How much money have u spent already in an online game?

Loot boxes, with weapons, health , money, weapons etc I just can’t play games that people can pay for that shit on.

If you want to buy skins, or dlc maps and levels, hey go for it.

I’ve bought dlc levels before and skins that the kids wanted in a few games.

But shit like xp, and things you should have to earn in a game should not be there.

I think it’s messing up the kids in the future, another way that they can get by without knowing what effort and hard work is for.

My oldest kid had played doom for a few weeks before the woman took the kids to see the grandparents one weekend, and I had some other shit to do(project work for work etc ) and didn’t go.

I loaded up doom 2016, and walked through it, played multiplayer for a few hours maybe 3-4 the next day.

My kid was absolutely shocked to see that my multiplayer was stronger than his, because I got big xp bonuses for last man standing etc etc type achievements.

His generation is so used to being able to just respawn they all wade straight into fire fights with no tactics and just try and mow each other down and respawn when they die rinse and repeat.

He saw my acheivement in mass effect (think it’s called survivor or something like that) for playing through the whole game on hard, WITHOUT EVER DYING

Shit blew his mind, like could register how that’s even possible.

60 bucks on diablo3 transactions.
About 50-70 on clash of clans
15-20 bucks to buy Thriller dance moves in destiny 1. Had to do it.

And that’s it...

My girlfriends nephews have spent hundreds on fortnite, one of them bought a ton of the skins and dances but now is bored of the game.

Oh yea and when I worked at RadioShack I knew a guy that would spend like 10-20 bucks every day on Google cards for clash of clans, he said he spent around 2000 on it when it was all said and done and he did it from his wife. Sad part is he ended up getting his account banned on that game for conduct.

Last edited:
Come to think of it, I don't think I've spent a dime on add-ons. Not one map pack, or weapons pack, etc. I have bought some GOTY editions though, so that kinda counts I guess. Nothing at release though.

My girlfriends nephews have spent hundreds on fortnite, one of them bought a ton of the skins and dances but now is bored of the game.

Oh yea and when I worked at RadioShack I knew a guy that would spend like 10-20 bucks every day on Google cards for clash of clans, he said he spent around 2000 on it when it was all said and done and he did it from his wife. Sad part is he ended up getting his account banned on that game for conduct.

...yeah, THAT'S the sad part.

I bought the supporter pack with the tshirt and cloth map in PoE. Used the points to buy tabs and lootboxes lol.

Nothing. I bought the gangster online starters pack when I bought GTA 5 on Steam sale though.

Last edited:
nothing, i refuse to be suckered into micro transactions to play a game i already paid for.

Back