How long are your rounds and rest time when you hit the heavy bag?

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
When you hit the heavy bag? How long are your rounds? How many rounds do you do?

How long do you rest between rounds?

Depends

Heavy Bag:
Basic Day (3 of 3 minutes, 1 minute rest)
If I have time (5 of 3 minutes, 1 minute rest)
Endurance Day (10 minutes straight no rest)

I have 4 types of bags in my gym. Heavy, Speed, Double End, and Body Snatcher. I make time for each.

If I'm working on technique it's 3-5 x 3-5 min. If I'm in camp focused more on intensity, I do it to match my rounds I'll be competing in. So 3 x 2min rounds are what I deal with so I do 3 x 2min, and 2 sets. So 6 x 2min. Rest time is the same, 1 min rounds.

If I'm doing a tabata drill, its 30 seconds work, 10 second rest, and 10 sets

2 min on, 1 min off. As hard and fast as I can. Usually shoot for 5 rounds. Goal is to feel like I might die if I continue

You should do 30s-1min rest time. My heavy bag rounds are how I feel but will be a minimum of 3 rounds each time. I sometimes do a 10 min round like @FightGuyOpenMind does, I don't know exactly how long i do it for but i just hit it until I feel like stopping.

You should do 30s-1min rest time. My heavy bag rounds are how I feel but will be a minimum of 3 rounds each time. I sometimes do a 10 min round like @FightGuyOpenMind does, I don't know exactly how long i do it for but i just hit it until I feel like stopping.

Exactly lol. That's what I do for an endurance round. I just keep punching and moving around the bag, typically for 10 minutes. Not many hard shots, but always throwing punches. Working through the rest time on the clock. It works me pretty good, can't lie. lol

Exactly lol. That's what I do for an endurance round. I just keep punching and moving around the bag, typically for 10 minutes. Not many hard shots, but always throwing punches. Working through the rest time on the clock. It works me pretty good, can't lie. lol

Yeah it is, and it's very challenging sometimes I like to do like a short burst of just throwing power punches and than work more technical, than go hard again. It helps a lot.

Back