How much vacation time do you get from work?

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have been getting 12 weeks for a few years now. As I never take that much, I can carry two weeks into the next year. I also work about 12 stat days that are held for me every year. And 4 float days. That is damn near 16 weeks of paid vacation if I want!

I have been getting 12 weeks for a few years now. As I never take that much, I can carry two weeks into the next year. I also work about 12 stat days that are held for me every year. And 4 float days. That is damn near 16 weeks of paid vacation if I want!

12 weeks? Are you a teacher or NFL player?

Just had my first year anniversary. I began the job in July last year and was given 8 vacation days, and 2 "floating holidays" I could use day 1. Then on January 1, I was given another 18 days, and the number increases every year when they calendar turns over . It's nice because they can roll over, but you can't cash them out, unless you quit. It's the first job I have had, that encourages actually using your vacation days, and promotes a work/life balance.

4 weeks (including Christmas), plus various stat days. Nowhere near enough. I deserve more dammit!

Whenever I want since I just do Uber now.

But the wildest I've heard is my stepdad. He worked for the city and all of his vacation rolls over. He never took a vacation day in ten years. So, while he's found a new job, he also has ~30 weeks of vacation he's taking as part of his severance package.

That's a lot of dough. Makes me want to be an adult.

12 weeks? Are you a teacher or NFL player?
In a government paid medical field. To ease your mind, I have never taken over 6 weeks vacation. I also have around three months sick time available to me but I have only called in sick maybe 5 times in ten years. I appreciate my job. I work hard at it, and I actually have won a few things because my team outdoes everyone else.

3 weeks (15 days) but I don’t think I’ve ever used them all. What I don’t use carries over into the next year. I think I only used about 11 or so a year on average.

Four months of year, but those months are only paid at about a one-third rate. Also have another 12 paid holidays. (I have a side business, so off time isn't spent doing nothing unless I go on vacation etc).

Work for myself so whatever I want but I still don't take too much time off. I'm going to San Francisco to see a friend in 2 weeks so looking forward to that but I usually just stick around and run my business.

Contractor, so I don't get shit...one of the many reasons I'm quitting end of summer (they keep us well fed and have a very relaxed summer dress code, reasons I'm staying)

I'm a teacher so shit loads.

But I can't Sherdog at work so on balance it's not really worth it.

Why would you not take leave that's entitled to you?

That seems insane to me.

I'm on a 4 day week,35 hour week.

Get 4 rostered weeks off a year and 11 'floating' days I can put in for.

So 27 all told.

30 days plus 8 Bank Holidays.

Been putting them to good use, this year I've been to:

Belfast
Berlin
Slovenia
Tenerife
Austria
Italy

And got two weeks in Australia coming up.

4 weeks is the minimum by law here in new zealand plus all stat days. How come yanks get so few paid holidays? It's no wonder America is so unhappy and unhealthy.

Back