How much stamina does clinching consume?

It drains you rapidly if you don't know what you're doing, and not breathing properly. When you know how to chill and explode at the right times, it won't gas you.

Not a single mention of banging.

<Deported1>

How tiring is it to hold someone with a good clinch?

Ive heard being on someone's clinch, drains alot of stamina.... but what about the other way around?

Sorry, i dont train UFC so i wouldnt know

Like all activities, how much energy you expend depends on your skill, what you are trying to do with clinch, and what the other guy is doing while both are in clinch.

But it should be more exhausting than fighting in the pocket, or the outside unless you are a spazz.

The clinch/wrestling is the most energy consuming aspect of fighting.

iu

Ive heard being on someone's clinch, drains alot of stamina.... but what about the other way around?

Little to none. Let him carry your weight.

Drains a lot less than when in boxing range. Unless they're better at clinching then you.
So i guess it depends on if you're good at clinching or not. Learning how to conserve energy in different positions is probably a whole different thing. It would probably be more akin to to whether your better at conserving stamina while kickboxing vs bjj.

Last edited:
The Click during the fight consumes much of the physical conditioning of the athlete. No muaythai and trained 30 minutes of clich for this reason.
tenor.gif

Being in the thai clinch doesn't really take any energy out of me or anyone else in my gym. Honestly it depends how much the person struggles to figure out how much they are being drained.

If you start trying to get out of it by doing the old hooking game like swooping one hand to the other guys neck or just trying to get out of it like dumbass by jerking your head or just trying to use neck strength to resist it that takes a lot of energy out of you.

Back