How much did all the embarrassing K-1 losses to "amateurs" hurt the sport...

LOL

and Aibidi vs Aerts is not Kickboxer vs Kickboxer?

so when i say that shit happens bringing up MMA good fighters losing fights that they should be supposed to win i am running of the subject matter,but when you bring Aibidi vs Aerts you arent,you really need to step up on logic mate

Bigfoot Silva,Brett Rogers,sokoudjou are such an underrated beasts with their abilitys right?

"What's surprising is that Aerts lost to Abidi, twice. The technical skill of a 3 time champion, at their peak, with a size advantage... he never should have lost. And that's what the OP was getting at.

That's why I would have put Abidi vs Aerts in the OP instead of Rampage vs Abidi."

the bad thing on discussing with MMA fans is that they live in a MMA bubble when it comes of Combat Sports.....

and Aibidi vs Aerts is not Kickboxer vs Kickboxer?

Yeah, so at least bring up an example where the favourite got KO'd twice in a row by the underdog.

You know what, I'll take pity on you, Wiedman Vs Silva.

Only reason I'm talking about Abidi is because you say he was never any good.

"What's surprising is that Aerts lost to Abidi, twice. The technical skill of a 3 time champion, at their peak, with a size advantage... he never should have lost. And that's what the OP was getting at.

That's why I would have put Abidi vs Aerts in the OP instead of Rampage vs Abidi."

the bad thing on discussing with MMA fans is that they live in a MMA bubble when it comes of Combat Sports.....

Are you going to try to argue with what I said? From what you've posted I would say you agree with me, that Abidi losing to Rampage was not that surprising but Abidi KOing Aerts twice was.

Why do you think I'm in an MMA bubble, I already told you I watched all of these fights live as they happened. You?

Also i am not seeing someone making a clickbait thread like "wow lol MMA striking sucks lol lol"

"yeah bwoy im cool,look how these cage gay fighters get they face planted when they fight against real fighters yeah man

i am just bringing up the facts maaan

-lol man Andy Souwer kicked the shit out of Carlos condit earning a TKO victory when both were young

-damn man,Kid Yamamoto was KTFO against Zambidis in his prime and got demolished by a south Korean Nobody inside one round in 2009 lel

-shiiiit Kawajiri got humbled in his prime receiving a one sided beatdown against Masato,mma=bad standup confirmed,i am so smart!!

-Oh My goooood Shinya Aoki ate a jumping knee on a MMA fight against a Journeyman cosplayer with brawler style in his best days woooow

-no waaaaaay maaan,JZ Calvan just got outclassed by Masato in 2007 his peak year,what a bad stand up fighter broooo

-whaaaaaat,JLB almost Killed Don Frye on his peak in a stand up fight,shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit,MMA SUCKS HARD maaan

-Hiroyuki Takaya was 0-3 on kickboxing all losses by UD,what a terrible human man

-OMG Genki Sudo was 2-4 on kickboxing with 2 KO losses,what a bum lol he cant fight man

-Kuniyoshi Hironaka got KOed in the first round against a washed up Suzuki and took the High kick KO of the year against Andy Souwer,MMA is joke it is proved damn

-Toby Imada was low kicked into submission against Buakaw on one of the best years of his career,Kickboxing 1-MMA 0

-Akihiro Gono lost all his fight in kickboxing against decent-good opponents what a bad athlete!!

-i cant believe,it haves to be a nightmare,Ludwig got KOed by Kraus,Outclassed by JWP,and hold losses to Fuji Chalmsak and got totally outclassed against a fat and old Ramon dekkers,and he is considered a elite MMA striker lel,what a BUM,Kickboxing is growing up over them now,i believe it!

-Kharitonov got lowkick fested by Ghita and fell into a right Hook of Jaideep indian journeyman,he should never be allowed to fight again...SAVAGE SAVAGE

-Hunt in his third pro mma fight defeated Wanderlei Silva and even jumped his butt all over him,what a bum!"

this is just the MMA bubble

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/why-do-mma-fighters-do-so-well-in-kickboxing.3594243/

Last edited:
With Conor Mayweather coming up, I'm thinking it would hurt Boxing's reputation badly if Conor wins... then I got to think, how much did the long list of embarrassing loses in K-1 hurt kickboxing?

Goodridge KO Mike Bernardo!
Rampage beat Abidi x2!
Bob Sapp KO Hoost x2!
Hong Man Choi beat Semmy Schilt!
Gergard beat Musashi!
Overeem KO Badr Hari!
Remy Bonjansky had some decisions go his way in fights you could say he lost to Botha and that big WWE dude...

Really, the list of embarrassments is pretty long.

To respond directly to the OP; While I agree that K-1 (and MMA) has quite a number of embarrassing losses I don't think there's anything that could really compare to the undefeated and potential "best eva" being beaten by someone with a 0-0 record.

Is there anything in K-1 that could actually compare?

Also i am not seeing someone making a clickbait thread like "wow lol MMA striking sucks lol lol"

"yeah bwoy im cool,look how these cage gay fighters get they face planted when they fight against real fighters yeah man

i am just bringing up the facts maaan

-lol man Andy Souwer kicked the shit out of Carlos condit earning a TKO victory when both were young

-damn man,Kid Yamamoto was KTFO against Zambidis in his prime and got demolished by a south Korean Nobody inside one round in 2009 lel

-shiiiit Kawajiri got humbled in his prime receiving a one sided beatdown against Masato,mma=bad standup confirmed,i am so smart!!

-Oh My goooood Shinya Aoki ate a jumping knee on a MMA fight against a Journeyman cosplayer with brawler style in his best days woooow

-no waaaaaay maaan,JZ Calvan just got outclassed by Masato in 2007 his peak year,what a bad stand up fighter broooo

-whaaaaaat,JLB almost Killed Don Frye on his peak in a stand up fight,shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit,MMA SUCKS HARD maaan

-Hiroyuki Takaya was 0-3 on kickboxing all losses by UD,what a terrible human man

-OMG Genki Sudo was 2-4 on kickboxing with 2 KO losses,what a bum lol he cant fight man

-Kuniyoshi Hironaka got KOed in the first round against a washed up Suzuki and took the High kick KO of the year against Andy Souwer,MMA is joke it is proved damn

-Toby Imada was low kicked into submission against Buakaw on one of the best years of his career,Kickboxing 1-MMA 0

-Akihiro Gono lost all his fight in kickboxing against decent-good opponents what a bad athlete!!

-i cant believe,it haves to be a nightmare,Ludwig got KOed by Kraus,Outclassed by JWP,and hold losses to Fuji Chalmsak and got totally outclassed against a fat and old Ramon dekkers,and he is considered a elite MMA striker lel,what a BUM,Kickboxing is growing up over them now,i believe it!

-Kharitonov got lowkick fested by Ghita and fell into a right Hook of Jaideep indian journeyman,he should never be allowed to fight again...SAVAGE SAVAGE

-Hunt in his third pro mma fight defeated Wanderlei Silva and even jumped his butt all over him,what a bum!"

this is just the MMA bubble

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/why-do-mma-fighters-do-so-well-in-kickboxing.3594243/

Those threads get made a lot.

So MMA fighters lose to pure strikers in pure striking? And?

Oh, Hunt was scouted KOing dudes outside a club when he was a bouncer, a few years later he was K-1 WGP Champion.

Those threads get made a lot.

So MMA fighters lose to pure strikers in pure striking? And?

Oh, Hunt was scouted KOing dudes outside a club when he was a bouncer, a few years later he was K-1 WGP Champion.
i was being highly ironical emulating a MMAish dumbfuck thread just to show how nosense it is

the bad thing is that MMA fans,a good part of them have complex of inferiority with his sport because it was trashed in the past by boxing

so til nowadays this people shit on other combat sports becauce "MMA is the real fight"

A few years later he got trained,became a pro fighter and after 14 pro kickboxing fights experience

"so you are saying that Hunt is not talented?"

What's surprising is that Aerts lost to Abidi, twice. The technical skill of a 3 time champion, at their peak, with a size advantage... he never should have lost. And that's what the OP was getting at.
This is a combat sport platform where giant heavyweights are throwing fists shins and knees at each other. You can look at every HW that was in K-1 and find a loss or multiple losses that shouldn't have happened on paper. That's the nature of the sport, and why K-1 WGP was so exciting in its time.

* The longer a fight can go, the more skills matters: Unlimited time is the best for display of skills but very boring as the fighters have to pace themselves. 12x3min like in boxing enable higher skilled fighter to win most of the time. 3x3min is very short and subject to surprises where the lower skilled fighter can win but also very exciting as fighters go all in with such limited time to win and make a difference: more openings, more highlights KOs.
* K1 HW had pretty much no weight limit unlike in the UFC; fighters routinely fought opponents much more heavy than them: again, very exciting for the spectators but highly volatile results
* Japanese referees: flexible with the rules with people bringing ratings like Sapp ;)

believe me bro,most of the best BJJ schools dont care care about IBJJF and abu Dhabi ones tournaments but also there is a lot of attention for MMA,it is a big deal on the sport

Not true. Pretty much all the best BJJ competitors and schools out there primarily focus on IBJJF competition. What teams are you talking about? Alliance, Atos, Gracie Barra, CheckMat, GFTeam? They don't care about IBJJF competition? There are BJJ schools that focus heavily on MMA like: Nova Uniao, Renzo Gracie, Ryan Gracie, Gracie Fusion. But these schools are smaller compared to the major teams, (they don't have nearly as many affiliate schools) and they still care about IBJJF competition.

It's not that there is no cross training between MMA and Jiu Jitsu athletes. But typically if you want to learn about MMA, then you go to an MMA gym. If you want to improve your Jiu Jitsu, you go train Jiu Jitsu. You can very easily become a world champion in GI, No Gi or whatever and not know anything about an MMA specific skill like defending against ground and pound.

It didn't affect it at all which is why people acting like Conor losing to Mayweather would be catastrophic to either McGregor or MMA is downright laughable.

Not true. Pretty much all the best BJJ competitors and schools out there primarily focus on IBJJF competition. What teams are you talking about? Alliance, Atos, Gracie Barra, CheckMat, GFTeam? They don't care about IBJJF competition? There are BJJ schools that focus heavily on MMA like: Nova Uniao, Renzo Gracie, Ryan Gracie, Gracie Fusion. But these schools are smaller compared to the major teams, (they don't have nearly as many affiliate schools) and they still care about IBJJF competition.

It's not that there is no cross training between MMA and Jiu Jitsu athletes. But typically if you want to learn about MMA, then you go to an MMA gym. If you want to improve your Jiu Jitsu, you go train Jiu Jitsu. You can very easily become a world champion in GI, No Gi or whatever and not know anything about an MMA specific skill like defending against ground and pound.

i said the opposite,pretty much every good BJJ school haves the main focus on IBJJF,but there are a lot of good BJJ schools who also care about MMA

I doubt the japanese cared that much... Sapp/Hoost x2 was the worst of those, the others weren't that bad. Sapp was a 350lb roided out monster so it kind of makes sense, he was very close to beating the pride heavyweight champ nogueira too.
It was great for business. Sapp was one of the biggest stars in the history of kickboxing and MMA in Japan.

It was great for business. Sapp was one of the biggest stars in the history of kickboxing and MMA in Japan.

Yeah I meant in that it was the most embarrassing loss for a kickboxer, in terms of viewership it was huge for K1.

With Conor Mayweather coming up, I'm thinking it would hurt Boxing's reputation badly if Conor wins... then I got to think, how much did the long list of embarrassing loses in K-1 hurt kickboxing?

Goodridge KO Mike Bernardo!
Rampage beat Abidi x2!
Bob Sapp KO Hoost x2!
Hong Man Choi beat Semmy Schilt!
Gergard beat Musashi!
Overeem KO Badr Hari!
Remy Bonjansky had some decisions go his way in fights you could say he lost to Botha and that big WWE dude...

Really, the list of embarrassments is pretty long.
Semmy loss due to the fight being in Seoul and stupid funking point deduction.

-i cant believe,it haves to be a nightmare,Ludwig got KOed by Kraus,Outclassed by JWP,and hold losses to Fuji Chalmsak and got totally outclassed against a fat and old Ramon dekkers,and he is considered a elite MMA striker lel,what a BUM,Kickboxing is growing up over them now,i believe it
How much of those Ludwig fights you watch? The only problem Ludwig had was he couldn't take a punch the fights with JWP and Dekkers was fairly close if you took out the multiple knockdowns in each fight. Even agianst Masato who you left out for some reason was on his way to a loss until the knock down in the 3rd and even after that all Masato did was punch himself out for his next fight. I understand wanting to shit on MMA guys to prove a point but Ludwig was a Kickboxer who crossed over to MMA not the other way around.

How much of those Ludwig fights you watch? The only problem Ludwig had was he couldn't take a punch the fights with JWP and Dekkers was fairly close if you took out the multiple knockdowns in each fight. Even agianst Masato who you left out for some reason was on his way to a loss until the knock down in the 3rd and even after that all Masato did was punch himself out for his next fight. I understand wanting to shit on MMA guys to prove a point but Ludwig was a Kickboxer who crossed over to MMA not the other way around.
all of them

JWP and Dekkers vs Ludwig was close?

not even near

both of these fights were on sided af

everyone can be going for the win until getting knocked down,it is part of the game

all of them

JWP and Dekkers vs Ludwig was close?

not even near

both of these fights were on sided af

everyone can be going for the win until getting knocked down,it is part of the game
Ludwig out landed Dekkers and if it wasn't for getting put on his ass every round would've won even in the JWP fight it was competitive until the knock downs. Maybe I need to rewatch them agian but I remember them being closer then ppl like to admit.

"if it wasnt..."

how can a fight be close when the guy got legit knocked down 3 times

he just trowed a lot and had lower accurancy,JWP inflicted the damage,you can throw 1000 strikes and loss a fight with no problem

Dekkers was like fat old and out of shape,outheighed and outweighted in his penultimate fight knocking the guy down once in each round isnt how a competitive fight haves to be

can all combat sports fans just get along ?

LOLJK of course we can't.

"if it wasnt..."

how can a fight be close when the guy got legit knocked down 3 times

he just trowed a lot and had lower accurancy,JWP inflicted the damage,you can throw 1000 strikes and loss a fight with no problem

Dekkers was like fat old and out of shape,outheighed and outweighted in his penultimate fight knocking the guy down once in each round isnt how a competitive fight haves to be
You forgot the injury Dekkers had too I'm not wasting anymore time talking about this like I said in the first post Ludwig is a kickboxer who crossed over to MMA not the other way around.

Back