How many sweeps from bottom half guard do you know?

ha ha.

The problem is I don't know the names of the moves I've learned. I know there's one where you use a hook inside their leg while capturing the far arm and use that to sweep. I know deep half and come up behind them by pulling their other leg. There's also what seems like a modified hip bump sweep (like you'd do from full guard?). There are also a few from what I've heard people call Z guard, but that's a lot easier because you have a knee shield so idk.

Anyway, my point is I dont know what they're called.

What type of half, what variations of that half goals etc etc

depends what type of half u r talking about tbh only really 3 attacks generally happen from basic half coming up to a single rolling them trapping there whizzer and sweeping with a butterfly hook

"half guard" is a loose description of a position with a number of variants.

Are you flattened out and your opponent has a crossface and underhook? You can theoretically hit an upa escape.

Do you have an underhook? You can fight to get on your knees. If your opponent attempts to whizzer, you can roll them the other way.

Do you have an overhook and knee shield? You can easily transition to omoplata.

Can you control his top side wrist? You may be able to arm drag to the back.

Look into what Lucas Leite is using. Tons of options ones you setup a underhook and knee torque.

A bunch, but I basically only use 2-3. Nothing beats coming up on a single leg with Plan B if uke pushes hard back into you. IMO the positioning and setups to get to the underhook safely are much more important than knowing a bunch of sweeps.

Like Uchi says, I know a bunch, but ~95% of my bottom game is:

Over-hook/knee-shield -> omoplata
Underhook -> knee tap/roll back/single leg
Deep half -> homer simpson/back door

I usually start with my knee shield and after that it all depends on what kind of control I manage to get, if he's postured I'll usually go for the deep half, if he tries to pressure pass me, I'll try and get an underhook and go for the back or the knee pick. If not I'll work my way for an overhook or the belt, I'll enter my butterfly hook and work to get back to butterfly, usually I get strange reactions that give me openings for butterfly sweeps or going to SLX or X guard.

Plan B, Old School, and Darce Killer are the only ones I use, or could even really demonstrate. Sometimes I can escape to my knees and threaten a back take. I’ve never been able to get good at coming up on a single.

Look into what Lucas Leite is using. Tons of options ones you setup a underhook and knee torque.

like what? without a gi theres really only 3 things he does take the back if they let go of the whizzer or try to post to stop his cutting under there base sweep and coming up to a single/dog fight

like what? without a gi theres really only 3 things he does take the back if they let go of the whizzer or try to post to stop his cutting under there base sweep and coming up to a single/dog fight

In no-gi I go to the dog fight, if the stop me from doing that I go under them. If the post both hands on the mat when you go under you can go to the back.
From the dog fight you have a lot of good options.

In no-gi I go to the dog fight, if the stop me from doing that I go under them. If the post both hands on the mat when you go under you can go to the back.
From the dog fight you have a lot of good options.
tbh i never get stuck n dog fight as soon as i get on my knees normally i have so much pressure on them with my head and positioning they go down as soon as i get to my knees i feel i got this easily

Back