How much money you've lost betting on a fight?

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
A fight that cost you a lot of money.

Never bet big on MMA just because it's unpredictable, but I lost £30 on Rory vs Wonderboy

Thought Rory would expose Wonderboy as one dimensional

Lost $200 on Sherk vs BJ... Most I've ever put down on a fight. Won $100 on Frankie vs BJ twice though.

I lost $100 on May/Mac betting for a finish in 7-9 rounds. Fuck you Conor

$1400 on Santa Cruz-Frampton 1 because that idiot Leo tried to put on a show for the fans instead of boxing smart using his reach advantage. Then in the rematch he actually fought smart & kept Carl at the end of his jab like he was supposed to do & won easy. Was a kick in the nuts for sure.

$20 on the second Tyson vs Bruno fight. Stock markets are a great place for a fool to lose their money, and sports betting is worse.

I lost $100 because i bet on James Toney to beat Randy Couture

I've never told anybody that

1000 when GSP beat Hendricks, i placed a live bet between rounds 1-2 on the Rigg and thought i was going to win big for sure.

It was the first fight i thought GSP was going to lose going into it since 2004. Felt fucked over.

800 when Whittaker beat crocodile jui jitsu guy.

£900 on cody against tj in the rematch (what a terrible bet). i'd just won £2600 on a wild parlay so went yolo on the main event.

around 2,5k on the first GGG/Canelo fight, was one of the first times I was betting on boxing and not used to 1X2 since all bookies give you the money back on a draw in MMA. So I kept live betting either moneyline as the lines swtiched and got fucked by the decision

Last edited:
I lost $400 when Anderson Silva fought Chris Weidman the first time, and another $400 when Silva fought Weidman the second time.

That was a lot of money for me at the time.

$1400 on Santa Cruz-Frampton 1 because that idiot Leo tried to put on a show for the fans instead of boxing smart using his reach advantage. Then in the rematch he actually fought smart & kept Carl at the end of his jab like he was supposed to do & won easy. Was a kick in the nuts for sure.

Fuck bro... That's crazy. You should suckerpunch that fucker on sight.

100 on Till vs Woodley
100 on Blachowicz vs Cory

Largest single bet I placed was 500 on Kongo over Meathead, which won thankfully.

I don't bet on one fight. I bet multiple combinations of parlays. Sometimes 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 fight parlays in various combinations. I go through Bovada. I typically throw down between $50-100 per card if I remember to place bets. All of my bets are either $5 or $10, with an occasional $20 if I feel really good. At the beginning of the year, I put $300 in my account, it currently sits at $951.85. was up to $1340 but then I went on a massive slide down to just over $600 but the last card I won $336.74 total.

I do it for fun and excitement. I do some stupid shit that I know I won't win...placing $5 on 8 underdogs to pay out $8000 type stupid shit but it makes watching the fights more entertaining.

I think I had 50 dollars on Nam Phan vs. Leonard Garcia and I was fucking livid! I'm still kind of mad about it to be honest

Back