How is the mini-series BAND OF BROTHERS?

Like everyone else has already said BOB is amazing. I messed up on HBO though and somehow got all the episodes mixed up even though they were labeled 1-10/11 whatever it was. So I don't know if they were labeled incorrectly or what.

I like BoB a lot (but apparently a bit less than most in this thread). It's a really solid show.

I like Generation Kill, but it's not in the same league as BoB. That's like comparing Black Hawk Down to Saving Private Ryan. Watch it, it's fucking awesome.

In both cases, actually I think I prefer the former to the latter. With the two series, the difference is pretty marginal, though, coming down to that I preferred the less dramatized of the two. SPR on the other hand is just a little too dumb for me to really like. I want my war films substantially less Hollywood than that. Good craftsmanship, but you always get that from Spielberg. BHD is ok, so it wins.

i haven't seen it awhile but i thought it was the best show ever when i did watch it.

the recent german mini-series, "generation war: our mothers, our fathers", is the best world war II movie or mini-series i've ever seen. it's a lot less propaganda-like than say something like saving private ryan.

here's a link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_War

Lot less propaganda my ass. They make it look like the Poles are the big bad Jew haters and there's only one or two SS bad apples.

What about that badass that ran through the German line to get to the trapped soldiers? That was extremely boss

Spiers...my favorite character. Especially his story in the church about why he didn't discourage his reputation.

I've been trying to watch this show but I can't find the damn episodes online anywhere. For some reason all the episodes aren't on any of the sites where I watch stuff. It sucks because I've heard so many good things about this show and was really looking forward to checking it out.

I've been trying to watch this show but I can't find the damn episodes online anywhere. For some reason all the episodes aren't on any of the sites where I watch stuff. It sucks because I've heard so many good things about this show and was really looking forward to checking it out.

hbo stuff is usually only on hbo go..legally anyways

Brilliant and emotional

You can probably buy it for pretty cheap in the stores these days.

Captain Winters, well Damian Lewis was in a British series, Warriors a couple of years earlier. Its pretty good though not as good as BoB. He's awesome in it, it probably got him the role in Bob.

It is probably my favorite mini-series ever. It is a bit hard to rank since there aren't a ton of "mini-series", but I liked it more than any war movie or television series that I've seen.

I also liked the Pacific a loot, but IMHO, it wasn't nearly as good as the original.

Last edited:
Back