How much credit are we giving the winner of rory mac vs the moose

Unfortunately in his latest interview with KB, Gegard says hes going to retire still young after Bellator contract is up but we'll see...... things change
Despite being young he has had a long career. So that’s good if he can do that comfortably without having to keep fighting.

Unfortunately in his latest interview with KB, Gegard says hes going to retire still young after Bellator contract is up but we'll see...... things change

I wouldn't be surprised. He's had a ton of fights. Also seems like the type to have saved/invested his earnings and won't be broke within the next 5 years.

Both fighters would have a good chance of winning the titles in their weight classes in the UFC. Great fight.

Despite being young he has had a long career. So that’s good if he can do that comfortably without having to keep fighting.
Oh- I agree, Jesus he's 33 in his prime with a 44-6 record and looks like he's 28 ....over 15 years of fighting and very successful everywhere he's fought including zuffa/UFC [12-3 / 9-3] and has belt everywhere he's fought (good chance he'd be UFC champ today if stayed).
So many weight classes competed in- including open weight (or "super heavy) and a perfect 8-0 kickboxing record which includes a 15 minute beatdown of the then current HEAVYWEIGHT K1 CHAMP Kyotaro........as a +210 underdog (thank you, btw to the house that took my action).
This is what we call a " once in a lifetime mmartist ".....

I think it's a bigger deal if Rory wins but Moose winning would still be impressive. The winner is 100% the best MW in Bellator and would be top 5 in UFC

If Rory wins it is huge for him and his career considering the 170lb top fighter is still up for heavy debate.

If Moose wins its a good win, but against a guy from the weight class below, won't be nearly as exciting as a Rory win.

I don't like the fight though because...
1. If Rory wins and enters a 170lb tourny that 185lb belt isnt going to be defended for 2 years.
2. Moose will probably injure Rory's nose straight out of the tournement and we will get a replacement fighter.

It's a high risk low reward fight for Moose. A win doesn't do much for him but a loss really hurts his stock. I'm a big fan of Rory but he really shouldn't have taken this fight.

Back