"How I was hounded off campus for saying ‘women don’t have penises’"

Son of Jamin

Make MMA Great Again
@Silver
Reaction score
GettyImages-959533852-2.jpg

What harm can it do saying that women don’t have penises? Quite a lot, actually, if my experience is anything to go on. After sharing a statement with that message on Twitter, along with a screenshot from a Spectator article, the backlash was swift. Less than a month after sending that tweet, I had lost my position as president-elect of Humanist Students as well as my role as assistant editor of Durham University’s philosophy society’s undergraduate journal, Critique. I was also given the boot as co-editor-in-chief of Durham University’s online student magazine, the Bubble. All for saying something that many people would surely agree with.

The reaction against me was extreme, yet it was far from exceptional. On campus, the subject of gender is now off limits for those who fail to fall into line with the new orthodoxy: that being a man or a woman is fluid. Anyone who says otherwise is liable to find themselves hounded into silence.

It won’t come as much of a surprise that the National Union of Students is leading the charge on this front. Today, the NUS announced its response to the government’s consultation on changes to the Gender Recognition Act. Among the NUS’s more barmy proposals was calling for an end to ‘coercively assigning gender at birth’. Is it a boy? Is it a girl? In future, it seems we might have to wait to ask the child itself when it grows up.

At Durham university, as well as at other universities, it would be easy to think that the importance of never causing offence is all that matters. This remains the case even when upholding this focus gets in the way of facts, or the right of people to hold differing views on contentious subjects, such as gender. This is why my innocuous tweet resulted in such a fierce reaction. I was told that the reason for my firing from the student journal was because I had ‘belittled trans experiences’. The explanation for my removal as editor of Bubble was worse: my position at the magazine, I was told, required me to be impartial. Being impartial, however, requires having no views at all. At least when it comes to gender.

Worryingly, such views are not only confined to our universities, though. TERFs – a slur used by activists against ‘trans-exclusionary radical feminists’ – who resist the idea of self identification of gender, are hounded off Twitter and routinely targeted online, and in person. The government is also hardly helping matters here by refusing to accept there is even a debate to be had on this subject. When the equalities minister Penny Mordaunt announced the government’s consultation on gender, she said the starting point is that ‘Trans women are women’. But what about those who don’t agree with that statement? In my case, I have found out the hard way: for those who fail to adhere to the new orthodoxy on transgenderism, the punishment is swift.

Angelos Sofocleous is a philosophy student at Durham university

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/...ff-campus-for-saying-women-dont-have-penises/

penis-vagina-gif.gif
Hopefully this kid was banned forever from Hollywood for expressing such belittlement towards those with trans experiences.

Strange world we are living in...

Last edited:
this is why western society is garbage and corrupt. the mullahs were right.

What harm can it do saying that women don’t have penises? Quite a lot, actually, if my experience is anything to go on. After sharing a statement with that message on Twitter, along with a screenshot from a Spectator article, the backlash was swift. Less than a month after sending that tweet, I had lost my position as president-elect of Humanist Students as well as my role as assistant editor of Durham University’s philosophy society’s undergraduate journal, Critique. I was also given the boot as co-editor-in-chief of Durham University’s online student magazine, the Bubble. All for saying something that many people would surely agree with.

The reaction against me was extreme, yet it was far from exceptional. On campus, the subject of gender is now off limits for those who fail to fall into line with the new orthodoxy: that being a man or a woman is fluid. Anyone who says otherwise is liable to find themselves hounded into silence.

It won’t come as much of a surprise that the National Union of Students is leading the charge on this front. Today, the NUS announced its response to the government’s consultation on changes to the Gender Recognition Act. Among the NUS’s more barmy proposals was calling for an end to ‘coercively assigning gender at birth’. Is it a boy? Is it a girl? In future, it seems we might have to wait to ask the child itself when it grows up.

At Durham university, as well as at other universities, it would be easy to think that the importance of never causing offence is all that matters. This remains the case even when upholding this focus gets in the way of facts, or the right of people to hold differing views on contentious subjects, such as gender. This is why my innocuous tweet resulted in such a fierce reaction. I was told that the reason for my firing from the student journal was because I had ‘belittled trans experiences’. The explanation for my removal as editor of Bubble was worse: my position at the magazine, I was told, required me to be impartial. Being impartial, however, requires having no views at all. At least when it comes to gender.

Worryingly, such views are not only confined to our universities, though. TERFs – a slur used by activists against ‘trans-exclusionary radical feminists’ – who resist the idea of self identification of gender, are hounded off Twitter and routinely targeted online, and in person. The government is also hardly helping matters here by refusing to accept there is even a debate to be had on this subject. When the equalities minister Penny Mordaunt announced the government’s consultation on gender, she said the starting point is that ‘Trans women are women’. But what about those who don’t agree with that statement? In my case, I have found out the hard way: for those who fail to adhere to the new orthodoxy on transgenderism, the punishment is swift.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/...ff-campus-for-saying-women-dont-have-penises/

penis-vagina-gif.gif
Hopefully this kid was banned forever from Hollywood for expressing such belittlement towards those with trans experiences.

Not a strange world. A purposefully engineered one. This sort of fundamental change in societal think and standards doesn't just happen organically.

I'm sorry that happened to you. I would try to sue for discrimination.. Although that's an uphill struggle, because political ideology is not protected yet. You need to find examples of others not like you (are you white male?) Who have said politically charged things, and not been fired.

You are of course correct. Women do not have penises. Parents raising kids don't teach this crap, and most of the kids at my kids middle and high school would agree with you.

Do your best to find something somebody else said on social media from your school without repercussions. If they are different than you, you may have a case.

Yeah, um. What the hell does being lesbian, gay or bisexual fundamentally have to do with gender identity and people mentally at war with their chromosomes? Oh, right. Nothing. The genderqueers should probably get their own movement at this point, the 'banner' has become a complete caricature of itself. They're a fucking joke.

If you think women can't have penises you are anti-intellectual.

When i retire in a few years, i may well stop reading the news and pretend the world hasn’t gone crazy.

It is crazy times we live.

bill-nye.jpg

Last edited:
Wait this didn’t actually happen to TS did it.
Thankfully no and I apologize for making using quotations in the headline.

It happened to: Angelos Sofocleous, a philosophy student at Durham university

Whoa, racist. Keep your hate speak off this campus. You might as well have tried to exterminate the jews/said women don't want to be software engineers as frequently as men.

When i retire in a few years, i may well stop reading the news and pretend the world hasn’t gone crazy.
i retired a long time ago at the age of 31. i own 8 desktop computers so i must be doing something right

I'm pretty sure most women do have a penis. It just takes batteries, vibrates, and they hide it under their pillow, bed, or in the night stand.

penis-vagina-gif.gif

Don't care. The person was being an idiot on twitter. He wasn't hounded off of campus or terminated from a paying position. He was removed from his Humanist club president position and the editor of some campus rags. If there are as he says "others that think the same", go join that club and be an editor for those rags or blogs.

Don't care. The person was being an idiot on twitter. He wasn't hounded off of campus or terminated from a paying position. He was removed from his Humanist club president position and the editor of some campus rags. If there are as he says "others that think the same", go join that club and be an editor for those rags or blogs.
So it was due to him being a dick and not because he believes in the dick privilege of men?

That sounds like a family feud answer, a common sitcom joke, and basic biology...crazy world indeed...

MagrittePipe.jpg

Last edited:
Back