How long do you think Margarito was loading his gloves?

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So i always wondered how long Margs loaded his gloves. Apart of me wants to think if he had loaded them his entire career SOMEONE would have caught him before the Mosley fight. But this cat has some pretty good power in the Williams, Cintron, Clottey and Lewis.

But i have now watched three fights post Cotto 1.

-Mosley: he literally got annihilated. Yeah Shane does typically well with those types of fighters but it was like Margs was throwing pitter patter. No shots of significance hurt Mosley in the slightest

Pac- Annihilated again. Although I guess he hurt Pac to the body at some point. Nothing substantial at least to my eye.

Cotto 2- He basically got destroyed. He was coming on a bit at the end but it seemed like it was because Cotto was tiring after 9 rounds of hitting him. No power punches whatsoever of significance.

So i suppose that then leads me to the conclusion that he was loading his hands for the majority of his career, and not just for the 1st Cotto fight. I have yet to see any footage of him hurting his opponent in any way after the 1st Cotto fight.

he definitely did it for cotto, but it's going to be difficult to speculate just how many people before him got hit with that shit.

can anyone explain why he wasn't locked up for that? i know people have gone to prison before for fucking around with gloves.

very few moments in boxing felt as satisfying as mosley beating the living shit out of that cheating scumbag.

Not sure how far back, but I’m thinking his gloves were loaded in the Kermit Cintron fights.

I always got the impression that he had been doing it all along.

I wonder how much damage this causes in comparison to removing the padding from the knuckles. I'm pretty sure fighters usually get jail time or at least banned from the sport for doing that.

Was definitely loaded for cotto

Chucks whole career into question doesn't it

I think the Golden Johnson fight.

Not saying he wasnt but how was it that no one before Nazim Richardson or the state comissions caught on???

can anyone explain why he wasn't locked up for that? i know people have gone to prison before for fucking around with gloves.

very few moments in boxing felt as satisfying as mosley beating the living shit out of that cheating scumbag.
he was still making rich people a lot of money, those types don't tend to get locked up

he definitely did it for cotto, but it's going to be difficult to speculate just how many people before him got hit with that shit.

I would imagine it was because he only actually got caught once, and it was before a fight, so they couldnt really prove(even though it is obvious) that he had cheated before

Cotto took an absolute beating off him the first time, that could have been career ending

Ive always said, with or without loaded gloves Margarito was a bad match up for Cotto, even in the rematch yiu can see Cotto fade a little and Marg coming on just before the stoppage, mind you that was a busted and damaged Margarito.

I would imagine it was because he only actually got caught once, and it was before a fight, so they couldnt really prove(even though it is obvious) that he had cheated before

Cotto took an absolute beating off him the first time, that could have been career ending
well how many times do you need to get caught? lol

i don't care if it's before or after the fight, the dirty shit should've been thrown in jail. even nazeem was shocked that they actually let him fight, he said he expected they'd lock his ass up immediately.

Ive always said, with or without loaded gloves Margarito was a bad match up for Cotto, even in the rematch yiu can see Cotto fade a little and Marg coming on just before the stoppage, mind you that was a busted and damaged Margarito.

true but there is a case to be made that cotto was already diminished from the beating he took in the first fight. margarito could take a punch, and he was huge, so he was never an easy fight for anyone (except a pissed off shane, lol), but there was an obvious difference between the first and second fight in how much damage he could do. anyone who doesn't think his gloves were loaded for the first cotto fight is a damn fool.

well how many times do you need to get caught? lol

i don't care if it's before or after the fight, the dirty shit should've been thrown in jail. even nazeem was shocked that they actually let him fight, he said he expected they'd lock his ass up immediately.

true but there is a case to be made that cotto was already diminished from the beating he took in the first fight. margarito could take a punch, and he was huge, so he was never an easy fight for anyone (except a pissed off shane, lol), but there was an obvious difference between the first and second fight in how much damage he could do. anyone who doesn't think his gloves were loaded for the first cotto fight is a damn fool.
Cant argue with that, a Marharito advocate can point out that night of the Mosley fight all of Marg’s previous opponents’ corner men did not object to Margs wraps, suddenly Nazzim catches him and now his whole career wins prior to that fight are now in question, but as I said, the state athletic commision and cornermen did not find anything wrong, but yet as @XThe GreatestX pointed out, Margs performance diminished instantly the night he got caught which does further speculate he did load his gloves for previous fights since he was a completely different fighter from there on

Cant argue with that, a Marharito advocate can point out that night of the Mosley fight all of Marg’s previous opponents’ corner men did not object to Margs wraps, suddenly Nazzim catches him and now his whole career wins prior to that fight are now in question, but as I said, the state athletic commision and cornermen did not find anything wrong, but yet as @XThe GreatestX pointed out, Margs performance diminished instantly the night he got caught which does further speculate he did load his gloves for previous fights since he was a completely different fighter from there on
Shane would have wrecked Margarito on his best night.

Since never.

The loaded gloves argument is nonsense from people who've already made their mind up and are unwilling to do the proper research.

Since never.

The loaded gloves argument is nonsense from people who've already made their mind up and are unwilling to do the proper research.
what fucking research? dude was caught with plaster blocks in his gloves, with 20 witnesses.

Before he was caught red handed.. obviously Cotto but remember Lujan's ear - suss as fuck.. and just after losing to Santos.
Regardless, his career is smoke, as if he never had one.
And Pacman beating seven bales o shite out of him was poetic retribution.

Back