How many controllers have you broken in anger?

Spoken

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
since you’ve started gaming, how many times have you snapped a controller?

I think I’ve broken 2 ps4 controllers and a remote. Fifa eats my soul sometimes

Never broken one, surprisingly. One of my PS3 controllers had to be taken apart though so I could fix an internal piece I broke by chucking it on tile. Still works like a champ though.

None. I was playing fight night several years ago and kept rocking a buddy and he’d keep clinching and recovering. There were at least 5 times. After the last one, he one punch ko’d me and I launched my controller across the room and dented my laptop. Controller survived.

zero.. that shit is expensive bro... i value my property.. dont hate the controller.. hate the player... not yourself.. the other one...

Three and two of them were in the same night. Expensive boss.

None because I'm not a tantrum prone baby.

I've broken a couple of nes controllers as a kid, but I don't recall breaking any controlers since the early 90's.

I did however watch a friend of mine throw an awesome video game spaz playing the original Xbox. He grabbed his controller by the cord and smashed it to pieces and did the same with another controller.

He then ejected the game and cracked the disc in half, the he opened up the cases to his other games and cracked those n half too. The next day I went over to his house and he had his Xbox neatley wrapped and ready to ship as he sold it on Amazon :D

I've broken a couple of nes controllers as a kid, but I don't recall breaking any controlers since the early 90's.

I did however watch a friend of mine throw an awesome video game spaz playing the original Xbox. He grabbed his controller by the cord and smashed it to pieces and did the same with another controller.

He then ejected the game and cracked the disc in half, the he opened up the cases to his other games and cracked those n half too. The next day I went over to his house and he had his Xbox neatley wrapped and ready to ship as he sold it on Amazon :D
He went all in on that one.

I dropped my set against PL during an MKX ESL by a hair because I made two bad reads. I didn't throw my controller but I punched my wall. It is what it is.

Last edited:
I've never gotten that pissed over any game, even Ninja Gaiden Black, or stuff like that. I just put the controller down and take a break, as I don't think it is smart to break your controller when the controller is the means to beat the challenge you failed at.

My dad snapped my Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 cd when I was like 11 cause I told him to fuck off. He thought it was some big punishment because he thought no disk meant no play.... got a crack online and kept playin.

too much maybe 3-5 a year from wear & tear but mostly from being a "tantrum prone baby"

A super nintendo controller when I was a kid. Got a whuppin for it.

Now I just step back for a few.

My brother threw a dreamcast controller at me because I kept spanking him at soul caliber.

Smacked that shit out of the air like a ninja and it busted like the bitch that threw it.

I broke one xbox controller while playing ninja gaiden on the hardest mode

Never did it again . Nowadays I very much want to at certain points especially when I am playing MP games and the opponent escaped with like 2 percent of his hp, etc.

The only time I have ever broken controllers was playing MW2. I broke 2 in a week then didnt have the money to buy another one so I had to build a controller from the 2 I had broken lol.

My dad snapped my Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 cd when I was like 11 cause I told him to fuck off. He thought it was some big punishment because he thought no disk meant no play.... got a crack online and kept playin.

You are lucky he didn't beat your ass.

Back