How long does it take you to fall asleep?

However long it takes for the NyQuil to kick in.

For. Fucking. Ever. I will be yawning hard, barely able to keep my eyes open, but as soon as I lay down my mind is like, "Oh, by the way: FUCK YOU FUCKER," and will keep me up for an hour to two hours. And then I'll only sleep in bursts of a couple hours before waking up and needing another half hour or so to pass back out.

My sleep schedule is in ruins. I only sleep well during the day, I think perhaps I am half Vampire.

Taking melatonin and GABA last night I was out in minutes. Can't even remember falling asleep, felt more like melting into the bed and waking up feeling nice and calm 11 hours later.

A few minutes after I close my eyes.

I have a habit of looking at my alarm clock while I'm in bed, and just give up if I'm not asleep in 20 minutes.

How do I break this habit?

I usually read in bed for 15-20 minutes before sleeping. As soon as i put my book down, I am out in 2 minutes or less.

Anywhere from immediately to not being able to.

Hope this helps.

When I was a kid up until maybe 21 or 22 I would lie awake for hours before finally falling asleep, because my mind just wouldn't stop. Then I started meditating and learned to quiet the mind and all that, so now I tend to fall asleep within 15 minutes.

For some years now I have had terrible sleep issues. I used to work a lot of night shifts.
I work evenings now I but I still sleep the same hours as if I was still working nights near enough.

I should see a dr really.

I take half a Nytol and jerk off before I goto sleep and I'm usually out within 15-20 minutes.

Tiger Woods sleeps 5 hours a night and has since he was a teenager, and he's done ok for himself.

If you like drug and spousal abuse, I guess he has.

I can sleep anytime I can get horizontal. I can't sleep sitting up in a chair but when I lay down on my side in bed or on a couch, I can sleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. I had an MRI a couple of weeks ago and fell asleep in the tube.

I'm a great sleeper, I usually go to bed between 11pm and midnight and I'm asleep in less than 5 minutes every time.

I can normally fall asleep within a few minutes once I actually lay down. My issue is that I tend to stay up watching Netflix or YouTube videos until late into the night. One video turns into twenty, and before I know it it's 3am.

Once I try... 5 minutes maybe

I'm like my old dad, I can sleep anywhere, anytime and with anyone.

It used to take 30 - 90 minutes. But after I stopped intake of caffeine it now only takes about 10 minutes almost every time.

I don’t drink caffeine either. I have energy all day long and when it’s time for bed, it’s lights out.

Back