How long does it take you to fall asleep?

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Sleep is very important for good health. How long does it take you to fall asleep, or how long do you give yourself to fall asleep before you give up?

Depends on what kind of day I had, if I worked out hard and allowed myself enough time to wind down after work no more than 15 minutes. My issue typically is waking up in the middle of the night or in the morning. But I always try to get a minimum of 8 hours of sleep at night. Anyone that tells you that you can be fine with sleeping 5-6 hours is full of shit.

I go to bed at 9:26, and if I'm not asleep by 9:40 or so, I take a sleep formula.

Should I give myself more time?

When I’m good and ready for bed I can fall asleep in like 2 minutes.

2mg of melatonin and I'm out in less than half an hour

Pretty much my whole life, even if I havent slept in days..it takes me 30-45mins to fall asleep. So fucking annoying.

Between 2 minutes and 2 hours. It just depends. I have started using some sort of "non habit forming" sleep aid for those nights I can't fall asleep. Sucks laying there not able to sleep. I usually kill time by trying to wake the wife up for play time. It rarely goes over well.

Sometimes I remember getting to bed but I don't remember how long it takes for me to fall asleep. My wife sometimes get mad at me for falling asleep too fast.

It used to take 30 - 90 minutes. But after I stopped intake of caffeine it now only takes about 10 minutes almost every time.

Now a days I can sleep on a drop of a dime. With a infant and a 3 year old with certain medical needs I have nights where I barely sleep. It would be rare that I sleep for 6+ hours straight without interruption. Heck it'd not often that I get 6 hours of sleep total period. Last night though I got probably a good 8 hours total. Baby sleeps well and often times through the night, but that little bastard wanted to eat at 2:45 am. Woke up about 3-4 times between 9 pm and 6 am.

200mg Seroquel and I'm out like a light within an hour

I think 5-10 min on average. But sometimes in can be a lot longer.

On a bad night it can take a long-time, tossing, turning, adjusting my pillow ---as much as 30 - 45 seconds.

around 5-20 mins. Daysleeper here, so I'm already exhausted when I hit the bed.

Depends on if I take a nap that day.

I wake up at 430 sometimes 330 to get to the gym, go to work, come home around 330 or so, and try and go to bed around 9 pm.

If I take a 30 minute nap when I get home, it takes me awhile to sleep that night. Probably about 30-40 min. If no nap, it probably takes about 5-10 min.

I have ADHD, so I take a lot of meds. Could that be why I have trouble sleeping?

If I'm tired, still about an hour. If I'm not that tired, about an hour and half.

The good news is, once I'm out, I get up for nothing. I need two alarm clocks to wake up. Being a night owl is a habit I'll never break, even though I have to get up by 6 am for work.

but seriously, within a minute of laying down. I've fallen asleep mid conversation with my wife.

though in the past few months I've notice I cant sleep past 5am. I'm in bed by 11 so guess it's not too bad.

Back