How much money have u spent already in an online game?

50$ on platinum in Warframe when I rolled the 75% discount for a daily login.

It's f2p, I've played for years and have like 500+ hours logged, so yeah - I don't feel bad.

Probably $80-100 in Path of Exile. Bought a supporter pack, a few skins/effects and inventory upgrades. It's F2P so I wanted to support the game. I'd also pay real money if they'd let me skip the 10 Acts and get straight to maps every time I start a new character. It's such a boring slog going through that again for the tenth time and ultimately made me quit playing. Great game overall though.

Spent like $200 on Mass Effect Andromeda lootboxes. I was such a Bioware fanboy, and hearing that the game was tanking it was more to show them I cared

Man, it sucks how laggy and buggy mp was in Andromeda. The gameplay is the best its ever been in the series with how mobile you are and I had some really fun matches when the connection was solid. Goddamn EA.

50$ on platinum in Warframe when I rolled the 75% discount for a daily login.

It's f2p, I've played for years and have like 500+ hours logged, so yeah - I don't feel bad.

warframe is an enigma.

some of the newer stuff seems fucking great and the next open world area looks impressive. but the problems... host migration, lost connection to host and have been returned to menu, awful ui changes, missions not starting (often have to select it and cancel and reselect it 5-10 times just to get it to start), pubs getting scummier and scummier, providing incentive for pubs to get worse (ie: sanctuary onslaught, easier to level gear you're not even using, etc), etc and the usual high amount of bugs (bugframe) have made it an irritating POS that i barely even bother with the daily sorties, anymore.

regardless of the many bugs and etc - the way hosting is done is horrible. it's stupidly outdated and results in a wide array of major problems.

i gave $10 to de. would have paid more, but there's really nothing i would have done with the plat. literally all the plat i used has been for slots.

Most I've ever spent is probably like 5-10$ on a shark card or some shit when I had a few bucks left over in my account. I can't really justify putting more money into a game when I already spend 80 bucks on it.

I will just quit most games if I feel I will get stuck due to a pay wall. I also try to do my research before buying a game more so nowadays than ever. If I see an EA sticker slapped on a game chances are I'm going to skip spending the 80 dollars to pay for micro transactions.

I also feel loot boxes feed off alot of people's gambling addiction and should not be included in games. The only people willing to spend thousands of dollars on loot boxes etc clearly have an addiction to gambling that game companies are currently exploiting, which imo should be illegal.

warframe is an enigma.

some of the newer stuff seems fucking great and the next open world area looks impressive. but the problems... host migration, lost connection to host and have been returned to menu, awful ui changes, missions not starting (often have to select it and cancel and reselect it 5-10 times just to get it to start), pubs getting scummier and scummier, providing incentive for pubs to get worse (ie: sanctuary onslaught, easier to level gear you're not even using, etc), etc and the usual high amount of bugs (bugframe) have made it an irritating POS that i barely even bother with the daily sorties, anymore.

regardless of the many bugs and etc - the way hosting is done is horrible. it's stupidly outdated and results in a wide array of major problems.

i gave $10 to de. would have paid more, but there's really nothing i would have done with the plat. literally all the plat i used has been for slots.

I have almost 100 hours and the game runs better then most games I have payed for

I have almost 100 hours and the game runs better then most games I have payed for

maybe it's because you're in canada. where de and their server is.

i play on ps4, and the hosting issues are horrible (i actually just played a game where i was a full 4-6 seconds lagged from zone 3-8 of sanctuary onslaught).
i hear it's even worse on the xbox
and pc seems to be pretty lousy, too.

the feedback forum is a mess and people stopped bothering to even leave feedback, because the devs clearly don't ever read it (on a ps4 at 4 stream last month or so the idiots [danielle and the other retard] had no idea about some major bugs from a recent patch that seemingly everyone had experienced. the feedback section had 40-50 threads about it. shit's a joke).

the game should be great and has a ton of potential, but the hosting system (1 player is host, other 3 connect to host) is pure cancer. they need to fix all of their host/connection issues. it won't matter if the new sandbox area/etc is amazing if we can't connect to it.

maybe it's because you're in canada. where de and their server is.

i play on ps4, and the hosting issues are horrible (i actually just played a game where i was a full 4-6 seconds lagged from zone 3-8 of sanctuary onslaught).
i hear it's even worse on the xbox
and pc seems to be pretty lousy, too.

the feedback forum is a mess and people stopped bothering to even leave feedback, because the devs clearly don't ever read it (on a ps4 at 4 stream last month or so the idiots [danielle and the other retard] had no idea about some major bugs from a recent patch that seemingly everyone had experienced. the feedback section had 40-50 threads about it. shit's a joke).

the game should be great and has a ton of potential, but the hosting system (1 player is host, other 3 connect to host) is pure cancer. they need to fix all of their host/connection issues. it won't matter if the new sandbox area/etc is amazing if we can't connect to it.

On PC and only had trouble connecting to a couple of games and some lag here and there but its been really good.

warframe is an enigma.

While those are vaild criticisms, I can say that the game really is only getting better.

The story used to be a complete throw away. They really managed to turn into the strangeness they created and craft a rather intriguing plot that started with Natah and has gone on with the Second Dream, Sacrifice, etc.

Eidolon was a huge endeavor by them, and I thought it was going to be a flop but it was an earnest effort and fun. It's not great, but it's good and after Tennocon '18 I have some really high hopes that Fortuna is going to be even better.

Rivens also helped make weapons that were low tier and never really used, completely endgame viable. The cool thing is, if you're using a gun that everyone is like a Lanka - yeah, the Riven is going to go for huge money. But if you have some 5 disposition gun that is esoteric af, you can score an unrolled riven really cheap and make a truly unique weapon that is completely viable through star map and even later into Sorties and what not.

Also, just for reference, I'm on PC. While the hosting issues aren't as bad as what you've experienced on PS4, there is definitely some issues. The term 'Bugframe' did come around for a reason.

I estimate I've spent about $5000+ on World of warcraft over the years.

Was just talking about this with a buddy of mine earlier today lol. He spent 500 dollars on skins on fortnite idk why I only buy battle passes or emotes if I have leftover v bucks

I’ve probably spent 200 dollars on siege. I’m a complete sucker for skins

While those are vaild criticisms, I can say that the game really is only getting better.

The story used to be a complete throw away. They really managed to turn into the strangeness they created and craft a rather intriguing plot that started with Natah and has gone on with the Second Dream, Sacrifice, etc.

Eidolon was a huge endeavor by them, and I thought it was going to be a flop but it was an earnest effort and fun. It's not great, but it's good and after Tennocon '18 I have some really high hopes that Fortuna is going to be even better.

Rivens also helped make weapons that were low tier and never really used, completely endgame viable. The cool thing is, if you're using a gun that everyone is like a Lanka - yeah, the Riven is going to go for huge money. But if you have some 5 disposition gun that is esoteric af, you can score an unrolled riven really cheap and make a truly unique weapon that is completely viable through star map and even later into Sorties and what not.

Also, just for reference, I'm on PC. While the hosting issues aren't as bad as what you've experienced on PS4, there is definitely some issues. The term 'Bugframe' did come around for a reason.

the 'bugframe' shit seemingly was separate from the hosting/network issues, though. i can't count the amount of times i was stuck in a falling loop or through a floor or under stairs or times where the "/unstuck" command actually did help... the hosting/etc issues seem to be of a different monster.

and to make it worse, i turned down my matchmaking ping limit to 100ms (or is it 75?) months ago - it does seemingly nothing. it doesn't seem to limit my connectivity to those closer and it's made no noticeable difference in lag.

plains is kinda fun - but here the whole hosting nonsense is even worse, due to the nature of extracting from there. i generally play PoE solo, and even that is annoying... as one has all the limitations of being without a squad but can't even pause the freakin' game if you have to go afk for a minute.

the game SHOULD be better, but it seems like with every new addition, the bugs/connection issues get worse, perhaps even exponentially - as the connection issues are just so fucking horrifically bad recently.

rivens suck. or more specifically, the balance is terrible among weapons. melee is in desperate need of a massive overhaul (which is apparently happening), and rivens need to get their disposition updated. weapons are in general OP - the pyrana was already my favorite gun (i made one after getting a riven for it). the pyrana prime is just stupidly OP. rivens for many things are completely out of balance (pyrana, tiberon, scoliac, etc). that said, the only issue i really care about is the matchmaking/connectivity/host horseshit. it's just so bad i can't play for more than an hour. it's just cancer.

as for the story - meh. it kind of sucks. "the sacrifice" was terrible. the quasi-cut scenes in the hospital were so bad. the plot makes no sense. why are we supposed to care about space mom? how/why was ballas still alive?

oh, and operator mode sucks balls. never ever should have been added.

$3k on an MMO with micro transactions about 10 years ago (one of the early ones before we knew) just exp boosters, packs etc. 2 of my friends were also in for roughly the same, 20 year olds with credit cards and having the top guild on the server / needing to stay competitive was a bad combo. Did make $1400 from D3 tho.

I paid few bucks on the CSGO lootbox skins slot-machine.

After five tries to get something decent, I caught onto their scam.

After five tries to get something decent, I caught onto their scam.

Its best to buy the skin you want directly.

Sunday after July 4th figured i'd treat myself an bought two cases with a skin i wanted. Spent the last $6 dollars in my Steam Wallet. I unboxed the skin i wanted on the first unlock, $140 value : )

I had only spent like 80us $ for skins of my heroes in mobile legends. This game is so addicting some players even spent like 53k lol
I just wanna share this skin. This alone is worth 200-300 us$
I really love it but cant afford it
Goddamit look how beautiful it is.
View attachment 407037

Dude, I once spent $0.99 and felt weird.

I’ll spend $ on my car, on gym equipment etc but have never gotten over the hump to buy online games :/

about 200$ on dota2 but I have over 1000 hours played so whatever

None because online gaming is for chumps with open wallets who want to pay for but not actually own things.

And in a few years, server not found.

I own the games I like to play and they don't keep trying to monetize every aspect of the game

I've been playing Payday for years and they used to release DLCs constantly. Not to mention promotional DLCs that are purely cosmetic.

Purchased every single DLC for it and now they have it all in a damn bundle.

Fuckin' Overkill.

About $60 on packs for Hearthstone. Bought one of the expansion preorders then a couple of packs here and there.

Back