How much PPV buys would Spence/Crawford do?

It could wind up like devon alexander vs tim Bradley both undefeated and the top of the 140 division remember that fight? It was similar everyone was calling it leonard vs hearns of the modern era, it wound up to be a dud and boring.
I don't remember anyone predicting that fight was gonna be that special. Most just picked Bradley and thought it'd be a clear UD. Where were people saying modern Leonard vs Hearns?

I don't remember anyone predicting that fight was gonna be that special. Most just picked Bradley and thought it'd be a clear UD. Where were people saying modern Leonard vs Hearns?
oh man it was being hyped, they put it in Detroit and they were building it up, and it turned out boring, a lot of boxing fans were hyped about the match up.

That’s depressing. Crawford turns 31 in September, so his prime is quickly running out. He’s such a superb athlete that he might be able to extend it longer than most fighters, but does anyone really want to watch a 33 yo Crawford fight Spence? It might be like watching Pernel Whitaker fight De La Hoya. If I remember correctly - it’s been a long time - you saw flashes of the brilliance, but nothing he could sustain for long periods of time.
A Crawford at 33 will be better then he will be at 31.
If he had a bunch of wars and tough fights then it be different but he hasn't had too much trouble. His body's fine and he's moving fine.
Primes arent time specific. Some people start going bald at 23, some never go bald.
Crawford has many years left in this business and so does Spence.
Let em fight in 2 years

Last edited:
Fans are tired of PPV. Across sports, PPV numbers seem to be way down.
Honestly, this is the only real answer. Outside of Canelo's Mexican fan base, nobody wants to pay $60+ to see one good fight with a garbage undercard.

If it is carefully promoted I can see it doing a little over 500,000 PPV buys (America) in 2020. Personally, I am looking forward to that match more than anything else except perhaps Lomachenko vs Garcia at 135.

Back