How is Mike Tyson not considered top 5 Heavyweight of all time?

Tyson was on steroids. HBO pretended not to know... as did Showtime. Advanced drug testing wasn’t even a thing back then yet the networks could care less. Jose Conseco, Barry Bonds.. the NFL...

Only idiots think these guys weren’t on the classic roids during the day compared to the game today. Conte, Balco, Holyfield...

He ruled a weak division and lost the tough challenges. I’d have him around 5-7 personally and I don’t see him beating every other HW during his prime. Lennox wouldve knocked him out at any point in his career

I don’t think so.

It took him 8 rounds to KO a completely shot Tyson.

On that note, I have Tyson outside the top 10.

Tyson was on steroids. HBO pretended not to know... as did Showtime. Advanced drug testing wasn’t even a thing back then yet the networks could care less. Jose Conseco, Barry Bonds.. the NFL...

Only idiots think these guys weren’t on the classic roids during the day compared to the game today. Conte, Balco, Holyfield...

You ever seen Tyson at 13 years old? Sure he may have been on roids but he was already a weapon long before that stage in his career.

His only good wins are a 38 year old larry holmes coming off a 2 year layoff and a spinks- a guy that fought primarily at LHW. Everyone else of note he fought he got destroyed. That's why.

You ever seen Tyson at 13 years old? Sure he may have been on roids but he was already a weapon long before that stage in his career.

Yeah he was a bull at 13. Hit puberty very early

Yeah he was a bull at 13. Hit puberty very early

The other fact is, every single top level athlete in every sport cheats, they all use steroids, they all use blood doping, they all use banned substances. Winners win at all costs, clean athletes finish 250th in the tour de France.

got outclassed by lennox too
I wasn't even going to include that because it was so far after his peak and the Tyson nuthuggers always seem to take the stance that his prime is all that matters.

Either way, he lost to 100% of the great boxers that he fought.

I wasn't even going to include that because it was so far after his peak and the Tyson nuthuggers always seem to take the stance that his prime is all that matters.

Either way, he lost to 100% of the great boxers that he fought.
yup. mike is one of those guys that history has really been kind too. and a fighter who non boxing fans look back on and love. but when you break it down, he didnt have a jab, combos, lacked heart and mental toughness, and never beat elite competition. still exciting as shit but no where near goat status

yup. mike is one of those guys that history has really been kind too. and a fighter who non boxing fans look back on and love. but when you break it down, he didnt have a jab, combos, lacked heart and mental toughness, and never beat elite competition. still exciting as shit but no where near goat status

He did have a jab and he was plenty capable of punching in combination...

The other fact is, every single top level athlete in every sport cheats, they all use steroids, they all use blood doping, they all use banned substances. Winners win at all costs, clean athletes finish 250th in the tour de France.

Yeah but don’t be naive, boxing today, ironically, especially where high top level promoters are basically gambling from a sport of non regulation, it’s harder to cheat than most domestic sports. Boxing today isn’t the same as it was 30 years ago. Particularly with anti doping.

Dude he had a jab he just regularly dealt with 10+ inch reach disadvantages.

He was a great combination puncher just not compared to Ali.

You shouldn’t state things as a fact especially when you’ve never trained or been anywhere near a top athlete in your life.

It’s hard to accept for a lot of men, but there is a big gap in athletic ability person to person. There are some 14 year olds who can run faster, jump higher, punch harder, and out put more power than you will at any point in your life.

Gives those kids:
Top training
Dietitians
10-18 hours a week of training, and by adult hood they’ll have be doing things you think can only be achieved by steroids

Yes drugs are in sport. But the statement that everyone is on drugs is not only a lie, but completely disrespectful to people to who’ve dedicated their lives to achieving a peak level of fitness only for some guy to dismiss those achievements.

You shouldn’t state things as a fact especially when you’ve never trained or been anywhere near a top athlete in your life.

It’s hard to accept for a lot of men, but there is a big gap in athletic ability person to person. There are some 14 year olds who can run faster, jump higher, punch harder, and out put more power than you will at any point in your life.

Gives those kids:
Top training
Dietitians
10-18 hours a week of training, and by adult hood they’ll have be doing things you think can only be achieved by steroids

Yes drugs are in sport. But the statement that everyone is on drugs is not only a lie, but completely disrespectful to people to who’ve dedicated their lives to achieving a peak level of fitness only for some guy to dismiss those achievements.

You shouldn't state things when you don't know me. I train and fight out of an all pro gym with 7 title holders, I spent 4 years at the Australian Institute of Sport for Rugby and boxing and was on course to play for Australia at the Commonwealth games in the Rugby Sevens until an injury ended my career, I'd say there's a probably a high chance that I am a higher level athlete than you will ever be.

If you don't think drugs and cheating are rampant in every single sport than you are naive, every top level athlete cheats. Look at Lance Armstrong, he got away with it for a very long time but was found to be blood doping. Carl Lewis was on his high horse after Ben Johnson got caught using steroids, but he was a cheater too. If you think professional athletes are not very careful and very knowledgeable about how to avoid being caught you are an idiot.
Steroids are not the only way to cheat. There are infinite ways to cheat and I can guarantee every single top level athlete has used one at some point in their career.
Where money is involved people cheat. Sure top level pingpong players may not need to cheat, top level Chess players aren't juiced up.

Last edited:

Any evidence to back up this nonsense?

And in response to your previous post, I’ve trained out of one of the best mma gyms in Britain, that has produced European champions and a couple of ufc fighters. These guys don’t juice. They may use legal supplements that give an advantage but these are not banned substances

Plenty of evidence to support it. Wasting my time proving it to you? No thanks. I’m not one for giving my name out on public forum.

So I’ll have to take your word and you’ll have to take mine babe xox

You shouldn't state things when you don't know me. I train and fight out of an all pro gym with 7 title holders, I spent 4 years at the Australian Institute of Sport for Rugby and boxing and was on course to play for Australia at the Commonwealth games in the Rugby Sevens until an injury ended my career, I'd say there's a probably a high chance that I am a higher level athlete than you will ever be.

If you don't think drugs and cheating are rampant in every single sport than you are naive, every top level athlete cheats. Look at Lance Armstrong, he got away with it for a very long time but was found to be blood doping. Carl Lewis was on his high horse after Ben Johnson got caught using steroids, but he was a cheater too. If you think professional athletes are not very careful and very knowledgeable about how to avoid being caught you are an idiot.
Steroids are not the only way to cheat. There are infinite ways to cheat and I can guarantee every single top level athlete has used one at some point in their career.
Where money is involved people cheat. Sure top level pingpong players may not need to cheat, top level Chess players aren't juiced up.

I’m not going to get into who’s performed higher,because everyone is a super star on the internet.. However your apparent knowledge would suggest that you weren’t a either a top level athlete or ever trained or trained with any. If you were you were a pretty dirty one and it’s easier on your conscious to think that everyone else was/is dirty to.

That’s not my experience.

Back