How many here actually know how to drive?

rj144

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Because on the road, I think maybe 5% actually know how to properly drive and it drives me nuts. Let make a list of what I consider knowing how to drive properly:

1) Always use blinkers.
2) Always stop at stop signs... not yielding, actually stopping.
3) Always stop at red lights when making a right on red.
4) Yielding when at a left or right turn light when the left or right light green light turns into a green for straight traffic.
5) Going a constant speed on the highway.
6) Not going around traffic on the highway by riding the exit lane until it ends and then cutting all the traffic off.
7) Not riding in the passing lane on the highway or the left lane in a two lane road unless making a left.
8) Not stopping in a traffic circle.
9) Not using a cell phone in any manner while driving.
10) Not riding with your blinker on for 5 miles.
11) Not using your high beams at night.
12) Turning your headlights on at night.

Because every single time I drive, I do all the above, but most other drivers do not at all.

Count me in as one of the few drivers who actually follow the rules. I use to be wilder back when i was young, but now i am a boring driver and proud of it.

Learned to drive back in 1983 on a Chevy Malibu station wagon. That boat was not easy to parralel park....

canva-red-teacher-thank-you-card-MACCBoDyCro.jpg

Because on the road, I think maybe 5% actually know how to properly drive and it drives me nuts. Let make a list of what I consider knowing how to drive properly:

1) Always use blinkers.
4) Yielding when at a left or right turn light when the left or right light green light turns into a green for straight traffic.
6) Not going around traffic on the highway by riding the exit lane until it ends and then cutting all the traffic off.
7) Not riding in the passing lane on the highway or the left lane in a two lane road unless making a left.

Because every single time I drive, I do all the above, but most other drivers do not at all.

5. i sometimes go 5 over, and for the few road trips we've taken i go about 10 over.
9. i have a strict rule about not answering or texting during driving, but i am guilty about texting at red lights.
11. i do use the high beams on dark roads, but turn them off if i see an oncoming vehicle at a distance.

other than those, i'm good with all the others.

it does bother me when i'm being nice and let drivers cut in front of me (otherwise they would be waiting a long time)... only for those ungrateful sons of bitches to not say thanks or at least acknowledge what i did.

Do any Americans know how to drive? Don't you all drive automatics? ;)

it's only incels and soy boys that can't drive manuals. The rest of us normal men can drive manuals just fine.

That's good to know. I genuinely thought it was the norm in the US to drive automatic.

Our drivers training and driving tests are such a joke. Most people can barely operate a car.

That's good to know. I genuinely thought it was the norm in the US to drive automatic.
it's a dying art form for sure.

i remember when i was working at a company and they all got new trucks for the fleet. They got a manual one by mistake that had a cd player and no one got it because no one could drive it. I loved having a cd player in the work truck, until one of the supervisors found out and traded trucks with me

1) Always use blinkers.

Not only do I do all that, I drive manual transmission, so I’m at like more than 100% driving.

I often feel the same way. Very few drivers use turn signals. Other things I would add are;

Maintain proper distance, one car length per 10 mile per hour speed.

Don't change lanes until you have enough distance ahead of the vehicle you passed.

Get in the lane to exit well before the exit.

Move over or slow down when there is a disabled vehicle on the side of the road.

Pull over for emergency vehicles.

Keep your eyes on the traffic ahead of you instead of getting distracted by something else alongside the road.

13) Drive a manual car instead of an automatic one which is made for old people who don't know how to drive

TS forgot following the 2 second rule, so I know he doesn’t do that. If he did, it would have been on the list.

Also, number 7 is retarded. If everyone who wasn’t turning left stayed in the right lane, there would be endless traffic. It’s lanes are there to be used for driving.

I hate these son ov bitches that drive slow in the passing lane holding up traffic

I break #2 from time to time when it's safe to do so. If the stop sign is on an intersection with a clear view in all directions and there's no cars or pedestrians in sight, I'll slow the car to a crawl and do a final check to ensure that everything's still clear, then go through the intersection without doing a full stop.

If this pisses you off, you should see the whales that try to eat their salad by having both hands occupied on their tupperware eating and driving

Also #13. Don't lane change and realize you've moved into a on-street parking lane then immediate try to cut back in when the driver behind has closed the gap
and #14, cyclists are cunts

Our drivers training and driving tests are such a joke. Most people can barely operate a car.
There's a weird trend going on these days in the city where alot of peeps my age and younger don't have a license at all. I get it maybe you don't have the funds to afford a car at 16-26, but no they really are creeping into 30 and have no license whatsoever. Why not is beyond me, its the easiest and simple gov. issued ID you can use.

Back