How is the mini-series BAND OF BROTHERS?

vcmmafan

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I've recently finished Generation Kill. It was pretty good. I'd probably give it an 8.7/10 Looked great on Blu Ray too. From what I hear it was a true story and they even had two of the real people play themselves on the mini series. (Rudy and the reporter)

So now I'm itching for another good war mini series. How does Band of Brothers compare? What about The Pacific?

I've also heard that Das Boot was pretty well done. But idk if I'd enjoy the German perspective.

Last edited:
I like Generation Kill, but it's not in the same league as BoB. That's like comparing Black Hawk Down to Saving Private Ryan. Watch it, it's fucking awesome.

I like Generation Kill, but it's not in the same league as BoB. That's like comparing Black Hawk Down to Saving Private Ryan. Watch it, it's fucking awesome.

Good analogy

Band of Brothers is amazing. The cinematography, story, and acting, probably the best show I had ever watched.

Have you been living outside of civilization for the past 15 years?

Band of Brothers is great.

Band of Brothers is amazing. The cinematography, story, and acting, probably the best show I had ever watched.
imo the miniseries is the perfect format for live action storytelling. Enough to flesh out the characters, doesn't overstay its welcome and drag on and on. And this one might be the best.

Band of Brothers is excellent, The Pacific....not so much

yeah, I saw Pacific once, that was enough.

I could watch BoB any time.

David Schwimmer is weak as always but other than him it's a 10/10 show.

I thought Schwimmer was perfect for that role. What didn't you like?

I just don't like his acting. One of those actors I can't take seriously and I don't like watching him on that show.

Band of Brothers is GOAT tier.

The Pacific is worth the watch, but not on the same level as BoB.

Never seen Generation Kill but it is on my radar.

I put it as one of the best, if not the best TV series, even considering the miniseries format.

Bob stamps all over breaking bad, that's how good it is.

It's fantastic. As good as TV gets. If you liked Saving Private Ryan this will be right up your alley.

The Pacific is good too, but it has less interesting characters.

Back