How many controllers have you broken in anger?

1 ps2 controller in a Mortal Kombat game. I was doing that survivor mode where your life doesn't refill or it only refills a little bit. Kept getting beat by the same guy and I got pissed threw the controller on the ground and snapped it. The worst part about it was the controller and console belonged to my older brother so I had to quickly save up my lunch money to buy a new one before he came back from out of town to get it.
giphy.gif

since you’ve started gaming, how many times have you snapped a controller?

I think I’ve broken 2 ps4 controllers and a remote. Fifa eats my soul sometimes
Me and my older brother fought to damn near death cus he broke one of my Sega genesis remotes....i beat the hell out that boy and we was playing street fighter and he kept losing so he smashes my remote into like 100 peices so we went to war instantly lol

What's a controller?

#pcmasterrace

hi i didnt want to neco resurect the fact i cant beat great tiger in MT punchout and no i wasnt trolling .. i can beat great tiger but not using a emulator i cant .. i cant beat MT punchout on the regular console i can get up to bald bull part two
do you play NES with the computer ? i would buy the games from google play but my controller wont work for it .. so i use nestopia .. i buy the game online ofcourse :: winks::
what emulator do you use for old school games if you play old school at all ?

maybe i should try another emulator , maybe use mac computer , or maybe get a new controller .. retro games controller which is more expensive .. or maybe try super punchout for super nes and get super nes controller

none, it's a goddamn video game.

None because I mainly played Nintendo, and if there's one thing Nintendo does well, it's making tough controllers.

Make that 13 controllers. Extreme Behemoth in MHW was too op.

Lol this. How the hell these adults justify breaking a video game controller out of anger is beyond me.

Therapy would be a good idea.
Collateral damage. The intent isn’t to break the controller, it’s a biproduct of frustration. No different than idiots who throw shit when their favorite football team loses.

I have the wrong hobby if a game ever triggered me to that degree. I play games to avoid stress.

When I was a kid I broke couple Super Nintendo controllers and Sega Genesis controller.

As I've gotten older I don't really bother throwing controllers because they are so damn expensive.

However, the last controller I did destroy when I was living in downtown St. Louis was pretty lulzy when looking back on it. I don't remember what I was playing on PS2 but I had a meltdown and ripped the controller from the system, opened the door to my balcony and launched my controller 10 floors down into the swimming pool below. It was late and night and I don't thing anyone saw me. The next day when I left for work though, I saw it floating in the pool as I was walking by.

Oh god... I have broke a lot of stuff in my 30 years of gaming, I remember most of it and what I was playing (usually)

Joysticks:
2x CH flight stick pro (X wing vs Tie Fighter)
Logitech Wingman attack 2 (X wing: Alliance)
Logitech Wingman Attack 3 (SW battlefront)
Nes Quickshot (Final Fantasy, game froze when I had the turbo on buying potions, hadnt saved recently)
Snes Advantage (King Arthurs world)

Controllers:
2x SNES controller (FFII, Super Return of the Jedi)
Logitech Dual Action (Bionic Commando on NES emulator)

Keyboards:
Saitek Eclipse (Black Ops)
Microsoft explorer (Everquest)
Dell keyboard (WoW)
A few other keyboards (UT2K4, other fps)

Other:
2x Rock band Fender Strat
GH3 Gibson Explorer
GHWT Guitar
GH3 Gibson Les Paul

At least a half dozen pairs of headphones, including 2 Sennheisers, and 2 Sony MDR's.

Ive never broke a mouse or an XB/PS controller, and since buying an expensive Mechanical Keyboard, I wouldnt think about touching it in anger.

Also, Im amazed that some of you have broke NES controllers, those things are nigh indestructible.
<SelenaWow>

When I was a kid I broke couple Super Nintendo controllers and Sega Genesis controller.

As I've gotten older I don't really bother throwing controllers because they are so damn expensive.

However, the last controller I did destroy when I was living in downtown St. Louis was pretty lulzy when looking back on it. I don't remember what I was playing on PS2 but I had a meltdown and ripped the controller from the system, opened the door to my balcony and launched my controller 10 floors down into the swimming pool below. It was late and night and I don't thing anyone saw me. The next day when I left for work though, I saw it floating in the pool as I was walking by.

bullshit. that wasn't destroyed. you could have dried it off, plugged it right back in, and kept on tommy vercetti'ing.

None.

However, my dog did chew the crap out of the ball top on my Madcatz Chun Li edition TES arcade stick. It was only cosmetic damage. I wagged my finger at my dog, scolded him, patted him on the head, and then replaced the solid light blue ball top with a clear blue one. In the end, I was very satisfied with the minor modification.

zero but i have destroyed a thumb stick doing head stomps and hadukens in street fighter 4 and a bunch of 64 thumb sticks playing any number of games but mostly goldeneye!...

i might sound crazy but trust me i am normal
out of anger i have broken about
5 controllers
1 tv intentionally
1 tv i wasn't even angry i barely hit the tv with the remote and it cracked (fuck samsung btw)
1 2k18 cd
1 iphone 6 after a day of it getting repaired
i have destroyed many other things but its usually just me being clumsy and stupid no out of anger

Rumor has it that @deadshot138 breaks a controller every 2-3 weeks

I don't think I've ever broken a controller but I've definitely slammed it on the floor before. This was during my younger days and the controllers back then felt like tanks. Nowadays the controllers feel like they would shatter into 100000000000 pieces if I slam them so I don't do that anymore. I do stomp my feet a bit like a manchild still though lol. Sometimes also I will twist the controller a bit which probably no bueno but sometimes the RAGE is just too much. My brother and I used to stomp the shit out of our printer that was conveniently right next to where we would sit and play video games. That printer stopped working for mysterious reasons I still have not figured out.

i might sound crazy but trust me i am normal
out of anger i have broken about
5 controllers
1 tv intentionally
1 tv i wasn't even angry i barely hit the tv with the remote and it cracked (fuck samsung btw)
1 2k18 cd
1 iphone 6 after a day of it getting repaired
i have destroyed many other things but its usually just me being clumsy and stupid no out of anger

I smashed a laptop out of anger but it wasn't gaming related. I needed a new one anyways lol

One of the bumper-fin-buttons on my DSi is busted from dropping it and one of my 360 controllers bricked (not even sure what happened) but I've never thrown a gaming controller or disc.

Zero...but I sure have tried. My Xbox 360 controllers were damned near invincible...fucking Destiny and being disconnected during a raid or strike drove me crazy. My poor controllers took the brunt of my anger but somehow they held up quite well.

Back