How many LHWs in history could pull off the "DC gameplan" on prime Rumble?

I'm a big fan of Randy's but I don't see how he wins against Rumble.

Rumble isn't some James Toney in the grappling department. Phil Davis couldn't take him down once out of 8 attempts.

True, but Randy is a different type of wrestler.

Couture has taken hard hits from some powerful HWs. He also has the endurance and durability to wear Rumble down and choke him out. Sorry, Rumble has power and is a decent striker but he’s just ok everywhere else.

Lyoto may have been able to outpoint Rumble too. Rampage and Wanderlei would be fireworks.

Couture has taken hard hits from some powerful HWs. He also has the endurance and durability to wear Rumble down and choke him out. Sorry, Rumble has power and is a decent striker but he’s just ok everywhere else.

Lyoto may have been able to outpoint Rumble too. Rampage and Wanderlei would be fireworks.

Igor Vovchanchyn vs Rumble would have been fucking awesome.

None of the fighters you mentioned could do it except jones. Dont see rampage surviving. Maybe coutre if roids were allowed.
i love rampage but he isnt beating rumble. Rampage can take a punch but he has been ko'd before by even wanderlei. Rumble would decimate any version of wanderlei so i dont see rampage beating him either.

I'm a big fan of Randy's but I don't see how he wins against Rumble.

Rumble isn't some James Toney in the grappling department. Phil Davis couldn't take him down once out of 8 attempts.

Randy made a career out of breaking fighters down mentally. Rumble quits after he isn't the hammer, if he becomes the nail any part of the fight, he would lose. Belfort vs randy is good example. That said it would only favor Randy a few years in his prime, whereas I think Rumble could beat Randy outside his prime. Interesting match though.

Back