It's better to not be known as a bitch when living in a rough area, besides fighting someone one on one rarely leads to getting stabbed but of course it does happen.

Also I didn't see the OP mention anything about having kids, must have missed that part.

Nah, I grew up in stl and had to fight a lot growing up. It's better to not be known as a bitch when living in a rough area, besides fighting someone one on one rarely leads to getting stabbed but of course it does happen.

Also I didn't see the OP mention anything about having kids, must have missed that part.

He didn’t mention the kid in this thread, he has a young son that probably wouldn’t appreciate growing up without a father or growing up poor as fuck because is father got a felony charge for fighting and now can’t get a decent job.

He didn’t mention the kid in this thread, he has a young son that probably wouldn’t appreciate growing up without a father or growing up poor as fuck because is father got a felony charge for fighting and now can’t get a decent job.

Well that news changes everything. What else should I know, is he in a wheel chair also?

Also if you fight for self defense the chances that you will get a felony are extremely low.

Well that news changes everything. What else should I know, is he in a wheel chair also?

Also if you fight for self defense the chances that you will get a felony are extremely low.

There’s a difference between self defense and getting into a fight because somebody was “talking shit”. The question isn’t “what if I get jumped” it’s more based on encounters at parties and bars and stuff. Self defense isn’t going to fly when your drunk and the bar has footage of you banging with some dude in a bar.

There’s a difference between self defense and getting into a fight because somebody was “talking shit”. The question isn’t “what if I get jumped” it’s more based on encounters at parties and bars and stuff. Self defense isn’t going to fly when your drunk and the bar has footage of you banging with some dude in a bar.

Ahh, well if you read my post again I said don't start a fight. I also said tell them you don't want to fight, but if they are adamant about fighting ( starting to push you, or throws a punch ) then it will absolutely be self defense.

Back