How Kim Jong Un bested Donald Trump in the slugfest that was 2017

'easier than Iraq' isnt a qualifier id use since we were actively there for over a decade and still didnt accomplish anything of note other than completely destabilizing an entire region for an unforeseen amount of time.

And we were well on our way to achomplishing our goals prior to Obama pulling out of Iraq.

Uh, he drew a big red line in the sand in Syria that the Assad regime then marched right over, or did you forget about that? You're embarrassing yourself.

I said NK.

Don't move the goalposts sherbro, we're talking NK here.

We're clearly talking about the invasion.
then you're 'clearly' taking the piss. Iraq was a country that had, prior to the actual invasion, been systematically bombed and surveilled and then bombed some more for over a decade. Operation Northern and Southern watch were concerted efforts from the US and UK to continually degrade what little military capability Iraq had following the 91 Persian Gulf War in the event we ever invaded.

In ADDITION to not having to deal with an air force, and active aerial defense network, or a disciplined army, we had the benefit of attacking a country whose primary center of control along our axis of advance was completely flat and featureless. it was territory specially catered to deep advances by an unimpeded military.

In North Korea, we have incredibly rugged terrain that renders the majority of our conventional might irrelevant in anything but short burst or defensive allocations. An enemy whose military, while ancient compared to ours, is LAVISHLY equipped and fanatically loyal. These guys WILL stand and fight...grievously so. and our entire route of supply is going to be along the most heavily attacked and defended corridor in the world. Unless you think we can magically hope the Norks aint gonna mine the shit out of their coastline and that even 1960's era SAM sights cant turn a C17 into the worlds most expensive air pollution. Im super glad you're so cavalier about how 'easy' an invasion would be. i look forward to seeing a copy of your enlistment papers published on this site when you 'go get sum'.

Back