How long until Khabib shoots for his first takedown ?

cheesus

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I think Khabib's best shot is to put the pressure on Conor straight away, no moments of reading each other, no glove touching. Similar to Sonnens approach, he would spam takedowns straight away and usually had good success. He can't let Conor start to get loose, relaxed and gauge distance. If Khabib waits around to set something up it's going to be a repeat of the Alvarez fight. He is going to hesitate and half commit to level changes.

He already said he's not going to box at all.

He'll run through Conor.

No point to let Mcgregor flow... jump on him quick. Test that Danis coached grappling.

I think Khabib's best shot is to put the pressure on Conor straight away, no moments of reading each other, no glove touching. Similar to Sonnens approach, he would spam takedowns straight away and usually had good success. He can't let Conor start to get loose, relaxed and gauge distance. If Khabib waits around to set something up it's going to be a repeat of the Alvarez fight. He is going to hesitate and half commit to level changes.

I say in 10 seconds.

I don't think he's going to rush in reclessly right off the bat, but the first shot will come within the first minute of the fight for sure.

He’ll pin Conor against the cage and take him down from the clinch. He’s not gonna bother with shooting.

Bout 3.50 seconds after the fight starts

He doesn't have a explosive double that covers distance like Sonnen does, he's gonna have to work his way in and rushing that would be death.

He doesn't have a explosive double that covers distance like Sonnen does, he's gonna have to work his way in and rushing that would be death.
-guy who doesn't know anything about wrestling. Explosive doubles aren't the only way to close distance "safely"

Within seconds or else it’ll be Aldo 2.0

How about that single?

HarmlessLoneBarb-max-14mb.gif

Or Conors hands drop low on a feint TD and Khabib comes in swinging hooks to his jump knee and lights out

No really, Khabib is gonna stalk Conor down at all costs and unfortunately is gonna have to swing to close the final distance needed to grab him. I know Conor will tag him, if Khabib walks through the shots then we know how the fight goes

Khabibs shoots arent good. He has to get to the cage to do work. The reason he succesfully shot on Al Iaquinta was because of 1 day notice

Khabibs shoots arent good. He has to get to the cage to do work. The reason he succesfully shot on Al Iaquinta was because of 1 day notice
Iaquinta was in camp for another fight and has been wrestling his entire life. Conor's doesn't have as good tdd on his best day.

Nice try.

Back