How much did UFC pay fighters in 2016 ... (details inside) !

U can’t just compare 8% to 17% though... how many of WWE wrestlers are splitting that 8%? UFC has at least 500 fighters... how many wrestler does WWE have? 100?

WWE wrestlers are on the road 300 days a year

The site I gave info at does both
Others compare & say that WWE pays better & people refuse to believe they pay 50% of UFC

Last edited:
This has been something you & I have discussed in teh past about taking UFC's gross numbers & then comparing the amount they pay to their athletes from that number.

Meanwhile, 100 mill went into building UFC corporate, god knows how much into 500 UFC gyms, the USADA program etc... so it's like you said... they are growing & spending money on the company to make it stronger.

I'd be more interested in comparing what the UFC distributed as profit to their investors over a year's time vs. how much they pay their fighters. The story changes a bit then.

2016 for example was 200 mill proffit & they paid their fighters $119 mill. or 60%

Of course that could be manipulated by the UFC just making more expenses... & passing money under the table & stuff... but I'm just saying that the 17% of gross doesn't tell the whole story, especially when comparing it to other sports whos infrastructure is all ready established.

Actually if we go with $200m & 120m (UFC vs fighters) it isn't really 60%
The total before fighter pay is $320m & fighters got 37.5% of that
50% is fair & a bonus check of $50m distributed between fighters would be a LOT of good will

@Myrddin Wild
Remember the other day when I said WWE paid 5-8% a year to wrestlers & I was told I am FoS ...?

Well now I can show where I got recent figures from ;)
Difference is there's not 500+ members on the WWE roster. Per person pay percentage is much higher in WWE.

Difference is there's not 500+ members on the WWE roster. Per person pay percentage is much higher in WWE.

You left out they work 300+ days a year (travel included) & cannot make any money outside of WWE as far as endorsements/appearances etc
Vince has to approve all

Also NBA has far less players than NFL & they pay about the same %

it is what the "sum" of your workers are worth & WWE values theirs at a pathetic rate.

Actually if we go with $200m & 120m (UFC vs fighters) it isn't really 60%
The total before fighter pay is $320m & fighters got 37.5% of that
50% is fair & a bonus check of $50m distributed between fighters would be a LOT of good will
Oh yes, of course... my bad... I forgot to add fighter pay back on to the profit before I pulled the percentage.

Face Palm.

Still, to my point, it paints a different picture figuring it that way. I'm just saying that it's not like the UFC is greasing their pockets with 83%... They're actually doing things to improve the business & health of the organization that are employing all these fighterz.

Comparing them to other sports orgs who all ready have their infrastructure built is a little in-accurate when the UFC is still paying for these initial costs.

You left out they work 300+ days a year (travel included) & cannot make any money outside of WWE as far as endorsements/appearances etc
Vince has to approve all

Also NBA has far less players than NFL & they pay about the same %

it is what the "sum" of your workers are worth & WWE values theirs at a pathetic rate.
I'm not arguing with you at all. I'm not a fan of WWE or any pro wrestling, but that's not an easy job. They work for their money.

I'm just trying to point out that the UFC might pay a higher portion of it's earnings overall, but they're paying much less on a per-person level.

Both orgs should pay a higher percentage to athletes

Details on how much UFC & WWE pay to fighters/wrestlers

UFC paid 17% or $119 million up from 13% & $80 million in 2015

WWE as comparison paid 8% (as many know I have said prior)

Details at link

-

PS: If you like the info I bring & always brought to SD, show some support HERE & HERE
How much of that increased percentage is due to Conor McGregor? If you took his salary out I wouldn't be surprised if that percentage went back down to 13% (or perhaps even lower).

The two Diaz Conor fights in 2016 probably bumped up fighter pay 5 percent alone after their ppv points. Let's not act like that 4 percent increase was spread evenly across the board.

Long story short the UFC paid their fighters like dog shit and still pay their fighters like dog shit.

and it turns out spending 90% of your life on the road traveling around from arena to arena in your underpants pretending you're a "superstar" doesn't pay that well.

Nor should it be spread evently. Long story short life is not fair. For Christ sakes ask your boss for a raise and stop complaining about your pay by proxy.

How much of that increased percentage is due to Conor McGregor? If you took his salary out I wouldn't be surprised if that percentage went back down to 13% (or perhaps even lower).

Could be right
I am just reporting what their legal filings were

Anybody that is thinking I am saying "17% is good" is someone without comprehension (not you)

WWE wrestlers are on the road 300 days a year

The site I gave info at does both
Others compare & say that WWE pays better & people refuse to believe they pay 50% of UFC
What’s the average pay per fighter/wrestler? If u divide the whole salary with the number of fighters/wrestlers... it sure does look like WWE is paying better

Details at link

-

PS: If you like the info I bring & always brought to SD, show some support HERE & HERE

Anyone know what the ufc profit margin is? 17%of turnover is not bad. I used to be a retail manager in a store that turned over £25 million, and we paid even less than 10% to staff.

Sports and retail is different obviously, but 17% isn't mega shabby.

Details at link

-

I wonder how much of that percent of sales has to do with maturity of business and the number of employees. Do you also have average earnings per employee, lowest paid and highest paid?

Anyone know what the ufc profit margin is? 17%of turnover is not bad. I used to be a retail manager in a store that turned over £25 million, and we paid even less than 10% to staff.

Sports and retail is different obviously, but 17% isn't mega shabby.

UFC varies year to year but realistically before fighter pay, they are in the 40-45% range

Details at link

-

Who are the experts providing the testimony? Did the experts have access to all of UFC's financial statements like the ledgers, balance sheet (from inception of Zuffa to present day), and income statements while constructing their estimates? How did the experts derive their estimates?

Also, when UFC gross $700 million is that revenue specifically from putting on fight events (ppv +gate + event merchandize + food and beverage sales) or does it include revenue from all their other business units associated with the UFC brand like their online merchandise store, Ufc gym membership, ...etc. And should the fighters be entitled to revenue from those all those business units or only revenue from those holding fight events?

Last edited:
Guys, as I usually do ...
I reported on a figure that UFC filed
I get it, but I cannot give info that is not released & most likely will never be.

UFC files for creditors and they have investor documents that get reported on

as @Myrddin Wild & some others know, I do get tipped off in advance, but need to wait until others report (I did say WWE was 5-8% though)

If I had more detailed info, I think you know you would get it

UFC paid 17% in 2016 as I posted today (info from John Nash)
UFC paid 13% in 2015 (info from Dave Meltzer)
I speak to both & the info they report is direct from the above (files/documents)
If those don't break it down further --- I can't help you lol

UFC pays at least 8% less (1/3) than what I have stated DOZENS of times is a reasonable % as far as a growing sport
Any nitwit that thinks the fact I gave a fact that it went to 17% means I think UFC are paying fighters well, has an agenda & a lack of comprehension

Could be right
I am just reporting what their legal filings were

Anybody that is thinking I am saying "17% is good" is someone without comprehension (not you)
I agree, 17% is still terrible, but if it went up 4% across the board for all fighters I'd still take that as a good sign (considering the new owners had spent $4 billion to buy the company, a pay raise for all fighters would've been surprising). However, I think that 3% increase has more to do with McGregor, Diaz, and Rousey.

Needs to be much higher imo, but it is increasing at a healthy rate.

In most of the more established league sports in the US, athlete pay is about 50% of total revenue. That number might be misleadingly low as well compared to the UFC because NBA players are employees, and all their doctors, trainers, coaches are part of league expenses. In the UFC, those significant expenses are all on the fighters and don't show in the UFC's numbers at all.

cant compare other sports

they have a few things unique to them

1) Fixed stadia, so they can sell season tickets etc
2) Guaranteed local catchment
3) Bigger merchandising opportunities that come with team sports

If UFC held every single event at the same venue, and that venue was in a city full of 5 million MMA fanatics, with a waiting list for season tickets of 20 years (the wait now for a liverpool season ticket is about 25 years), they got a guaranteed 20,000 attendance every card, and all 20,000 of the people attending had bought a UFC Shirt, then their revenue share would be considerably higher

cant compare a company that puts all its shows on teh road with the costs (and risks) that incurs to one with its own stadium and guaranteed local support

Watch what happens when a team suddenly start doing badly, when attendances drop, their revenue share to the athletes falls through the floor as well.

Oh yes, of course... my bad... I forgot to add fighter pay back on to the profit before I pulled the percentage.

Face Palm.

Still, to my point, it paints a different picture figuring it that way. I'm just saying that it's not like the UFC is greasing their pockets with 83%... They're actually doing things to improve the business & health of the organization that are employing all these fighterz.

Comparing them to other sports orgs who all ready have their infrastructure built is a little in-accurate when the UFC is still paying for these initial costs.
Plus the other sports leagues are taxpayer subsidized and tax exempt for the most part.

Back