How many LHWs in history could pull off the "DC gameplan" on prime Rumble?

BJ that fought Lyoto

Prime Lyoto actually would have been interesting, Lyoto probably would have caught him coming in eventually.

Prime Shogun would have been fun too, not to mention Hendo

Randy.. maybe Tito too.

Gus can beat Rumble too if he can avoid headbutts.

Not to mention he was drained all to hell.

At 205 only Jones I'd imagine if we're talking strictly subbing him. MAYBE Mousasi but I'm just tossing names right now. Randy just wasn't a submission fighter, more dirty boxer.
Remember when Rumble ducked Mousasi?

Gus eye poked him, and Rumble's fist connected before his head. Head only grazed Gus.

Short notice.

I guess Jones "ducked" the invincible Chael, who he was 100% sure he'd lose to. :rolleyes:
Rumble admitted to GM being too risky.

Gus eye poked him, and Rumble's fist connected before his head. Head only grazed Gus.

Short notice.

I guess Jones "ducked" the invincible Chael, who he was 100% sure he'd lose to. :rolleyes:
Jones ducked Chael... Rumble ducked Mousasi. Two playsafe bitches.

I like Old School fighters.

Jones ducked Chael... Rumble ducked Mousasi. Two playsafe bitches.

I like Old School fighters.
Rumble would've mauled Mousasi worse than Jones did Chael

That's all that matters, all those old school guys won't be able to remember their own names in 10 years. Who gives a shit about the respect a few Sherdoggers will give you lol
Rumble admitted to GM being too risky.
On short notice yeah, he was doing what was smart

Rumble would've mauled Mousasi worse than Jones did Chael

That's all that matters, all those old school guys won't be able to remember their own names in 10 years. Who gives a shit about the respect a few Sherdoggers will give you lol
Rumble is overrated.

Mousasi fought a lot of big LHW and even HW punchers. Rumble was just one more.

Also you seem more confident in that result that Rumble himself.. he bitched.

Rumble is overrated.

Mousasi fought a lot of big LHW and even HW punchers. Rumble was just one more.

Also you seem more confident in that result that Rumble himself.. he bitched.
Yes, just like Chael would've beaten Jones lol

Mousasi is the most overrated fighter ever, he admitted that glass chin Rockhold was a bad matchup for him, which is why he ran to Bellator
He also got KTFO in his prime by a guy who's not even top 10, and laid on by King Mo

Rumble would've slept him in 2 minutes standing, but could've also wrestlefucked him easily

So we all know that standing with Rumble is suicide, so how many LHWs in history do you think could take 2016 Rumble down and beat him that way?

Suggestions:
- Prime Randy
- Prime Jones
- Prime Shogun
- Prime Rashad
- Prime Tito
- Prime Gus (when he wants to wrestle)

Other than Jones, everyone on this list would get smashed by Rumble.

Other than Jones, everyone on this list would get smashed by Rumble.
Under PRIDE rules, and before he blew his knees out, Shogun murks him. Shogun was on another level when he won the Grand Prix.

His knees went out on him, and even a shell of himself, and hampered by losing several of his weapons by the more family friendly UFC rules to, he won the LHW title.

Machida beats him on being elusive. Randy would have found a way. Chuck would have given him problems as well. Rumble is dangerous early, but he isn't unstoppable. Shit, he couldn't even knock out Glass Jawlovski, and he was given a free shot.

I'm a big fan of Randy's but I don't see how he wins against Rumble.

Rumble isn't some James Toney in the grappling department. Phil Davis couldn't take him down once out of 8 attempts.
Randy also isn’t Phil Davis. In his prime he was the best Greco-Roman wrestler in the United States and his chin was legendary. If Rumble didn’t get him out of there in the first — which he definitely could — he wouldn’t stand a chance. Randy by UD more likely than not.

LMAO at Tito being a suggestion
Rumble would be the rightful favorite, but if he doesn’t finish Tito early he’s getting taken down and eating elbows from guard for 15 or 25 minutes. Rumble might get the TKO if he really cracks him, but he’s definitely not putting Tito to sleep. I envision this fight looking a lot like Tito vs. Vitor, which might just be the closest fight I can remember.

I like Rumble, but I believe he became a bit overrated. He's obviously a monster and a devastating striker, but he's also a front-runner. And he has a few glaring weaknesses, i.e., submission defense and cardio.

How many fighters could employ the exact game plan DC utilized? Who knows. But generally speaking, I think Rumble would find a way to lose to most of the LHW GOATs. He's never been able to persevere and get over that hump. He's right at the top of that second-tier of LHW GOATs. He reminds me of guys like Vitor and Overeem in that respect.

Damn shame we will never get to see Jon vs Rumble...Smart money is on Jon, but man.....anything can happen with Rumble power

edit: Also, never forget that at WW KOSCHECK stood TOE TO FUCKING TOE with Rumble and didnt back down a god damn inch. and won!

KoscheckJohnson4.gif

Will rewatch this fight..thank you for the gif and reminder ..looks crazzzyyyy

I like Rumble, but I believe he became a bit overrated. He's obviously a monster and a devastating striker, but he's also a front-runner. And he has a few glaring weaknesses, i.e., submission defense and cardio.

How many fighters could employ the exact game plan DC utilized? Who knows. But generally speaking, I think Rumble would find a way to lose to most of the LHW GOATs. He's never been able to persevere and get over that hump. He's right at the top of that second-tier of LHW GOATs. He reminds me of guys like Vitor and Overeem in that respect.
There’s so many legendary LHWs that I don’t even have Vitor in my top 10, and Rumble doesn’t make the cut either — but they’re both definitely right outside it.

Back