How many controllers have you broken in anger?

I broke a PS4 controller maybe a year ago. I think I was playing Nioh. Other then that I can’t recall breaking any others. Definitely thrown them before, guess I’ve been lucky

1 ps2 controller in a Mortal Kombat game. I was doing that survivor mode where your life doesn't refill or it only refills a little bit. Kept getting beat by the same guy and I got pissed threw the controller on the ground and snapped it. The worst part about it was the controller and console belonged to my older brother so I had to quickly save up my lunch money to buy a new one before he came back from out of town to get it.

I've never broken a controller myself before... my cousin used to biff nes controllers at the TV and yell "why didn't you do what I told you to do"

Zero. Might as well flush $60 down the toilet. When I think of someone breaking a controller out of rage I think of a kid who has their mom and dad pay for their shit. Not saying that's you, TS.

I’ve broken about 12 PS4 controllers and 6 disks in my day. Granted I’m a stronger than average human, usually filled with preworkout while playing rage games. It’s a costly combination. I don’t even intend to break the things, I’m just OP.

I was going through my SNES stuff a couple months back and saw a handful of controllers taped together. One of the few things I generally get visually and vocally angry at in life are games., and it's usually when I don't feel in control of them. I've gotten significantly better, but lag in online games, bugs, unoptimized games crashing or slowing down to a crawl, random mouse or controller disconnects on the PC side and the left Joycon issue with the Switch all still get me. Lag and glitches are easily the worst for me though as it's giving up control and parity. I was just cursing at a user created Broforce level the other day because of glitches and slowdown on hard difficulty made it a nightmare.

The thing is I can curse at the game but that never carries over on to interacting with people or pets around me at the time, so it never bleeds over.

I've never gotten that pissed over any game, even Ninja Gaiden Black, or stuff like that. I just put the controller down and take a break, as I don't think it is smart to break your controller when the controller is the means to beat the challenge you failed at.
Ninja Garden Black was tough. Still never beat the end

None cause i am not a rage child.

Not to say i don't swear at my games but I don't risk damaging my items.

None cause i am not a rage child.

Not to say i don't swear at my games but I don't risk damaging my items.
Lol this. How the hell these adults justify breaking a video game controller out of anger is beyond me.

Therapy would be a good idea.

Oh god... I have broke a lot of stuff in my 30 years of gaming, I remember most of it and what I was playing (usually)

Joysticks:
2x CH flight stick pro (X wing vs Tie Fighter)
Logitech Wingman attack 2 (X wing: Alliance)
Logitech Wingman Attack 3 (SW battlefront)
Nes Quickshot (Final Fantasy, game froze when I had the turbo on buying potions, hadnt saved recently)
Snes Advantage (King Arthurs world)

Controllers:
2x SNES controller (FFII, Super Return of the Jedi)
Logitech Dual Action (Bionic Commando on NES emulator)

Keyboards:
Saitek Eclipse (Black Ops)
Microsoft explorer (Everquest)
Dell keyboard (WoW)
A few other keyboards (UT2K4, other fps)

Other:
2x Rock band Fender Strat
GH3 Gibson Explorer
GHWT Guitar
GH3 Gibson Les Paul

At least a half dozen pairs of headphones, including 2 Sennheisers, and 2 Sony MDR's.

Ive never broke a mouse or an XB/PS controller, and since buying an expensive Mechanical Keyboard, I wouldnt think about touching it in anger.

Also, Im amazed that some of you have broke NES controllers, those things are nigh indestructible.

Oh god... I have broke a lot of stuff in my 30 years of gaming, I remember most of it and what I was playing (usually)

Joysticks:
2x CH flight stick pro (X wing vs Tie Fighter)
Logitech Wingman attack 2 (X wing: Alliance)
Logitech Wingman Attack 3 (SW battlefront)
Nes Quickshot (Final Fantasy, game froze when I had the turbo on buying potions, hadnt saved recently)
Snes Advantage (King Arthurs world)

Controllers:
2x SNES controller (FFII, Super Return of the Jedi)
Logitech Dual Action (Bionic Commando on NES emulator)

Keyboards:
Saitek Eclipse (Black Ops)
Microsoft explorer (Everquest)
Dell keyboard (WoW)
A few other keyboards (UT2K4, other fps)

Other:
2x Rock band Fender Strat
GH3 Gibson Explorer
GHWT Guitar
GH3 Gibson Les Paul

At least a half dozen pairs of headphones, including 2 Sennheisers, and 2 Sony MDR's.

Ive never broke a mouse or an XB/PS controller, and since buying an expensive Mechanical Keyboard, I wouldnt think about touching it in anger.

Also, Im amazed that some of you have broke NES controllers, those things are nigh indestructible.
{<redford}

I've probably broken about 20 over the years. Snapped a few keyboards too.

<codychoke>

I clearly recall taking an Atari 2600 joystick by the base and breaking the stick off.

I threw another controller into a door. Dreamcast, maybe

Back