How much did UFC pay fighters in 2016 ... (details inside) !

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Details on how much UFC & WWE pay to fighters/wrestlers

UFC paid 17% or $119 million up from 13% & $80 million in 2015

WWE as comparison paid 8% (as many know I have said prior)

Details at link

EDIT: I understand some are confused why WWE is included, so ...
The info was sourced by a site that covers both genres & provided for another site that does both as well.
On Wednesday (as others can attest) there was a debate on Sherdog about how much of a % WWE pays compared to UFC & I said depending on year 5-8%. I was told that it was coming out, but could not source it yet, so ...

Last edited:
UFC still sounds poor.
<{poor?}>

@Myrddin Wild
Remember the other day when I said WWE paid 5-8% a year to wrestlers & I was told I am FoS ...?

Well now I can show where I got recent figures from ;)

Does that include fight cards where fighter pay is not made public?

They have improved no doubt about it

PW's get hit w/ way more in-house "taxes": developmental tax, medical tax, Pyro tax, unlimited pancakes in catering tax, sledgehammer tax...{<hhh]

Needs to be much higher imo, but it is increasing at a healthy rate.

In most of the more established league sports in the US, athlete pay is about 50% of total revenue. That number might be misleadingly low as well compared to the UFC because NBA players are employees, and all their doctors, trainers, coaches are part of league expenses. In the UFC, those significant expenses are all on the fighters and don't show in the UFC's numbers at all.

AC reports are & always will be inaccurate as far as fighters true salaries are.
I know, but just wanted to see if the numbers were taken from disclosed purses or actual pay.

Needs to be much higher imo, but it is increasing at a healthy rate.

In most of the more established league sports in the US, athlete pay is about 50% of total revenue. That number might be misleadingly low as well compared to the UFC because NBA players are employees, and all their doctors, trainers, coaches are part of league expenses. In the UFC, those significant expenses are all on the fighters and don't show in the UFC's numbers at all.

A fair number is 25%
UFC is still a growing organization that spends a lot to sustain or grow.
Major sports did not pay a lot in the first few decades either
25% is about an equal split of profit between fighters & UFC & that is fair IMO

Last edited:
I know, but just wanted to see if the numbers were taken from disclosed purses or actual pay.

K ... but I never would report on AC pay
That is silly to do since it is inaccurate

The two Diaz Conor fights in 2016 probably bumped up fighter pay 5 percent alone after their ppv points. Let's not act like that 4 percent increase was spread evenly across the board.

Long story short the UFC paid their fighters like dog shit and still pay their fighters like dog shit.

and it turns out spending 90% of your life on the road traveling around from arena to arena in your underpants pretending you're a "superstar" doesn't pay that well.

Wait until the UFC is bought by Amazon.

The United States of Amazon is coming.

Frankie, does UFC still pay fighters undisclosed lockerroom bonuses, similar to how Sean McCorckle famously elaborated on here? or did those get replaced with Reebok money?

he calls them "discretionary bonuses", and they are of course different than PPV points.

Are we comparing the wage scale of a sport & a tv show?

Back