How long do you think Margarito was loading his gloves?

what fucking research? dude was caught with plaster blocks in his gloves, with 20 witnesses.

Liar.

He wasn't caught with plaster at all, he had an old wrap that was too stiff to meet requirements. The allegation was that the wrap was wet and stiff. That then transcended into 'plaster of paris' - It's been proven beyond doubt, with actual scientific evidence that plaster of paris would be impossible to create in a boxing glove, it's a ludicrous idea.

Nazim Richardson said he saw plaster blocks fall out of the wraps, this was later proven to be completely false, you can see all of the documented evidence, the evidence is a hand wrap that's old and not legal. That does not in any way, shape or form equate to blocks of plaster.

Miguel Cotto showed a picture of Margarito's hand wraps after he was celebrating in the ring, he accused a piece of fluff on the wrap as being a crack in the plaster. That's the kind of evidence we are talking about here. If you had plastered casts on your hands, would you be walking around the ring shaking people's hands with your wraps fully exposed and supposedly cracked? It's laughable.

If they had any evidence at all that suggested Margarito had plaster in his gloves, they'd have pursued a criminal investigation. The evidence isn't there, the accusation is based off the plaster of paris idea, which would be laughed away in court due to how it's proven to be impossible to implement under a boxing glove.

If you look at this with an open and objective mind, yet still believe that Margarito had literal plaster under his gloves you are an idiot, plain and simple. If you do disagree, show me the pictures of the plaster please and we can go from there.

Liar.

He wasn't caught with plaster at all, he had an old wrap that was too stiff to meet requirements. The allegation was that the wrap was wet and stiff. That then transcended into 'plaster of paris' - It's been proven beyond doubt, with actual scientific evidence that plaster of paris would be impossible to create in a boxing glove, it's a ludicrous idea..
A Department of Justice senior criminalist who inspected the wrappings under stereomicroscope and X-ray flourescence spectrometer reported calcium and sulfur were discovered, noting the elements make plaster of Paris with the addition of oxygen. The report was dated March 19. "The commission's decision appears to be supported by that report," said Karen Chappelle, the state supervising deputy attorney general for licensing who urged the California commission to revoke the fighter and trainer's licenses. "The only things that are allowed in hand wraps are gauze and tape and those items aren't gauze and tape."

Why was there sulfur and calcium present in his wraps?

Why was there sulfur and calcium present in his wraps?

Do you really need that explained? You can find the answer pretty quickly with google.

If this is your argument, you must actually believe that Margarito had an active plaster compound in his wraps that hardened over a half an hour period, or is the calcium and sulfur not an inference of plaster? Forgive me for being skeptical, but that doesn't work, you can't make plaster like that.

So keeping this logically consistent, that must also mean that he had those hardened, plaster casts on when he was celebrating and shaking hands with everyone after the Cotto fight, and every fight before that depending on how long you think Margarito was cooking up plaster in front of two officials and a representative from the other camp.

This plaster stuff is nonsense, and traces of calcium and sulphur are completely admissable.

This plaster stuff is nonsense, and traces of calcium and sulphur are completely admissable.

Without reading all of this, so why then was he asked to remove the wraps and do them again?

Without reading all of this, so why then was he asked to remove the wraps and do them again?

Because Nazim complained that they didn't look right, and he was correct, they were older and stiffer than usual. Hand wraps go stiff when they are old.

He then said that blocks of plaster fell out of the gloves which is complete nonsense, no such evidence exists.

Luis Resto used to have to dip his hands in plaster to get it to harden for fights. Margarito apparently rubbed some plaster on his wraps.

Not sure how far back, but I’m thinking his gloves were loaded in the Kermit Cintron fights.
That was the first fight I thought of.... I was rooting for Kermit cause I knew nothing about this Margarito guy. The way Tony hurt Cintron I was like "damn!!! Kermit crumbled like dude got bricks in his gloves" LOL lo' an behold...

Interesting stuff, maybe this is Nazzim Richardson’s way of psychological warfare, he didnt like the way Trinidad’s hands were wrapped, only difference was there was no suspension, De La Hoya and even Vargas’ people didnt find anything wrong with his wraps.

Because Nazim complained that they didn't look right, and he was correct, they were older and stiffer than usual. Hand wraps go stiff when they are old.

He then said that blocks of plaster fell out of the gloves which is complete nonsense, no such evidence exists.

Luis Resto used to have to dip his hands in plaster to get it to harden for fights. Margarito apparently rubbed some plaster on his wraps.
I thought it was the strips lining the knuckles that he was dipping in water before wrapping them.

Interesting stuff, maybe this is Nazzim Richardson’s way of psychological warfare, he didnt like the way Trinidad’s hands were wrapped, only difference was there was no suspension, De La Hoya and even Vargas’ people didnt find anything wrong with his wraps.
I think the difference was if the materials had a tendency to harden during the fight or not. Not liking the wraps could be anything.

Liar.

He wasn't caught with plaster at all, he had an old wrap that was too stiff to meet requirements. The allegation was that the wrap was wet and stiff. That then transcended into 'plaster of paris' - It's been proven beyond doubt, with actual scientific evidence that plaster of paris would be impossible to create in a boxing glove, it's a ludicrous idea.

Nazim Richardson said he saw plaster blocks fall out of the wraps, this was later proven to be completely false, you can see all of the documented evidence, the evidence is a hand wrap that's old and not legal. That does not in any way, shape or form equate to blocks of plaster.

Miguel Cotto showed a picture of Margarito's hand wraps after he was celebrating in the ring, he accused a piece of fluff on the wrap as being a crack in the plaster. That's the kind of evidence we are talking about here. If you had plastered casts on your hands, would you be walking around the ring shaking people's hands with your wraps fully exposed and supposedly cracked? It's laughable.

If they had any evidence at all that suggested Margarito had plaster in his gloves, they'd have pursued a criminal investigation. The evidence isn't there, the accusation is based off the plaster of paris idea, which would be laughed away in court due to how it's proven to be impossible to implement under a boxing glove.

If you look at this with an open and objective mind, yet still believe that Margarito had literal plaster under his gloves you are an idiot, plain and simple. If you do disagree, show me the pictures of the plaster please and we can go from there.

oh yeah, the only evidence they had was a photo that cotto showed them.

that, and the fact that they confiscated his wet fucking handwraps.

According to Judd Burstein, the attorney for Mosley, Margarito had wet pads in the wrapping. Mosley's doctor, Robert Olvera, likened the material to the type of plaster used to make casts. Burstein said he seized the pad removed from the wrapping and another pad found in Margarito's dressing room. Both were placed in a sealed box that was given to Lohuis for further study.[18] The California Department of Justice laboratory later confirmed the substance to be similar in nature to plaster of Paris.[19]

you act as if this was naazim richardson posting something on instagram, not the fucking DoJ and the AC actually investigating.

you do realize margarito and his team didn't deny having loaded fucking handwraps, right? their defense was that the trainer put it in there accidentally, and that margarito didn't know about it.

but i'm sure cotto looked like he took a bat to the face in the first fight because margarito is so awesome, and margarito suddenly stopped being that devastating puncher the moment they found the completely harmless wet handwraps.

According to Judd Burstein, the attorney for Mosley, Margarito had wet pads in the wrapping. Mosley's doctor, Robert Olvera, likened the material to the type of plaster used to make casts. Burstein said he seized the pad removed from the wrapping and another pad found in Margarito's dressing room. Both were placed in a sealed box that was given to Lohuis for further study.[18] The California Department of Justice laboratory later confirmed the substance to be similar in nature to plaster of Paris.[19]

you act as if this was naazim richardson posting something on instagram, not the fucking DoJ and the AC actually investigating.

you do realize margarito and his team didn't deny having loaded fucking handwraps, right? their defense was that the trainer put it in there accidentally, and that margarito didn't know about it.

but i'm sure cotto looked like he took a bat to the face in the first fight because margarito is so awesome, and margarito suddenly stopped being that devastating puncher the moment they found the completely harmless wet handwraps.
ok. This sounds right. I recall there being a big investigation and all this shit.

+ You are correct. Margs has never denied that the wraps weren't loaded. Only that there was a mistake

Liar.

sooooo. Margaritos manager who was there also says something fell out....

timestamped for ya.

Prez, why did Margarito get suspended then? Not coming at you, but I've seen you defend him before and I'm just wondering that, if what you say is true, how could a disciplinary case be made? Even if Naazim was full of shit, they wouldn't have suspended him just because of a rumor. I'll keep an open mind on this, I'd just like to hear the counter evidence. I do agree, that the picture Cotto used in the Face Off wasn't very convincing.

Got to agree with this. I won't make a judgement on whether or not Tony knew his hands were being wrapped in a questionable manner but someone was at worst, trying to pull a fast one or at best someone was incompetent, which could have ended up with someone getting hurt.

Got to agree with this. I won't make a judgement on whether or not Tony knew his hands were being wrapped in a questionable manner but someone was at worst, trying to pull a fast one or at best someone was incompetent, which could have ended up with someone getting hurt.
Lol at someone making a mistake.. how could he not feel that??

Cotto was never the same after the beating Margarito gave him. It's very naive to believe Margarito was oblivious.

So where is the evidence?

You said he had plaster in his gloves, now you're telling me he had wet hand wraps, which one is it? Plaster blocks falling out of someones wraps is a bit different than wet gauze falling out, don't you think?

You are incorrect about what his team said, they admitted fault in that the gauze was not legal (the gauze is what is rolled up to make the padding that goes with the wraps). They did not at any point suggest the gloves were loaded, some of you really need to understand what kind of allegation you are making when you said plaster blocks and loaded gloves.

Having gauze that is not considered legal because it was wet, does not equal plaster blocks. There is no possible way those wraps could have turned to plaster over the course of the fight. They've done an experiment on this, it failed, it can't be done.

Please explain to me how that wet wrap turns into plaster, seeing as you clearly think that Magrarito was punching with plaster casts and THEN parading them around the ring shaking peoples hands.

Back