How many Xmas gatherings do you attend? (Bitching inside)

Just my own, just my dude, daughter and i. We went to his dad on the 22nd.
I never got why everyone has to go everywhere. But i have a tiny family that all live in different cities so what do i know.

Happy wife is happy life. You done goofed
That's actually wrong, and isn't conducive to a long and healthy relationship.

There have even been studies suggesting that it's actually the opposite to have a successful marriage.

In the context of this thread, I think TS should just bite the bullet here, though. He just looks unreasonable and grinchy.

How is a term that talks about keeping your wife happy as a key to a successful marriage belittling? Let me guess, The Huffington Post told you it was offensive, right?
It implies that the wife is mentally incapable of handling it when things don't go their way... like a child.

That's actually wrong, and isn't conducive to a long and healthy relationship.

There have even been studies suggesting that it's actually the opposite to have a successful marriage.

In the context of this thread, I think TS should just bite the bullet here, though. He just looks unreasonable and grinchy.

Keeping your wife happy is wrong and isnt conducive to a happy relationship? Please tell me more

We only visit my parents with my girlfriend dont have to go to her parents cause they dont like me lol so only 1 and the rest of the holidays i just drink a lots of beer smoke weed and eat good

No, its keeping your wife happy at the expense of YOUR happiness that is the problem.

Right... which is why we talk about "hills you're willing to die on"...

If OP can't suck it up for a couple hours to make his wife happy seeing FAMILY on CHRISTMAS, i dont know what to say.

well I don't celebrate Christmas, but for New Year (which is a bigger holiday in Russia) I attend from 2 to 4 parties/dinners/whatever:
1. with friends
2. with my close family
3. with my more distant family
4. with wife's family

2 and 3 are sometimes combined and it's awesome.

It implies that the wife is mentally incapable of handling it when things don't go their way... like a child.

And it's completely true.

Part of being a mature adult is sucking it up for certain obligations like this.

Trust me, I’m the same boat today. Lol

Stop being a whiney baby and do what your wife wants.

Not an option. That was my first thought. I recommended that and my wife got even angrier. She says husbands and wives shouldn’t attend family functions alone.

Should probably have worked this out before getting married tbh

Do they at least host with decent food and alcohol? Just suck it up and go.

Number of Christmas events I go to depends on if I'm working. If I'm not just 1, if I am, a bunch. They usually arent fun and im usually not invited...

none my dad's in New Jersey my mom's in Texas my sister's in Nebraska and I really don't care for my other family members that live closer to me.

Back