how much should i weight

Kareem Mousa

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
guys i was wondering how much do i need to weight during fight week if i'm fighting at 125 ?
and what should my walk around weight be ?

Depends on the weigh ins. 24h vs same day, and if you can do well with cuts

Really it depends on your build as well, are you 130lbs the week before, but stocky, muscular, and sub 10% bodyfat? Then you can cut it for the competitive edge.

Also depends on your competition too, if you're competing in a place where most of the people there cut like pros, then you'll be at a size disadvantage competing at a walk weight.

General rule of thumb is to not go past cutting 10% of your bodyweight in water. Once you go past there, you're in the realm of hospital stuff.

If you're serious about competing and take fights as often as you can, maintain a walking weight of around 12% bodyfat (which ever weight that is to you), then you can either cut it all on the week of, or diet it down for a couple of weeks. Don't balloon up, then you have to diet down to lose most of it, and your energy levels are really bad compared to maintenance or surplus for weeks of doing that.

I'd say you can do 130-135 if you're in top shape and feeling good at that weight. Its not good to walk and compete at an unnatural weight for your build.

For me, my walking weight is 170-175, and I compete at 155. I basically maintain my weight all year round (if I'm not doing a bulk/cut cycle), even in camp. And on fight week I do the cut. At 170 I'm about 10-12%.

Really it depends on your build as well, are you 130lbs the week before, but stocky, muscular, and sub 10% bodyfat? Then you can cut it for the competitive edge.

Also depends on your competition too, if you're competing in a place where most of the people there cut like pros, then you'll be at a size disadvantage competing at a walk weight.

General rule of thumb is to not go past cutting 10% of your bodyweight in water. Once you go past there, you're in the realm of hospital stuff.

If you're serious about competing and take fights as often as you can, maintain a walking weight of around 12% bodyfat (which ever weight that is to you), then you can either cut it all on the week of, or diet it down for a couple of weeks. Don't balloon up, then you have to diet down to lose most of it, and your energy levels are really bad compared to maintenance or surplus for weeks of doing that.

I'd say you can do 130-135 if you're in top shape and feeling good at that weight. Its not good to walk and compete at an unnatural weight for your build.

For me, my walking weight is 170-175, and I compete at 155. I basically maintain my weight all year round (if I'm not doing a bulk/cut cycle), even in camp. And on fight week I do the cut. At 170 I'm about 10-12%.

Cough.....cough....Manlet

that was really helpful my last fight i was 135 on fight week i was feeling great but the reason i asked is that i look small at 135 so i wanted to bulk and walk around 160 then cut down to 125 but i'm not really sure if i can have a massive cut like that but thank you anyway

Back