How is fruitarian possible?

apizur**

Aggressive Finesse.
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm watching this video as I'm learning about the body's use of carbohydrates.

If fructose can't allegedly be stored by the muscles... how is this possible? I know fruit is not 100% fructose, but he claims to eat 6000 calories a day. How is he not fat or sick? I do not understand and was hoping for some clarity.

I am not nearly knowledgeable enough about the science behind it to help you out, but I can say that many people have funny ideas about carbs.

I eat a pretty clean vegan diet and high carb (not fruitarian - I couldn't afford that shit, haha) and I feel great, my skin is clearer, I hardly ever get sick, and my energy level is ridiculous. I recover soo much faster too. I'm not sure how carbs got demonized, but I cannot find any credible research or even anecdotal evidence showing they make people fat. I think a lot of people eat pastas, rice and such - high carb foods in general - and slather them in high fat/cholesterol stuff and/or eat nasty stuff on the side, and then blame the carbs for making them fat.

Two books you might want to check out are The China Study and 80/10/10 - I've not read the latter book, but I am going to buy it.

Vegans/fruitarians are growing in number and none of them are fat (some vegans eat like shit though). It seems we've been fed a bunch of bullshit information. I thought the fruitarian thing was BS at first, but the more I learned, the more it felt like I was finding out how deep the rabbit hole goes, so to speak.

There's many fruitarian/high carb youtube channels, and it seems more athletes are jumping on board.

I am not nearly knowledgeable enough about the science behind it to help you out, but I can say that many people have funny ideas about carbs.

I eat a pretty clean vegan diet and high carb (not fruitarian - I couldn't afford that shit, haha) and I feel great, my skin is clearer, I hardly ever get sick, and my energy level is ridiculous. I recover soo much faster too. I'm not sure how carbs got demonized, but I cannot find any credible research or even anecdotal evidence showing they make people fat. I think a lot of people eat pastas, rice and such - high carb foods in general - and slather them in high fat/cholesterol stuff and/or eat nasty stuff on the side, and then blame the carbs for making them fat.

Two books you might want to check out are The China Study and 80/10/10 - I've not read the latter book, but I am going to buy it.

Vegans/fruitarians are growing in number and none of them are fat (some vegans eat like shit though). It seems we've been fed a bunch of bullshit information. I thought the fruitarian thing was BS at first, but the more I learned, the more it felt like I was finding out how deep the rabbit hole goes, so to speak.

There's many fruitarian/high carb youtube channels, and it seems more athletes are jumping on board.

eat meat. the china study is sooo flawed it's not even funny.

eat meat. the china study is sooo flawed it's not even funny.

Do elaborate.

If you're going to start with Denise Minger, the other hack who was caught lying/contradicting herself or any other shills for the meat and dairy industry save yourself the effort. Edit: Better yet, redirect the effort to google, and see what vegan athletes have to say.

Meanwhile, I'll continue enjoying my increased vitality, high energy level, and not getting sick... not that it doesn't totally suck feeling good all the time.

Wouldn't your insulin levels be through the roof on an all fruit diet?

I do Muay Thai and a few people have done the vegan thing and said they felt drained all the time and seemed to recover slowly.

I swear, if anyone posts ANY of Durianrider's videos here I will find some way to ban you!

So you're not a fruitarian?

Thanks for contributing.

27442981.jpg

So you're not a fruitarian?

Thanks for contributing.

27442981.jpg

I made clear from the onset that I'm not terribly knowledgeable, but do eat high carb. If you can't understand what high carb and fruit have in common, I just, wow.

I directed the TS toward some info that might explain a few things. I feel that's relevant, and at the least it's far more than you have contributed. Lets see - books that explain how a fruitarian/high carb diet would work (and if I recall correctly, 80/10/10 even lays the blueprint for it) vs a failed attempt at being witty, perhaps because you think I'm a self righteous vegan who only talks about it to be pretentious, and gosh, it's your duty to put me in my place.

Wouldn't your insulin levels be through the roof on an all fruit diet?

I do Muay Thai and a few people have done the vegan thing and said they felt drained all the time and seemed to recover slowly.

Edit: I cannot comment on this-and-that of an all fruit diet or how that would work with MMA training. There's vegan boxers/MMA's, but not fruitarian ones (as far as I know).

Anyway, they might not have been meeting their caloric needs. That's the only time I've had trouble. You have to eat a LOT, and being vegan isn't a panacea - you've still gotta keep it clean.

You should be able to find interviews with Nate/Nick Diaz, Mac Danzig, and Fitch about it.

Last edited:
Vegans/fruitarians are growing in number and none of them are fat

Now, this is a lie. I've known several fat vegans. Just because you have less unhealthy food choices doesn't mean you'll always make healthy food choices.

Now, this is a lie. I've known several fat vegans. Just because you have less unhealthy food choices doesn't mean you'll always make healthy food choices.

There's unhealthy vegans no doubt, but I've never heard of any fat ones that weren't cheating with dairy or something though.

(If you got the impression that I only equivocate unhealth with being fat, I was not and do not.)

At what rate does fructose get converted by the liver? I mean... 6000 calories a day. I know even endurance athletes can't train to that level daily. 6K is what Manny Paquiao was eating in his final block of periodization before the last Marquez fight. From what we've seen so far that's nothing that can be maintained long term.

Do elaborate.

If you're going to start with Denise Minger, the other hack who was caught lying/contradicting herself or any other shills for the meat and dairy industry save yourself the effort. Edit: Better yet, redirect the effort to google, and see what vegan athletes have to say.

Meanwhile, I'll continue enjoying my increased vitality, high energy level, and not getting sick... not that it doesn't totally suck feeling good all the time.

I've read the study and pieces of the book......

for one, the china study is an observational study. Observational studies are used for building a hypothesis that is then tested. It is NOT supposed to be taken as fact.

Multiple times throughout the book the author mixes up complex carbs with simple carbs. How do you do that? Someone that is supposed to be an authority can't even get that right?

The entire study consists of cherry picked correlations, but no hard facts.

The "study" itself took up maybe a chapter or two of the entire book. The rest was bullocks mixed with circumstantial studies that were performed on rats.

A quick google search found these gems......

“There are virtually no nutrients in animal-based foods that are not better provided by plants” (p. 213) hahaha yeah B-vitamins, proteins, and zinc are useless.

"Vitamin D deficiency is caused by eating dairy products and too much animal protein." This is literally made up information. Nowhere will you find info to support this.

The author states that breast cancer is associated with dietary fat. Again, this is laughable as there are COUNTLESS studies that debunk this.

Even the "correlations" are assbackwards as they showed that plant proteins correlate more with cancer than animal protein, but somehow meat is bad? WUT?

These are just a few of the fallacies that are in this "study". Also, Minger did a great job of breaking down all of the fuck ups that the hack Campbell made. On her blog she posted the debate between her and Campbell. Campbell pretty much contradicted his own info and made himself look like a boob.

Let me ask you one question. Since you are a vegan, where do you get your B-Vitamins? They are essential for life you know.

My younger cousin eats egg whites and fruit for breakfast, fruit for lunch and a huge salad, w/ olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette, with a piece of meat for dinner everyday.

He comes from a fat family and he's lean, has decent cardio and fairly well muscled. During wrestling season his weight stays constant and he'll only cut a pound or two the day of the meet.

At least half of his calories come from fruit and he's doing better than everyone in his entire family. Like most people in this thread have mentioned, I don't think you'll find all the essential nutrients required in vegan diet but eating lots of fruits and vegetables isn't a bad base for a diet.

I supposed the user of a vegan/fruititarian diet will feel great and do well until they become deficient. The OP video doesn't shock me, the guy is faster because he's lost weight (both fat and muscle) and kept up his training, which will blunt muscle wasting for his sport and will promote a more ideal physique for his activity by losing non-functional muscle. Has this guy clarified whether or not he has a cheat meal steak two weeks or something?

At what rate does fructose get converted by the liver? I mean... 6000 calories a day. I know even endurance athletes can't train to that level daily. 6K is what Manny Paquiao was eating in his final block of periodization before the last Marquez fight. From what we've seen so far that's nothing that can be maintained long term.

I eat 5-6k calories daily, pretty much year round.

Do elaborate.

Isn't it interesting how people on three completely contradictory diets all claim to experience the same benefits?

Paleo - Vitality, increased energy, and health.

Low carb - Vitality, increased energy, reduction of chronic illnesses.

People on every infomercial and radio commercial for every diet product and dietary supplement known to man always seem to claim these things. Perhaps it's because they are intangibles that are mostly subjective and thus prone to a placebo response. Perhaps it's also because anyone on any diet is watching what they eat and how much... and maybe that's the really important thing, especially since that's what well conducted research actually says.

I've read the study and pieces of the book......

for one, the china study is an observational study. Observational studies are used for building a hypothesis that is then tested. It is NOT supposed to be taken as fact.

Multiple times throughout the book the author mixes up complex carbs with simple carbs. How do you do that? Someone that is supposed to be an authority can't even get that right?

The entire study consists of cherry picked correlations, but no hard facts.

The "study" itself took up maybe a chapter or two of the entire book. The rest was bullocks mixed with circumstantial studies that were performed on rats.

A quick google search found these gems......

“There are virtually no nutrients in animal-based foods that are not better provided by plants” (p. 213) hahaha yeah B-vitamins, proteins, and zinc are useless.

"Vitamin D deficiency is caused by eating dairy products and too much animal protein." This is literally made up information. Nowhere will you find info to support this.

The author states that breast cancer is associated with dietary fat. Again, this is laughable as there are COUNTLESS studies that debunk this.

Even the "correlations" are assbackwards as they showed that plant proteins correlate more with cancer than animal protein, but somehow meat is bad? WUT?

These are just a few of the fallacies that are in this "study". Also, Minger did a great job of breaking down all of the fuck ups that the hack Campbell made. On her blog she posted the debate between her and Campbell. Campbell pretty much contradicted his own info and made himself look like a boob.

Let me ask you one question. Since you are a vegan, where do you get your B-Vitamins? They are essential for life you know.

You fuck up - I'm talking smashing your lambo into a tree at 130 MPH kind of fuck up - with your first sentence:

"I've read the study and pieces of the book.

It's a bunch of peer reviewed studies performed by many people, and you haven't read the book. Why would I want to even bother wasting my time going further in my response?

Denise Minger, well, show me her PHD and peer reviewed research and I'll get back to you.

Nah, this is simpler:

I think he could accurately pick you out of the line up.

There's a growing number of people who have been vegan for years and are thriving (que you bringing up some dumbass who was deficient in nutrients because they only ate carrots or something). It doesn't mean it's the only way to be healthy but by gum it seems to work.

Yes, definitely, veganism is the optimal diet for human health.

Come back in a couple of years when B vitamin deficiency starts to wreak havoc on your health and vitality.

If you want to be vegan, go for it. But don't act like it is the ideal way for ANYONE to eat when it lacks certain nutrients which are essential for our survival.

Back