How is fruitarian possible?

Shunyata perfectly explained the 'plant based diet' line of thought. Most people eat a plant based diet. A diet of all plants is not a plant based diet, it's a diet of plants. I eat a plant based diet, it's right there under my chicken supporting my salad.

Also, I have no doubt that you at least felt that making this switch helped you, but your story above is kind of funny, and you have to see it too. You switched to no meat, THEN started attending an MMA class, and after a few months noticed you recovered faster, and got better endurance.

I already addressed that. If you're going to respond to me at least read what I say please.

I started noticing it right at the beginning (edit: of training and after some time had went by between switching diets and before training; I didn't go veg and then two days later notice it, and I'd already been exercising as an omnivore. Figured I should make that abundantly clear.), and had been running/cycling/doing body weight exercises beforehand, and believe or not, I had worked out in my life before going vegetarian/vegan. Plus, I'm getting tired of people making shit up/misinterpreting me; I never said I noticed this 'months after I started training' I said months after I went veg I started MMA training. It would be obvious that by exercising more often one will get in better shape. I've been in great shape before and I remember my energy levels/recovery time, so I have a basis for comparison.

I'm also not the only herbivore to say this - numerous professional athletes have said the same, which is part of what started to pique my curiosity to begin with. I understand the skepticism, I do - many of you are probably more knowledgeable about nutrition than I am, and have a good thing going. Just my experience.

Last edited:
I already addressed that. If you're going to respond to me at least read what I say please.

I started noticing it right at the beginning (edit: of training and after some time had went by between switching diets and before training; I didn't go veg and then two days later notice it, and I'd already been exercising as an omnivore. Figured I should make that abundantly clear.), and had been running/cycling/doing body weight exercises beforehand, and believe or not, I had worked out in my life before going vegetarian/vegan. Plus, I'm getting tired of people making shit up/misinterpreting me; I never said I noticed this 'months after I started training' I said months after I went veg I started MMA training. It would be obvious that by exercising more often one will get in better shape. I've been in great shape before and I remember my energy levels/recovery time, so I have a basis for comparison.

I'm also not the only herbivore to say this - numerous professional athletes have said the same, which is part of what started to pique my curiosity to begin with. I understand the skepticism, I do - many of you are probably more knowledgeable about nutrition than I am, and have a good thing going. Just my experience.

You're taking this way to personally.

I'm watching this video as I'm learning about the body's use of carbohydrates.

If fructose can't allegedly be stored by the muscles... how is this possible? I know fruit is not 100% fructose, but he claims to eat 6000 calories a day. How is he not fat or sick? I do not understand and was hoping for some clarity.

I don't see how he is eating 25-30 pounds of fruit a day without liquifying most of it.

He could get to 6000 calories by eating high calorie fruit: coconuts, avocados, dates, olives, dried figs, raisins, prunes.
Still with those higher calorie fruit he'd still need to eat several pounds. Who the hell is going to daily eat a pound each of coconut, raisins and prunes? That 3 pounds only gets one to about 4100 calories. I guess eat 8 ounces of olives, 8 ounces of dates and liquify a lot of oranges, stone fruit, bananas. Like 12 of them.

Still that gets you a lot of fat (coconut) and not much protein. Imo the guy is lying. And as a diet fruitarian doesn't make sense.

II never said I noticed this 'months after I started training' I said months after I went veg I started MMA training. It would be obvious that by exercising more often one will get in better shape. I've been in great shape before and I remember my energy levels/recovery time, so I have a basis for comparison.

So your anecdotal evidence is valid in supporting your point, but someone else's is not. I see.

So your anecdotal evidence is valid in supporting your point, but someone else's is not. I see.

And we have come full circle.

(This thread is pretty informative, so let's just quit while we're ahead please?)

You're taking this way to personally.

I keep getting questioned/assailed by multiple people, some who have blatantly lied/made things up (I posted no evidence about Minger! Except three links going into detail breaking her down, one guy who even conversed with her and cites her own blog for reference who devoted a multi-part video series to her alone) and some who misinterpret me like I'm saying the world is flat.

He said something that was 100% false.

If I say something remotely disagreeable, I log in and see 200 quote notifications. Someone else does it, not a word. Excuse my responses.

I do enjoy that everyone is quiet as church mice about the pro athletes and other notable people having great results. I talk about feeling good and I think I'm better than other people, Tyson, Clinton, football players, etc etc etc do it, no one has anything to say. It must be a big conspiracy.

I keep getting questioned/assailed by multiple people, some who have blatantly lied/made things up (I posted no evidence about Minger! Except three links going into detail breaking her down, one guy who even conversed with her and cites her own blog for reference who devoted a multi-part video series to her alone) and some who misinterpret me like I'm saying the world is flat.

He said something that was 100% false.

If I say something remotely disagreeable, I log in and see 200 quote notifications. Someone else does it, not a word. Excuse my responses.

I do enjoy that everyone is quiet as church mice about the pro athletes and other notable people having great results. I talk about feeling good and I think I'm better than other people, Tyson, Clinton, football players, etc etc etc do it, no one has anything to say. It must be a big conspiracy.

Could it be possible that these athletes have increased energy etc. because their previous way of eating was extremely shitty?

Could it be possible that these athletes have increased energy etc. because their previous way of eating was extremely shitty?

Some, surely. Just making such a drastic dietary change shows you're likely more health conscious than the average person. All or even most? I find that highly unlikely. And it's not just athletes.

I'm pretty sure Fitch for example was pretty clean beforehand, and he was already known for being in great shape. He eats a little meat on weekends, but stays vegan while training during the week.

And either way, their livelihood depends on their bodies performing well. At the very least, one can thrive being a herbivore.

Last edited:
Fitch at one point was eating like a scavenger though, basically like a hobo. Doesn't mean you want to mimic that either.

Anyway, I think an all fruit diet is absurd. Humans are not fruit bats.

Not that I think you're lying, but could you cite a source for that?

The fruit diet is puzzling to me. It's easy to find blogs and youtube channels of people who claim to eat mostly fruit, and at least one I know of (sigh, durianrider) who posts his blood tests online, but it's crazy. Then again, supposedly some people are successful eating 'paleo.'

Well, if you consider that evidence is now pretty supportive of the idea that man actually cooked meat WAY earlier than originally thought, it wouldn't be that hard to eat 'paleo' :)

Also, i am not sure on this, but I think I remember reading about Fitch years ago (maybe after he had a fight in TKO, an old Canadian promotion?) showing up to a gym with nothing but his car and everything he owned in it and sleeping on the floor at night. Maybe i have the wrong person though, as I said, it was a long time ago.

And yeah, some people stop eating meat and feel (or even think they feel, placebo is a strong effect, it should NEVER be underrated) better, some are athletes, a handful are fairly high level. Other athletes start from nothing and begin to make enough money to eat MORE meat, and start performing much better.

A few years ago there was a great bit of reporting on Cuban bodybuilders, very neat look at a group who was dirt poor, and the difference between those who could afford expensive meat and those who could not. Very interesting and it had a lot of tie-ins to different peasant populations (now and also in the past) and their eating habits, like how chinese soldiers in ancient times had a diet that included meat in every meal, something the peasants of the nation could never have (except for fishermen, but I think it was more about red meat).

Also, have no doubt that someone out there gets the entirety of their calories from a single food source, like bananas. Somewhere out there, there is at least one person doing or surviving on pretty much everything and anything. There are a lot of batty people.

I've yet to come across a single good argument against the idea that the best course you can take regarding nutrition is to eat a wide variety of quality foods. I've also listened to people try and raise hell about genetically modified foods who actually thought wheat and corn occured the way they currently are in nature, and didn't realize that apple trees are possibly the most succesfully cloned organism of all time (and also not native to North America, I lived by an apple orchard as a kid :) ).

There's a good chance the louder someone is yelling about nutrition, the crazier they are, and the more they are pushing a product or lifestyle, the more they just want either acceptance or your money.

On the apple note, and historical genetic modification through selective breeding, the vast majority of food species (plant and animal) used by americans and europeans can be traced back to the middle east.

On the apple note, and historical genetic modification through selective breeding, the vast majority of food species (plant and animal) used by americans and europeans can be traced back to the middle east.

have you ever seen Food Inc? It's one of my all time favorites.

I would think most of our food would come from the 'fertile crescent' and humans would have brought it out with them, supplementing with what was available in the areas they settled and adapting their diets.

Woe to the stoneage man forced to eat the deer he shot. Did no one tell him that he will recover faster and feel better if he ate only plants?

I would think most of our food would come from the 'fertile crescent' and humans would have brought it out with them, supplementing with what was available in the areas they settled and adapting their diets.

Woe to the stoneage man forced to eat the deer he shot. Did no one tell him that he will recover faster and feel better if he ate only plants?

Yeah most domesticated food species that we think of as central to the human diet in euro-American cuisine come from the area that is now Iraq. All cattle, most fruit, most vegetables. Chickens probably originated in southeast asia as jungle fowl and were then traded into the middle east and eventually Europe. Onions, garlic, carrots, most citrus, the list goes on and on. Of the food species that are not "new world" crops (ie coming from the Americas after European trade opened to N and S America), most were domesticated in Mesopotamia.

But yeah, most of the cutting edge science right now suggests that applying fire to meat and grain enabled us to unleash their caloric potential of cooked meat and cooked grains / legumes and develop huge brain to body mass ratios which would otherwise have been unsustainable on a raw diet (whether raw omnivore or raw herbivore). The caloric potential we achieved with cooked meat and cooked staples such as the earliest proto domestic wheat and barley changed our physical evolution, decreasing the size and mass of the intestinal tract while supporting a much heavier brain.

As far as Durian Rider goes, this video provides a good amount of lulz:

[YT]The8ACrMPdA[/YT]

I'm just going to go out of my way and not watch that video. I was going to, and then I got almost 30 seconds in and I got that feeling of unease you get watching someone who is about to make a big mistake or embarass themselves, and I just couldn't go on. Tell me if I am wrong, but my social 'sixth sense' makes me fell like I am not...

(posted in wrong thread, please delete)

Last edited:
Back