how long for back arch

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
does it take to develop a decent back arch to hit polish throws suplexes ect drilling the motion by yourself? i really wana add suplexes into my game do you think 3 months could be reasonable time drilling it say 3 times a week for like 5 minutes?

Depends on your mobility, strength, and recovery. Given how you asked the question though, I don't think you'll manage to do it in 3 months without hurting yourself.

It depends, your baseline flexibility and age are a factor.

Couple of years ago i did bridges after every training session and managed to get decent results, was even able to do "reverse" push ups.
Stopped doing bridges and now i regressed to the starting point, so you need to be consistent and increase the difficulty of the exercise as you progress.
The end point isn't being able to back arch, your goal should be to do circles with your head as a fulcrum.

Last edited:
Do a lot of bridging exercises. Find a wall and make your back face it, then reach up and bridge backwards and walk your hands down until you reach the bottom.

The right coach can have you doing them in one practice

there is also a difference between being able to mechanically perform a back bridge solo and having the confidence to launch someone once you get to the position. You really need to practice throwing with a dummy and with people too.

The right coach can have you doing them in one practice

yeah before i go to the wrestling college ucf n orlando i wana have some fundamental body movements down so i dont annoy them when drilling certain moves

would you recommend me anything else movement wise to work on by myself?

there is also a difference between being able to mechanically perform a back bridge solo and having the confidence to launch someone once you get to the position. You really need to practice throwing with a dummy and with people too.

yes but 1 step at a time i need to get my body to do the movement right first

like baseball you have to throw strikes before you throw heat or any junk ball pitches

yeah before i go to the wrestling college ucf n orlando i wana have some fundamental body movements down so i dont annoy them when drilling certain moves

would you recommend me anything else movement wise to work on by myself?
Bridges, wall walks, assisted back arches, kick overs

You're over thinking a very simple movement. Stand with you back facing a wall, roughly 3ft away from it.

Look straight up and back until you start falling and then catch yourself on the wall with your hands.

After a few times, try to catch yourself on the walk lower and lower. You should be able to make some improvements after a couple of minutes doing this.

Back