How much can you curl?

Jack Handy jr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Strict form standing or preacher with no crazy back arching.

I know curls aren't very beneficial from a chain "functional strength" standpoint. But at my age it's the one exercise I can still do with a fuck ton of weight and not have pain.

I still do bench. but I have a bad impingement. so I don't go as nearly as heavy as I did in my 20's, and 30's.

but I'm still curling just earlier today I did 3 sets X 10 reps with 125lbs.

60+ kilos on the ez curl bar for reps. I've been working them a lot recently after neglecting them for years but I'm finding it's stressing my left elbow a little.

I prefer DB curls a lot more than BB. I think I can do around 50 lbs for 10.

Biceps are my weakest muscle genetically. I'm 6'1 with super log arms and have never had large biceps. Probably curl like 40s current but don't really focus on them.

about 110-120 when lifting consistently. I know a guy who's a former power lifter who can rep 180 strict.

trust me lads curls is the one exercise you will be able to do in your mid forties without pain. I can do other lifts but the warm up and stretch and shoulder creaks and cracks I have to endure now is rarely worth it.

watch the diet and curl

trust me lads curls is the one exercise you will be able to do in your mid forties without pain. I can do other lifts but the warm up and stretch and shoulder creaks and cracks I have to endure now is rarely worth it.

watch the diet and curl

but... but it's not functional!

I don't curl wiht a barbell or strict curl, but I do hammer curls to help make sure I don't tear a bicep. Usually something like 3x10 with 50lb dumb bell

95 lbs barbell reps 10-15reps slow. Can't go alot heavier because I don't want exacerbate bicep tendonitis at the elbow.
Used to do heavy seated machine rows which takes some stress off the elbows and it also improved standing curl strength.

Sets of 10 with 125 is impressive. I’ve always wanted to be able to do that with 135. That’s my dream goal. It seems impossible though. I mean I’m not even on your level yet.

I use to do 45's on each side until I slipped a disc. then I saw Kevin Levrone curling 225 for reps like it wasnr shit. i'm certain that I saw a picture of prime Ronnie Coleman curling 315 for reps
upload_2018-3-6_18-22-4.jpeg

All my hair depending on how much time I have.

Strict form standing or preacher with no crazy back arching.

I know curls aren't very beneficial from a chain "functional strength" standpoint. But at my age it's the one exercise I can still do with a fuck ton of weight and not have pain.

I still do bench. but I have a bad impingement. so I don't go as nearly as heavy as I did in my 20's, and 30's.

but I'm still curling just earlier today I did 3 sets X 10 reps with 125lbs.
On a side note, try decline presses, they should hurt the shoulders a lot less. And don't just accept shoulder pain, you can fix it.

Back