How many here are addicted to alcohol?

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I was the opposite. After work I would sit on my balcony and chain smoke while drinking beer in the sun. I would rarely drink after eating dinner which may have helped.

When I was single I would grab a bag of Burger King and throw it in the fridge than drink until I was close to black out and then eat my dinner from BK.

I didn't drink Monday through Thursday this week. The longest break I've taken in over a year. For blacked out last night.

I drink about a 5th of whiskey 5 out 7 nights a week.

I do about five sets a week. I generally kill like eight shots and a couple beers a night. I have two shots before I go on stage then mingle with girls or other comedians after.

I have a reputation as a "wild and crazy comic" which god knows I've earned.

First paragraph sounds a lot like me.

Second paragraph sounds a lot like something I need to try.

Just give it a shot man, hell even start slow and see if you can go one day, one week, one month, etc. without drinking. Good luck to you man.

2 to 3 fifths bottles a week but a functioning alcoholic
when i quit.. Bacardi stock is going to plunge .. sell off now while im still drinking
;)

I used to be. I quit cold turkey for a few years in my mid 20's. I shouldn't have gone cold turkey as I ended up having a mini-seizure. Went to the ER and all of that crap. My heavy drinking back then was just from insane partying from ages 18-24. My body just got physically addicted. It wasn't "masking some pain" or that other shit that happens with people.

After a few years of getting my shit together, I realized I could drink beer and be responsible. I switched to better beers with higher alcohol content (IPAs, stouts, etc.), and I don't drink near as much in a night. If I'm going to have Budweiser or something, I can just drink it like water and won't stop. Sometimes, 4 beers is plenty for me. I probably average about a beer an hour now too, whereas I'd take down a Budweiser in 20 minutes.

Anyways, I do not drink on work days and I always drink water while I'm drinking. I would say I average 6-8 ounces of water per 12 oz of beer. I try to stop drinking at least a half hour to an hour before bed. I'll drink more water and eat. I'll normally be up the next morning before 7:30 AM and feel fine.

I was an alcoholic for 9 years and I am only 27. December 16th was a year sober. It ruined my life.... A lot of recovering alcoholics say they dont know if they will be sober 5-10 years down the road.... Well I do, never again.
I'm actually in AA right now,my drinking escalated to 10 pint glasses per drinking session and my body was feeling terrible all the time.

Booze is no different from heroin. I mean, other than society trying to push it on you non stop.

Do we have any alcoholics here? Are things going well or is life bad right now?

choose just 1

not an alcy but last time I drank a few weeks ago, I went super hard. Usually I can out drink anyone I know even someone double my size that drinks much more often. But man...this last time gave me the worst, longest hangover I've ever experienced. I even made a thread about it lasting 3 full days of misery. I don't know if I will ever drink more than 2 drinks in one night ever again. I don't know how someone can get to the point of drinking daily..different body chemistry I suppose

I'm actually in AA right now,my drinking escalated to 10 pint glasses per drinking session and my body was feeling terrible all the time.
Good too hear you realize the hold alcohol had on you and the effects it has on your health / well being. AA is the right step for many people. Good for you too decide to take back your life from booze

It amazes me how people can be alcoholics. In one night I can out-drink anyone I know, but for the week afterwards I hate even looking at anything alcohol. How do you not feel so run down and disgusting? And the horrible sleep quality etc. Really every time I drink I remember why I go so long in between indulging, and its because it does not make me feel good.

I think it must just be something with our different genetic makeup. I could never be an alcoholic. Downsides outweigh the perks way too much for me. Makes me feel gross instead of great.
Most alcoholics don't get shitfaced every time they drink, that's how they manage to do it.

I cant drink. I cant have one drink, I want all the drinks. I drink heavily on fridays. Saturdays blow but im fully recovered by Monday.

This is how I feel about sugar. I can't eat one tiny cupcake, I want to eat 20 of those fuckers.

DSyS90fXcAA9zRg.jpg

I only drink when I'm devastatingly sad nowadays. I'm more of a smoker.

When I was single I would grab a bag of Burger King and throw it in the fridge than drink until I was close to black out and then eat my dinner from BK.

That's fuckin' disgusting as shit bro... cold/old BK meal....

Good too hear you realize the hold alcohol had on you and the effects it has on your health / well being. AA is the right step for many people. Good for you too decide to take back your life from booze
thanks yeah I think I had that "moment of clarity"that addicts are supposed to have i heard from bobby lee in some dr.drew podcast.

thanks yeah I think I had that "moment of clarity"that addicts are supposed to have i heard from bobby lee in some dr.drew podcast.
Yea it takes different ways for different people to wake up. But if you ultimately want too quit you will find your way to do it.

I am 25 months sober and had my first fight November, another in June likely. You can do big things, discover what makes you happy in this transformation stage.

this forum actually made me realize I am not an alcoholic after reading the stories of the alcoholics here.
this post didn't age well now that I'm in AA lol

Back