How much credibility does the LW title lose if Conor fights Diaz before Khabib/Tony?

giusti825

ßanned
@Silver
Reaction score
So now that Khabib/Ferguson is signed, and Nate is saying he wants to fight in May/June, its kind of obvious where this is all going.

Nate is one of my favorite fighters, but that doesn't change the fact that he hasn't won a fight at LW since 2015.

If the UFC gets this fight signed before April 7th, what do you think are the chances that fans will be turned off to the idea of a championship fight between two fighters who have become irrelevant in their division due to inactivity?

How do you think Tony and Khabib would respond?

I think the UFC, not the belt, loses more credibility than anything.

It really isnt the fighters fault (colin aside)

I mean it's not like it has any credibility right now as is. I couldn't care less about the division at this point.

if you didnt stop caring about ufc titles when germaine de randamine got one idk what to say

I think it would be a complete joke if Mcgregor vs. Diaz happens next.

Conors title has already lost all credibility now that Tony is fighting Khabib.

Conor has sat on the belt, perfectly healthy, for 15 months, without a single defense.

It would suck but we would get over it after another amazing fight with Conor finishing Diaz this time. Then Conor makes his second defence against khabib/Tony winner in July.

its a black mark against the sport. nate should not even be in the discussion unfortuneatley the ufc only see dollars.

khabib and tonys thougths are irrelevant.

giphy.gif

It would suck but we would get over it after another amazing fight with Conor finishing Diaz this time. Then Conor makes his second defence against khabib/Tony winner in July.

ppppffffttttt i aint buying that shit.

Sonnen fighting Jones and Nick Diaz fighting GSP was the beginning of the UFC spoiling the validity of their title shots.

at this point, I'm just like... whatever....

Sonnen fighting Jones and Nick Diaz fighting GSP was the beginning of the UFC spoiling the validity of their title shots.
Lesnar Vs Couture maybe?

(Hughes Vs Royce ?)

It would make Conors title officially obsolete and Tony /khabib the real McCoy......
and not even debatable imo

Belts that matter:WW,FW,BW aaaaaand that's all folks

Lesnar Vs Couture maybe?

(Hughes Vs Royce ?)
Lesnar getting a title shot over Nogueira, the interim champion, was definitely goofy too.
I don't care about TUF. Still should've been Nog/Couture for the belt.

Hughes/Gracie was never slated for the belt so I was never bothered by that fight too much.
Was just a marquee fight while Hughes happened to be champion. Matt defended a bunch so he gets some leniency.

They really built some legitimacy with their titles. Someting very difficult to achieve once you loose it.
See kickboxing after K1 death. Now they lost this very important asset nearly complete. Brings more money short term but in the long run it will be much more difficult to create new stars and make people interested. People need to know that in the end the champ /winner is the best.

Make the NFL with a Superbowl final game only drafted because of market value of the teams and it will create a ton of money but longterm the title itself would loose credibility and in that money.

Back