How much credibility does the LW title lose if Conor fights Diaz before Khabib/Tony?

Tony fight all comers, it was suppose to be khabib but he flaked out. It should've McChicken but he flaked out of MMA. Tony beats everybody.

Now you want to discredit his belt because your boy doesn't not defend. How is anyone suppose claim a belt if the 'champions' never defends.

He could've fought Eddie. He's fighting Khabib now supposedly. If Conor still doesn't defend he will defend against Eddie, and then become the real champ. So if what you say is true it'll play out anyways, but can't just say Tony is the champ because you think that's how it plays out.

So now that Khabib/Ferguson is signed, and Nate is saying he wants to fight in May/June, its kind of obvious where this is all going.

Nate is one of my favorite fighters, but that doesn't change the fact that he hasn't won a fight at LW since 2015.

If the UFC gets this fight signed before April 7th, what do you think are the chances that fans will be turned off to the idea of a championship fight between two fighters who have become irrelevant in their division due to inactivity?

How do you think Tony and Khabib would respond?
Does connor pay you to carry out some kind of study so he knows if fighting can makes his stock fall ?

Fight Nate all you want. No more 155 belt. That's it. Conor cannot continue to carry that belt through a fight with anyone except Tony or Khabib. Even that is remarkable bullshit. It should be Conor v. Tony and Khabib gets the winner.

If not. No more belt for Conor. Then fight whoever the fuck you want. Stop it with having a belt and you be the freak show. You are good at that.

I'm not going to bother arguing with you when the whole idea of the Champ "defending" his title against a gatekeeper, while there is ALREADY AN INTERIM CHAMP, is so patently absurd as to not merit my mounting an argument.

I'm not going to put you on ignore yet...a list reserved for true jackasses like @NotoriousMillions ...but you're getting pretty close to threading that needle.
First off. I legit couldn't give half a shit if you ignore me on a forum. Second. Literally what I said was a fact. If Conor McGregor returns and fights Nate Diaz. He will be defending his UFC title against Nate Diaz. Doesent matter if you consider him a "gatekeeper" or whatever. It would simply be the case. Third. I've already stated it would be shitty and not deserved for Nate. But as stated, people would get over this come fight week and everyone will be watching. That is all. There are other Conor fans here that are pretty crazy, I'm not one. I never said anything in my post that would lead you to believe that

The LW division has two main problems:
1. Conor McGregor is the champ, but he hasn't defended his belt and few reasonably expect him to defend his belt anytime soon.
2. Khabib and Ferguson are clearly the best two lightweights, the champ aside, but we don't know which is better. They have been scheduled to fight three times and the fight has been canceled three times.

The solutions are simple enough.
1. Strip McGregor immediately. No more delays, no more offered fights.
2. Keep scheduling Khabib vs Ferguson and hope they both make it to the Octagon.

Solve those two problems and everything else will work itself out in short order.

They really built some legitimacy with their titles. Someting very difficult to achieve once you loose it.
See kickboxing after K1 death. Now they lost this very important asset nearly complete. Brings more money short term but in the long run it will be much more difficult to create new stars and make people interested. People need to know that in the end the champ /winner is the best.

Make the NFL with a Superbowl final game only drafted because of market value of the teams and it will create a ton of money but longterm the title itself would loose credibility and in that money.

Nobody watches the super bowl because they care.

People watch it for an excuse to get together with their friends/family so they can eat chips and salsa and watch the commercials.

The Super Bowl and NFL in general is a joke and is dieing already so you're incorrect

Nobody watches the super bowl because they care.

People watch it for an excuse to get together with their friends/family so they can eat chips and salsa and watch the commercials.

The Super Bowl and NFL in general is a joke and is dieing already so you're incorrect

ok then maybe wrong analogy. Am not from the US.

First off. I legit couldn't give half a shit if you ignore me on a forum. Second. Literally what I said was a fact. If Conor McGregor returns and fights Nate Diaz. He will be defending his UFC title against Nate Diaz. Doesent matter if you consider him a "gatekeeper" or whatever. It would simply be the case. Third. I've already stated it would be shitty and not deserved for Nate. But as stated, people would get over this come fight week and everyone will be watching. That is all. There are other Conor fans here that are pretty crazy, I'm not one. I never said anything in my post that would lead you to believe that

Not going to argue...we'll just have to leave at "agree to disagree. I agree, you aren't one of the ridiculous Conor fans and I wouldn't expect you to care if I had you on Ignore.

I don't know how that fight was a "cool experiment" when the outcome was about as predictable as humanly possible.
So you assumed Conor would work Floyd for 8 rounds? Impressive.

I think a lot of people were very surprised at how well Conor did. Took the 1st 3 easy... despite crooked judging... I actually gave him most rounds up to the 8th... & if nothing else, people should be impressed with Conor's ability to make it that close even if they don't agree that he won several of the later rounds.

Floyd is typical for holding back in the first 2 or 3... but he obviously turned it on in the 4th... & Conor was right there returning fire.

I actually studied the fight very closely & spent a lot of time doing so, but even if you don't agree to the extent I am presenting here... I'm just saying... it wasn't as predictable as you're making it out to be.

A record number of PPV buyers back the "interesting experiment" theory up. Kind of hard to argue against it at least being interesting when it's breaking records. (yes, if it wasn't for the refunds they had to give, that fight broke the records... & even at that... it's a very very close 2nd of all time in combat sports history)

credibility - what's that?

most will complain. a few will celebrate. and everyone will eventually move on.

and if everyone eventually moves on, does it really matter? like the tree falling in the human-less forest....

So you assumed Conor would work Floyd for 8 rounds? Impressive.

I think a lot of people were very surprised at how well Conor did. Took the 1st 3 easy... despite crooked judging... I actually gave him most rounds up to the 8th... & if nothing else, people should be impressed with Conor's ability to make it that close even if they don't agree that he won several of the later rounds.

Floyd is typical for holding back in the first 2 or 3... but he obviously turned it on in the 4th... & Conor was right there returning fire.

I actually studied the fight very closely & spent a lot of time doing so, but even if you don't agree to the extent I am presenting here... I'm just saying... it wasn't as predictable as you're making it out to be.

A record number of PPV buyers back the "interesting experiment" theory up. Kind of hard to argue against it at least being interesting when it's breaking records. (yes, if it wasn't for the refunds they had to give, that fight broke the records... & even at that... it's a very very close 2nd of all time in combat sports history)

I guess we watched different fights.

I guess we watched different fights.
Not everyone is willing to spend the time I did studying that fight. I've shown stats & figures that I came up with myself by very closely studying the fight... but people just can't believe it... & don't want to... but at the same time would rather claim I'm wrong than to watch even one single round in slow motion to discredit my findings.

I did that to the 1st 8 rounds. lol.. I know... but one thing led to another... & that's what I ended up doing. I initially just wanted to double check the 1st 3 because I knew the judges were f*cked on them. They were. After that I thought about the 4th being so close & so I did it again... & one thing led to another until I watched all 8 & paused & re-wound as needed & took notes.

It will make the UFC look like a fucking joke.

Which means that the wizards at WME will almost certainly do it.

{<hhh]

So now that Khabib/Ferguson is signed, and Nate is saying he wants to fight in May/June, its kind of obvious where this is all going.

Nate is one of my favorite fighters, but that doesn't change the fact that he hasn't won a fight at LW since 2015.

If the UFC gets this fight signed before April 7th, what do you think are the chances that fans will be turned off to the idea of a championship fight between two fighters who have become irrelevant in their division due to inactivity?

How do you think Tony and Khabib would respond?
It's a paper belt

Back