How many here never owned any Nintendo products?

90 50

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I got to wondering about the evolution of gaming and the types of games certain people like to play.

I have never owned any version of Nintendo (until now, wife bought the kid a snes classic to play donkey Kong country and super Mario on), so technically I do, but I’m not really the one that plays it.

So I started with the Atari, when it was NEW! And used to love spending time in arcades in the mall.

My next console was a bit of a jump from there, the SEGA Master system.

They had a big deal at the Macy’s by our house where it was displayed before it was released and people there demonstrating it when they first set it up(this was a big deal on that day, like news coverage and 100’s of kids had their parents drag them up there to try and gather around and watch.

Then we all waited for release and Christmas to come to hope one was under the tree.

This was the most excited I had ever been for a game system , I still remember it today.

Anyway I had friends that had Nintendo’s and played a little, but it seemed like the SEGA and Nintendo kids started segregating themselves in the neighborhood. You’d go over to other SEGA kids houses, and Nintendo kids would do the same bringing games each other didn’t have.

From there I stayed on the SEGA track, genisis , cd, 32x.

I played pc some too at different times , Zork I spent a lot of time playing, doom and quake.

I never owned a ps1 or 2, but my roommates had them so I played them some, and actually bought some games even though I didn’t technically own the consoles(Driver and doom 2).

Anyway, from there it was a good amount of time before I bought another console, the Xbox when halo blew up. And have stayed an Xbox player off and on(I’ll play for a bit when a rare title I like comes out. )

I’ve noticed throughout my life I have a pension for more Violent games, I pretty much don’t play anything without a high possibility for mass violence.

And these are the only games that get me “off the couch” so to speak to go buy one.

I had not played anything other than the force unleashed with my kid(who’s life is Star Wars) and Star Wars battle front( he prefers force unleashed greatly) until I heard there was a new doom coming out, so that’s what got me to thinking

Since SEGA seemed to have much more mature titles for the most part then Nintendo did growing up, if that’s what has molded me towards that style of game play, and if there were others that followed the same tree.

TL:DR SEGA turned me into a mass murderer.

Only my first system. I went: NES, Genesis, PSX and PC, X-Box, PS3, back to PC.

Just the first 2 for me: Atari, NES, SNES and Genesis, PS1, 360 (will get either an XBox One or PS4 sometime after RDR2 drops)

I had a NES and SNES (and Gameboy if you count that) and it ended there.

I've bought
NES
SNES
N64
Gamecube
WII
WII U
SNES mini
So yeah I've bought a few

I had gameboy in the early 90s and bought a gameboy advanced a few years ago, but never owned any of the main consoles. I had a megadrive and a playstation, but did summer-holiday long console swaps with friends who had the snes and n64. Never played any of their newer consoles.

Similar to posters above, my last Nintendo system was an SNES. I've been mostly Sony/PC since; I did own the original Xbox and had a 360 for about a year.

Ok..
My oldet brother had the atari that looked like wood.
Then i got..
Nes
He got sega master system.
Then i got..
Genesis
Gameboy
Game gear
Snes
Tg16
Atari lynx
Then he got a atari jaguar
Then i continued to get..
Turbo express
Sega cd
32x
N64
Ps1
Gamecube
Ps2
Ps3

This is all while playing dos/windows games.

Im now thinking of a ps4, but no backwards compatibility really irks me. All these ps3 games require an update. An update that connects to some server. Now, this server and this update proves that my psn account owns these games. So why not use that proof to let me download my ps3 games onto my ps4?

Sega Master System
Sega Genesis
Sega Saturn
Nintendo 64
Sega Dreamcast
Nintendo GameCube
PS2
Xbox
Wii
Xbox 360
PS3
Wii-U
X1
Switch

HERE. Sega master system, genesis, PlayStation 2 (I had a life for a few years, PS 3, PS 4.

Oops, I suck. My kids had wii and Wii U.

The only major home console I skipped was the WiiU. I thought it looked like a POS from the start so I dodged that bullet. Love my Switch

My brother had a Gameboy but I've never owned or even played any Nintendo stuff apart from Mario. Nintendo's consoles always seemed underpowered and well behind the other 2. The Wii looked gimmicky as hell. The Wii U looked like a disaster. I might buy a Switch when they release the newer, better version.

I never owned any of that Nintendo filth. Sega for life!

... yeah i'm fucking kidding, i buy pretty much any gaming device i can get my claws on.

NES and SNES were musts back when (especially to get one's Final Fantasy on) but like many others, leapt over to the Sega Genesis platform myself at some point – absolutely used to love Kid Chameleon, Flashback, and Pit-Fighter. Fast-forward to now and for me it's the PS4 Pro. Now-gen Nintendo seems largely kid-orientated or then kitsch so I can't see it making a comeback in my house.

I’ve noticed throughout my life I have a pension for more Violent games, I pretty much don’t play anything without a high possibility for mass violence.
IP checks out for 3061 Business Ln, Las Vegas, NV.

<Goldie11>

I went from a Commodore 64 to SNES to N64 to PS1 to PC and now a PS3 as well.

I had pretty much all their systems up to gamecube. Only game I had for that was Resident Evil 4.

64 was an amazing console.

Im now thinking of a ps4, but no backwards compatibility really irks me. All these ps3 games require an update. An update that connects to some server. Now, this server and this update proves that my psn account owns these games. So why not use that proof to let me download my ps3 games onto my ps4?
Because the APU used by the PS4 (and the Xbox One) is based on a X86-64 architecture, and can't run the games developed for the PS3. Sony doesn't bother developing an emulator like Microsoft did. They prefer to charge for the remasters because the fools are paying for it.

Back