How much Data does google collect? I just listened to a song at friends house, was suggested to me!!

Did your friend play the song for you?
Yeah I got there, and the song was already playing...So I got there after the song was playing.

and its the same track because, it was extended.....the normal song is 2:23 minutes......but Google suggest the same extended track which is 20 minutes long.

Yeah I got there, and the song was already playing...So I got there after the song was playing.

and its the same track because, it was extended.....the normal song is 2:23 minutes......but Google suggest the same extended track which is 20 minutes long.
Right, so, it hears the song, checks to see who is listening to that song at that moment, makes a guess about location based upon his IP and yours and assumes that is the one you're listening to. Like I said, fucking creepy but technologically very plausible.

your phone monitors you. its more sophisticated than people think too. Google can tell when different people use a computer, and knows who they are by crossing that info against their records from things like phones. they will read your emails, listen to phone calls, etc. every person has a large amount of personal info on file at google. That is their product, consumer information.

Yup, far too many testimonials from people for this to be mere happen stance. This is why I don't use google (I don't use duckduckgo either), as my either my browser, or my search engine. I've also seen it happen first hand where I search for something on youtube, and it immediately detects what I want, because I watched something related to it. That's convenient for sure, but scary too. Doesn't happen much anymore. Remember google is a product and there are lots of other products out there.
It may not be able to present to you what it thinks you want if you don't use their browser etc, but I have no doubt it's still listening.

your phone monitors you. its more sophisticated than people think too. Google can tell when different people use a computer, and knows who they are by crossing that info against their records from things like phones. they will read your emails, listen to phone calls, etc. every person has a large amount of personal info on file at google. That is their product, consumer information.
for real that's creepy. But why was he listening to that song?

Right, so, it hears the song, checks to see who is listening to that song at that moment, makes a guess about location based upon his IP and yours and assumes that is the one you're listening to. Like I said, fucking creepy but technologically very plausible.
So Im assuming it was listening to his MAC speakers in my phone.......So I go to my house....I log in to my PC.......My PC is not signed into any youtube account, and since my phone is close to my PC, it suggest the song......Yeah really fucking creepy and an invasion of privacy.

So Im assuming it was listening to his MAC speakers in my phone.......So I go to my house....I log in to my PC.......My PC is not signed into any youtube account, and since my phone is close to my PC, it suggest the song......Yeah really fucking creepy and an invasion of privacy.
Speaking of your PC, if it's a Windows 10 machine, you might want to go into your settings and see if it's set up to connect to your phone automatically.
Go to Settings>Privacy>Communicate with unpaired devices and shut it off if it's on. That's another creepy as fuck setting that is enabled by default.

Google can tell when different people use a computer, and knows who they are by crossing that info against their records from things like phones.
probably even utilize the six axis technology to figure out who is holding the phone based on what angle it is tilting.

Speaking of your PC, if it's a Windows 10 machine, you might want to go into your settings and see if it's set up to connect to your phone automatically.
Go to Settings>Privacy>Communicate with unpaired devices and shut it off if it's on. That's another creepy as fuck setting that is enabled by default.
Just looked at that, I never paired my phone with windows 10.

good thing i live in the 3rd world/2nd world.

yeah google can hear but what do they care what 3rd world people do? our countries are economically irrelevant and owned by world powers.

Yup, far too many testimonials from people for this to be mere happen stance. This is why I don't use google (I don't use duckduckgo either), as my either my browser, or my search engine. I've also seen it happen first hand where I search for something on youtube, and it immediately detects what I want, because I watched something related to it. That's convenient for sure, but scary too. Doesn't happen much anymore. Remember google is a product and there are lots of other products out there.

What issues do you have with duck duck go?

It may not be able to present to you what it thinks you want if you don't use their browser etc, but I have no doubt it's still listening.

of course. they can still sell that infromation, same as what facebook does. Google didnt make all that money by being easy to get around. they are going to use your info.

i live by myself, and was merely singing a song the other day

i turned on the Xbox, fired up YT and it was the first recommended video for me...

just saying

i use separate browsers for everything and sign out of everything a well - but this still happens to me. I think its linked to your phone especially androids - so i disable location too and only switch it on when i need to. And no you dont need it on for maps to work - despite google trying to get you to believe it. VPN might help but its a PITA for speed down here in OZ.

This is scary, and totally unacceptable.
You know what pisses me off? Some of us (and I'm including myself here too) knew about this over 10 years ago, and were labelled as tin foil hat people, paranoid, or just plain crazy.
I just hope more and more people realise that there are other browsers and search engines out there, and you don't need google for anything.

Last edited:
Back