How is the trade war going?

1459287032003.gif

You libs acting so damn scary over confronting countries and their unfair trade practices. You guys would much rather just bend over and take it than to deal with conflict.

I agree that trying to affect US politics in any way is ugly business and something the EU has always avoided, but Russia already opened that door in way more nefarious ways.

hiya MinaCraque,

as did Mr. Netanyahu.

- IGIT

Please explain how trade deficits would bring the demise of anyone.
Omg.. It's theeee only war that matters. Comparative advantage? International economics?

I can't even.. I just can't.

On top as the #1 in here dripping with alphaness.
Sure man, just walk out while telling yourself you posted anything of substance. If you have to tell yourself you won (as if there was something to be won in the first place) to go about your shitposting, go ahead. As long as we're clear on the fact that your ability to argue the subject of this thread stops at "haha you're triggered!"

Sure man, just walk out while telling yourself you posted anything of substance. If you have to tell yourself you won (as if there was something to be won in the first place) to go about your shitposting, go ahead. As long as we're clear on the fact that your ability to argue the subject of this thread stops at "haha you're triggered!"
"haha you're triggered!"

IT'S TRUE GET SOME SON!

MCwAgmH.gif

1459287032003.gif

You libs acting so damn scary over confronting countries and their unfair trade practices. You guys would much rather just bend over and take it than to deal with conflict.
Nice to see you use a homophobic gif to express your ignorance of liberals, and the subject at hand. Derp.

<{outtahere}>

Glad we can agree on something. You can't.
You can't be that clueless..

Lol at the left shill posters now acting like the trade deficit isn't a problem... That was free trade > America republicans job until recently. What a bunch of complete idiots.

You can't be that clueless..

Lol at the left shill posters now acting like the trade deficit isn't a problem... That was free trade > America republicans job until recently. What a bunch of complete idiots.
Previously you didn't say the deficit was a problem. You said it was the demise of America. Two different things.

Again, explain why having a deficit would bring the demise of America. Or let me guess:

I can't even.. I just can't.

It's not going so great right now

it'll be a lot of trump supporters who will be losing their livelihood.. getting out of TPP was a fuck-up by the administration that will have a lasting effects for years to come.. other than that.. no big deal..

No, people just have a natural and rational aversion to negative-sum games. A trade war hurts American businesses, workers, and consumers, and the best-case scenario is that it hurts foreign businesses, workers, and consumers more. It's madness. Shooting ourselves in the foot to score political points or settle stupid grudges.

It's going to take time to see the real impact of the "trade war". If there are negative effects expect the American middle and lower class to feel most of the impact and if it works out the rich will get the most reward.

How is this different than anything else? It's always been like this since the beginning of time.

Did America end yet
I was told it would end

It really depends on the final outcome. None of of know how this will play out. Maybe it turns out in our favor, maybe it cripples our economy that's why it is scary. Taking a major risk right now when we are in the middle of great economic growth is what most people find scary.
Risk=Possible Reward
No Risk=No Reward
We have been getting shafted on trade for years. Why not try?

Risk=Possible Reward
No Risk=No Reward
We have been getting shafted on trade for years. Why not try?

The timing is why. We are experiencing good economic growth. With most economists say this is not a good idea, I would side with them, I really don't know how it will turn out, so what the hell do I know?

The timing is why. We are experiencing good economic growth. With most economists say this is not a good idea, I would side with them, I really don't know how it will turn out, so what the hell do I know?
I think that when we are experiencing good economic growth is the best time to try to work new trade deals. It would be impossible during anemic growth such as during the Obama years. The fear-mongering would be out of control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back